Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:03 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,047,399 times

Advertisements

HAHAHA this thread is absolutely precious!

Honestly its not that hard. You just have to create and set the mood.

Honestly this is normally how I do it, and I like to keep it absolutely classy:
- Upscale Dinner
- Movies
- The drive back to my apartment in Downtown Austin
- The 2 minutes of conversation taking place in front of the door of the apartment building
- The walk and chat to the apartment unit
- Have something to drink and chat for 20 minutes in the living Room (mostly about her)
- Set the mood with a neck, back, & ear massage

And then it gets time to go to the bedroom. For me its as simple as that. I just like to keep it mature actually.

Conversations normally are with me teasing a little bit, asking questions about her and her interests, paying attention and making it clear attention is being paid with a few distractions just to throw her off, a few jokes, and a few talks about things in common and stuff.

Eh that's just my summary. Nice and happy is the way to go!

Last edited by DANNYY; 11-25-2010 at 09:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2010, 09:15 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Okay, I'd like some opinions because I don't have the energy to analyze.

There's this guy that I've recently been seeing. He's older than me... has a fairly prominent position. Enough to where he can't have scandal attached to his name.

Technically, we've been on 3 "dates." The first was not meant to be a date and we met randomly through a friend, but it ended up being a 6 hour ordeal. The second date lasted until 1:30 in the morning - another 6 hour ordeal. And the third date... we had sex. He didn't push it, although he clearly wanted to... both of us kept our clothes on until I gave the "go" signal.

Before we had sex, I literally could not keep this guy off of me. He would refrain himself in public when people were watching, but we're talking prolonged making out at every possible chance. I don't think I've ever made out this much since my high school days... hell, I felt like I was in high school lol!

However, after sex, the constant making out was replaced with kisses. Everything else was the same, he was still saying how sexy I was and etc..... but he wasn't mauling me every other second like he has been the entire time before.

Am I just being silly? I've never really noticed this with a guy before. Is it because now that the horniness is gone, he can just be a normal adult again?

I'm pretty wary of casual sex territory, but I stumbled upon incredible lust and it's quite hard to resist.
Were you born yesterday? This is always happens after the guy gets what he wants and you're not in a commited relationship. WTF?

Old 11-25-2010, 09:32 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
What does Mango expect? You go to bed with a guy after 2 dates and admit you just want a physical relationship. So what's the problem? He screwed you and dumped you. Long-term relationships based on trust, love and common interests generally don't arise after a one-night stand.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:37 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,123,478 times
More evidence logic is increasingly harder for women to grasp nowadays.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:56 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Don't worry about it.

I don't think any less of you.
No do I. Mango asked a relatively simple question. I don't think she's looking for morality or religion, just honest opinions. I wouldn't think any less of a woman or a man, for asking what she wanted to know. No big deal in my books.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:09 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
No, he's not currently married and hasn't been for a while. I know this for a fact. He's not evasive about himself at all. But please don't label me as the "young naive girl who believes any man with an ounce of charm." I may be young and I am naive in certain aspects, but I know that people will put on a show to get what they want (hell, I do it sometimes) and trust is something that comes with time and proven actions.

Hi mango tango,

This is perhaps why people are reacting in such a way. Perhaps you are naive in this regard since this implies you being a sideline. Perhaps you did not mean ti imply this. If its not that, then so be it but it seems a strange thing to post about him if it were not relevant. What is scandalous about having a girlfriend? I believe the prevailing wisdom is "not to be caught with a dead girl or a live boy". You are a live girl aren't you?

There's this guy that I've recently been seeing. He's older than me... has a fairly prominent position. Enough to where he can't have scandal attached to his name.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:47 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Casual sex cant emotionally or ultimately fulfill you because it wasnt designed to ; God has a better plan for you and no one is ever sorry for following it. Regards.

That depends on how the people treat each other. While I'll admit a long term relationship can grow bonds between two people together in a way a short term can't, a person in your life if even briefly or not constant, can have a positive effect depending. I don't expect you to understand that possibility, but then again god sometimes works in mysterious ways right?, and with faith always has a way of coming through for a person, and it could be by being a fast burning supernova not always as a slow burning candle.

Other than that the only other thing I have to say in this thread is since long ago one time seeing mango's pic, I feel a slight jealously toward her man.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:43 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi mango tango,

This is perhaps why people are reacting in such a way. Perhaps you are naive in this regard since this implies you being a sideline. Perhaps you did not mean ti imply this. If its not that, then so be it but it seems a strange thing to post about him if it were not relevant. What is scandalous about having a girlfriend? I believe the prevailing wisdom is "not to be caught with a dead girl or a live boy". You are a live girl aren't you?

Point understood. That comment was irrelevant and I was simply trying to give a brief background.

Old 11-25-2010, 10:09 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I'm gonna be pretty direct here: you're a jerk. There's nothing wrong with choices people make that do not negatively affect you. Did her "sin" negatively affect you?

that's what I thought..
Well people having sex with multiple partners is effecting the human population in a negative way. STD's are on the rise, and new super strains that are resistant to medical treatments are now being reported.

Sorry, none of us live in a closed system, what you do can effect others even if you don't see it happen.

Gonorrhea Strain Proves Resistant | The Cornell Daily Sun

"Recently the Center for Disease Control and Prevention discovered a drug-resistant strain of gonorrhea, previously considered a curable STD that was relatively easy to treat."

Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
For those folks who are now in their 50s, who grew up in a time when having sex was just a fun, recreational activity, 100 is not that big of a deal. I think that I must have broken that mark myself by now.

The world is a very different place than it used to be. For sure.

20yrsinBranson
Yea, to many STD'S!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships