Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:07 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times

Advertisements

If you assume that most people these days have internet access at home and check their email daily, why do people you don't know yet in person take 2 days to reply to emails? It isn't a big deal, but I just noticed recently that this woman who I have be conversing online with for a month normally replies after two days, so this must be on purpose for some reason. I'm usually able and willing to respond that day, just because why wait? I had time to open and read the email, so why not just take 5 min and write back. I guess sometimes, one needs to let the email soak in and think, but it is just odd that there is almost always a 2 day delay, like it's a rule. Now I'm conscious of it and feel like I should wait to respond too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 10:16 PM

37,595 posts, read 45,972,346 times
I assure you...men do the same stupid thing.

Personally, I would write back when I got the email.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:21 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,354 times
One more thing... I was really busy for a few days, getting ready to go out of town and took like 4 days to respond to her, then withing 24 hours, she responded back. So she got back right away after I didn't email for a longer time.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:23 PM

37,595 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
One more thing... I was really busy for a few days, getting ready to go out of town and took like 4 days to respond to her, then withing 24 hours, she responded back. So she got back right away after I didn't email for a longer time.
Stop trying to find a formula. Send the email when you want the person to get it. Yeesh.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:33 PM

839 posts, read 2,416,479 times
You mean no one ever told you about the three day rule?

Way back when, before everybody had email, when a guy got a girl's phone number, the conventional wisdom was to wait three days before calling her. Call too soon and a guy just looks desperate. At least, that's what we believed at the time....

As I got older I came to realize that if a gal is really interested in a guy, she'll make time for him. If she's not, well, she might take two or three days to respond.......

Old 11-18-2010, 10:33 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,204 times
no problem waiting a bit for a good thing. If she sounds interesting to you to then just keep on. At least shes not gone for a month or something.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:27 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Two days is not a long time and there is no way you can know if it's on purpose or not. That's a little strange period to assume it's on purpose. It takes me a little time to write emails back to women sometimes partially because I want to write a well thought out letter so I wait until I'm sure I have the time.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:46 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,861,671 times
Quote:
If you assume that most people these days have internet access at home and check their email daily, why do people you don't know yet in person take 2 days to reply to emails? It isn't a big deal, but I just noticed recently that this woman who I have be conversing online with for a month normally replies after two days, so this must be on purpose for some reason. I'm usually able and willing to respond that day, just because why wait? I had time to open and read the email, so why not just take 5 min and write back. I guess sometimes, one needs to let the email soak in and think, but it is just odd that there is almost always a 2 day delay, like it's a rule. Now I'm conscious of it and feel like I should wait to respond too.

Because you are not that important to her day to day life basically. It also could be she only gets on every few days.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:26 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,672,442 times
Quote:
My guess is, you view her as A list, and she views you as B list. If you were her ideal she'd be answering you very quickly. This doesn't mean you don't have a shot, it just means you have competition (real or imagined). Did you "meet" on an online dating site? If so, time to meet in person. Find out once and for all whether there is a connection and stop the back-and-forth emails. It's been a month; why waste time getting invested in someone online if there isn't any chemistry IRL?

Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM

30 posts, read 64,196 times
Quote:

Move on. You will hear women come here and defend this person ..but move on. If you arent connecting naturally, and something as simple as an email is springing up confusion you aren't to be with this person. Besides why would you want to be with a person like this. Let her play her games with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships