Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 AM

1,034 posts, read 4,387,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
I'll make this easy for you. She knows you want her and she has zero interest in you whatsoever. She's even enjoying tormenting you. Plus she has no sense of humor.

So explain again why you're interested?
^^^ I agree here. I also agree with a previous poster who recommended you, "throw in the towel." Ha!

Seriously, it is her job to secure male attention. That is how she gains and maintains cliental. She sounds confident enough in herself to approach any man she was truly interested in. Plus if you know for a fact she has a BF, then you need to move along on this one. I think she drops looks and body language to keep you interested (and thus returning to the gym) with ZERO intention of following through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 10:14 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,325,889 times
Maybe she thought you were offering her a used sweaty towel....gross.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 AM

66 posts, read 109,943 times
WOW. Im amazed at how much energy some of you people have on this. I thought this thread would be on page 3 by now!!

Just for the hell, I'll address some of your damn near retarded posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkumat View Post
Hm. The whole towels thing aside, it actually made me wonder. What can he do to get that girl? What would you guys do? So...
1. She is probably really hot (personal trainer, never met an ugly one)
2. Gets a lot of male attention
3. Has a boyfriend
4. And our OP is obviously in the friend zone (or perhaps even in the "staff-client" zone). For about 1 year. +Got rejected by her at least once already.

I bet something can be done...
Hey, OP are you rich? Really good looking maybe?
Of course Im in the friend zone - she has a BF and other than her body language, appears to be faithful to him. In one respect thats a good thing - if I do ever want a relationship with her, at least she'd probably be a faithful gf, which is not easy to find where I live.

Not to sound arrogant, but Im in better shape than her and 95% of the other ppl at the gym. Ive been training for 15 years and tip the scales at a lean 220 lbs @ 6 feet and my life has revolved around nutrition and fitness for 15 years now. I am often taken as a pro-bodybuilder or athlete. I get attention from good looking women everywhere I go, including the gym and from her female coworkers (all of them). I am far from broke, graduated from one of the top 25 universities in the country and she knows all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
Yeah that's gross. :/ sorry
If she's known you're interested for a year and has never suggested she is too, then she's definitely not.
Did you read this part about her having a serious BF? What about her pulling her pants down and exposing a good portion of her ass when she knew I was looking right at her. I could give you at least 20 other examples just like that. I've spent alot of time at the gym with her and haven't seen her doing alot of this stuff for anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
Nothing. He has no personal relationship with her at all
Im perplexed as to where that post came from?? Where in this thread does it say this? We actually know each other fairly well and have talked alot about our backgrounds, values, famlies etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNuts View Post
Are you one of those dudes who go to the gym thinking that every girl wants to go back with you? Thats lame dude.

Girls like to know they are being checked out at the gym as do guys. This doesnt mean they want you. I thought most dudes learned this at age 17. She just wants to turn guy's heads to feel hot. That is it. She doesnt want a creepy guy who looks at her at the gym and stalks her FB page. Girls go after guys more for personality and confidence. Although talking to a girl at the gym does take confidence, so you got that goin.

Girls always make eye contact when I am at the gym, stretch in front of me, etc. It doesnt mean they want me. Girls arent like guys who choose sexual partners on physical aspects alone. But they do love to be noticed.

I have a feeling you can use your towel as something else by yourself. As a ___(3 letters) rag.
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjan1225 View Post
^^^ I agree here. I also agree with a previous poster who recommended you, "throw in the towel." Ha!

Seriously, it is her job to secure male attention. That is how she gains and maintains cliental. She sounds confident enough in herself to approach any man she was truly interested in. Plus if you know for a fact she has a BF, then you need to move along on this one. I think she drops looks and body language to keep you interested (and thus returning to the gym) with ZERO intention of following through.
Why in the world would a girl in a committed relationship ever approach another guy she is interested in? I can understand trying to draw them to her through body kanguage, etc., but not approaching them herself!! She doesn't have the personality to do this even if she were single and the vast majority of very attractive women don't approach men because they dont have to.
Ive actually been at the gym with this girl for alot longer than year and have never seen her approach a guy, but have seen plenty approach her. If you're suggesting that shes flirting to attain me as a client, wow.

Im sorry guys, but alot of you sound like resentful old farts that are stuck in 1962 sitting at your computer on your farm in Fargo, Minnesota with absolutely nothing better to do than be bash people on this forum and drink instant coffee - it is pretty pathetic. I also have my doubts as to how well some of you know the younger generation and how dating works among them, things are alot different than they were in 1947. It is a certain "type" of people that respond to posts on these forums all the time and probably NOT the type to be giving dating advice to young people.

As for the towel thing, it's not near as big of a deal as some you make it out to be. It was a fresh, clean towel and I hadn't even worked out yet. If it were post-workout when Im soaked w/ sweat, that would be far worse. Plus, like I said, she should be setting an example by using a towel. Ive been sent home for not having one.

Last edited by cloot310; 11-23-2010 at 11:34 AM..

Old 11-23-2010, 11:18 AM

2,066 posts, read 4,328,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloot310 View Post
There's a personal trainer at my gym that Ive been talking to for about a year. She has a boyfriend, but flirts alot through body language, eye contact, smiling, etc. I get the impression that either she's doing this for attention and/or maybe looking for a new boyfriend. Sometimes I approach her and she could not be friendlier. Other times, she's in "work-out" mode and comes off as rude and not open to talking, which I can relate to. Anyway, she knows Im interested and have been for a while.

There is a rule at my gym that all people must have a workout towel with them for sanitation purposes. Ive been sent home by the front desk before for not bringing one. This girl never uses a towel (you'd think of all people, staff would use one). So, today, I walked by her while she was on a treadmill and asked what happened to her workout towel. She said it was in her office. I then offered to let her borrow my towel and she declined.

This was about 90% intended to be flirtatious by me - I was just trying to joke with her, give her a hard time, etc. She never really sweats and I could care less about it. The other 10% is slightly bothered by the double standard- that Ive been sent home for this and she appears to be above the rules.

Anyway, at the time she didn't appear to take it as a joke. She didn't really laugh even though I said it with a smile on my face.

Was this really poor judgment on my part? Does she have a right to be mad at me in any way? I meant it to be a flirtatious joke, but she did not appear to pick up on my humor.
That's right ladies and gents... you can not be a friendly person without the fear of having people think you are a flirtatious, easy to stray, attention seeker with the need for acceptance.

Seriously your "joke" was lame dude. I doubt she gave it much thought or emotion. She was probably just a little annoyed and I would be annoyed to... actually I am annoyed by this story... just a little.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:28 AM

19,638 posts, read 20,130,445 times
I'm thinking he should definitely try wearing some spandex bicycle shorts next time....

Old 11-23-2010, 11:30 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,314,311 times
Quote:
Not to sound arrogant, but Im in better shape than her and 95% of the other ppl at the gym. Ive been training for 15 years and tip the scales at a lean 220 lbs @ 6 feet. People occasionally think Im a professional athlete and my life has revolved around nutrition and fitness for 15 years now. I get attention from good looking women everywhere I go, including the gym and from her female coworkers (all of them). I am far from broke, graduated from one of the top 25 universities in the country and she knows all this.

As for the towel thing, it's not near as big of a deal as some you make it out to be. I've recovered from far worse than this.
Awww....too bad you fizzled out with the towel joke. Next time just pop her on the a** with it. Now THAT'S how you flirt!! You sound like a hot stud so I'm sure you will get away with it.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:36 AM

25 posts, read 22,714 times
Quote:

What?
What is hard for you to understand? I told you that you are lame and you should use your towel for a *** rag? Who is the retarded one. Have fun with your towel.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:42 AM

66 posts, read 109,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Awww....too bad you fizzled out with the towel joke. Next time just pop her on the a** with it. Now THAT'S how you flirt!! You sound like a hot stud so I'm sure you will get away with it.
No, I dont think so. Id be looking for a new gym and probably a good bail bondsman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyNuts View Post
What is hard for you to understand? I told you that you are lame and you should use your towel for a *** rag? Who is the retarded one. Have fun with your towel.
Somebody's been a social outcast their entire life and never had any luck with the ladies...

Must hurt brah. Better days are ahead.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:46 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,596,581 times
Quote:
...Just for the hell, I'll address some of your damn near retarded posts...

...Not to sound arrogant...
Gee, one would think that a Top 25 Man would have taken a course in Social Intercourse somewhere along the line. If you're so wonderful (and YES, you DO come off as sounding arrogant, especially as a relatively new poster), why did you feel the need to post here?

Take it down a notch, OK, Slick?

Quote:
Im sorry guys, but alot of you sound like resentful old farts that are stuck in 1962 sitting at your computer on your farm in Fargo, Minnesota with absolutely nothing better to do than be bash people on this forum and drink instant coffee - it is pretty pathetic. I also have my doubts as to how well some of you know the younger generation and how dating works among them, things are alot different than they were in 1947. It is a certain "type" of people that respond to posts on these forums all the time and probably NOT the type to be giving dating advice to young people.
Well, it's difficult to get around much these days, even in our Hover Rounds. Twelve of my doctors have banned me from having any kind of coffee whatsoever since 1959, so I know it isn't because of that.

And no, dating hasn't changed - it's the attitude of many of the participants that's changed. THAT'S why it's all SNAFU now for some people.

Quote:
As for the towel thing, it's not near as big of a deal as some you make it out to be. I've recovered from far worse than this.
You seemed to stress it as a central point in your story - I guess they didn't offer Logic and Deductive Reasoning at Top 25 either...

Old 11-23-2010, 12:03 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,923,499 times
Cloot you and TVSG should discuss dating strategies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships