Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 01:11 AM

339 posts, read 1,286,953 times

Advertisements

So, its Friday...I was bored out of my mind and Im leaving town tomorrow.
A guy messages me online and asks to meet up. We go to D&B and after about 3 or 4 games and about 30 minutes, he began checking his phone a few times and then says he had to get up early for work the next day. Hello, its a Friday! And he knew he was meeting me at 11 pm anyway

Usually I never do this, and he's leaving the country and I'm leaving the state...but I texted him if there was something else that made him leave so quickly. He just said he didn't realize how late it was

Needless to say I just feel so empty, not that I needed him or expected a whole lot...but it always feel bad to go on a date and then have them up and leave without giving any kind of reason why. Its like, well maybe there was something but I won't know.

And I been thru this already. I should already know that I shouldn't take it personal or anything, and that it is what it is. But its also a reason why if I just want to have fun, I do better off going to a bar or club instead of online, because stuff like this happens. Atleast I know the guy is available right then and there and if he doesn't like me, he won't come up to me in the 1st place.

It also seems like some guys have this imaginary image of how Im going to be when they meet me, and then it doesn't. What gives? Its exactly why lately, I've been going out to meet guys because I get sick of meeting people online and then you never know who or what they may have going on and then when things dont work out, I'm left feeling like its something I did. Its like a blind date, and my life is too busy to be meeting someone for nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 02:10 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,664 times
Was that your first time meeting him? To be honest Im not a big fan of online people sometimes, because you really dont get much of an impression of a person. I would recommend trying to expand your social network in real life and finding dates there. Online people can be veryyy flaky.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:49 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,174,569 times
Sounds like someone else disappeared on him and he was just killing time until that person showed. It's not just limited to men.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:56 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Sounds like someone else disappeared on him and he was just killing time until that person showed. It's not just limited to men.
Agreed. He had a midnight booty call and the OP was just the opening act before the show...

Old 11-20-2010, 06:18 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,615,910 times
I think the root of the entire problem lies in the choice of Dave & Buster's as a meet-up place. Seriously.

Think about it - you're going to a place where drunken people are re-living their recently-departed childhood - screaming and crying and running around like a bunch of unsupervised brats. They're throwing away their money in the name of having fun while eating tons of greasy junk food.

Now a BAR...THAT'S different...

You said

Quote:
...Its exactly why lately, I've been going out to meet guys...
So why did you meet this guy based upon the strength of an IM? At some point, unless there are extenuating circumstances, an on-line hookup will usually lead to an in-person meet. It's just a METHOD - one of many. Don't blame the method for the problems that lie within the guys that make use of them.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:25 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

So why did you meet this guy based upon the strength of an IM? At some point, unless there are extenuating circumstances, an on-line hookup will usually lead to an in-person meet. It's just a METHOD - one of many. Don't blame the method for the problems that lie within the guys that make use of them.
That's contrary to what I've heard: hate the game, not the player...

Old 11-20-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
That's contrary to what I've heard: hate the game, not the player...
Eh, I've never been a subscriber to the "Hate the sin, love the sinner" philosophy. I figure if the sin is worth my time hating, then so is the sinner.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:48 AM

19,695 posts, read 20,218,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I think the root of the entire problem lies in the choice of Dave & Buster's as a meet-up place. Seriously.

Yeah, I mean, Chuck E. Cheese actually has quite an extensive beer selection.

Old 11-20-2010, 08:53 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,074,507 times
Meeting up with someone at the last minute (and IMO last minute means making a date anytime that very day) means one of two things:

1. He had something better to do and it fell through.
or
2. He has something better to do and it starts later on that night.

Either way, aren't you worth more than that?

Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Yeah, I mean, Chuck E. Cheese actually has quite an extensive beer selection.
And they have the Big Rat - SO much better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships