Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:25 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

It could be he was standing on his toes cuz he wanted to get closer to eye level to your beautiful twin peaks.

Here in Oregon we have some beautiful mountains called 'The Sisters'.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 10:26 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
TIW, I think he was doing it to point out he noticed how tall you are and not to be mean. After all if he was being an a**, you could've walked up to him and used the top of his head as an arm rest!

Old 11-19-2010, 10:31 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
6'1" without heels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Yep...that's tall
At least he didn't ask how the weather was up there.

What most men don't realize is it's not how tall you are vertically but horizontally. I prefer my women about 6-10 inches tall when laid out correctly.

You might say the same thing about a man.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,710 times
I'd put my money on the guess that they do it because their manhood is at stake, feeling intimidated by your height.

Some guys never grow up, and standing on their toes is their grade scholl mentality, trying to make you feel self conscious, so that they feel better...nice huh? You just have to ignore the few men with shortman syndrome.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
As some of you may know, I'm tall which I guess means I'm really tall in 4" heels.

Back in my later teens and throughout my twenties when I would walk through a bar or club, some guys would stand on the tip of their toes as I passed by. Well, last night I was out for girls night out at a nice sports bar/restaurant and I was I walked through the bar section to leave, a guy did it. At my age, I thought I was done with dealing with that crap.

Obviously I know it's because of my height, but my question is:

Are the guys doing it to be mean, make fun of me? Or are they doing it to catch my attention?

I've never responded to it because in my mind it's so immature and not worth addressing regardless of their intentions.

I'm just curious if any of you guys have done this or had friends who have done that and maybe stated why?
Hi TheImportersWife,

You are simply a target for an opportunity for social display. When something unusual happens, one can make something happen. It can be anywhere from positive to negative.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:53 AM

19,712 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
In my experience, they're making fun of you. There's an episode of Southpark in which a new kid moves to town and gets bullied. Order that episode and you'll understand the mentality.

was that the Mormon episode?!

Old 11-19-2010, 11:08 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
I have had this happen to me among friends. I think it's an "I want to be as tall as you" gesture, not mean-spirited. I am 5'10 barefoot.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:11 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I have had this happen to me among friends. I think it's an "I want to be as tall as you" gesture, not mean-spirited. I am 5'10 barefoot.

Hay, shorty, how have ya been??

http://bestsmileys.com/winter/13.gif (broken link)

Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
It's so much simpler than you might imagine. All they're doing is checking to see if you're actually taller than them.
BINGO! Or the slight chance they were attempting to look down your blouse.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:24 AM
ttz

677 posts, read 1,666,584 times
Quote:
As some of you may know, I'm tall which I guess means I'm really tall in 4" heels.

Back in my later teens and throughout my twenties when I would walk through a bar or club, some guys would stand on the tip of their toes as I passed by. Well, last night I was out for girls night out at a nice sports bar/restaurant and I was I walked through the bar section to leave, a guy did it. At my age, I thought I was done with dealing with that crap.

Obviously I know it's because of my height, but my question is:

Are the guys doing it to be mean, make fun of me? Or are they doing it to catch my attention?

I've never responded to it because in my mind it's so immature and not worth addressing regardless of their intentions.

I'm just curious if any of you guys have done this or had friends who have done that and maybe stated why?
I am a 6'5" male and I have had this happen to me at times by both men and women. But mostly in my teens! I never took offense to it as I am a tall glass of water. But if this happened to me now, and by an adult and I felt they were clearly being mean about it, and trying to make fun of me I might just walk over to them and stoop down to try and be short. The look on their face would be priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships