Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:01 PM

924 posts, read 2,227,620 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of causing a stir at work by leaving a single flower and a nice note on a few women's desks but not sign my name, just to:
a) see their reaction,
b) see the reaction of other colleagues (if they go into a frenzy asking why they didn't receive one, etc.)
c) set the stage for asking them to lunch

Now the thing is, the majority of the women in my office are attached. I've heard about one having a boyfriend, saw the other one's bf and the third woman has a ring, plus is extra cute and flirty, so it's impossible she's single.

I'll do it as a sort of social experiment. However the company has a policy of no giving unsolicited gifts, so it might not go over too well if one of these women complains. But I doubt they will.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:13 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,671,892 times
Amigo, many offices have cameras

Old 11-25-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
That's what I thought when I opened the door and went inside a manager's office when he was gone for the day. But in that case, I asked him beforehand when I could sign a document I had to sign and he said I can drop by his office anytime. So I went today at the end of the business day and although it felt awkward going into his office when he wasn't around, he gave me permission, so it's all good.

But as long as you're not doing anything mischievous, why worry about being "caught" on camera leaving flowers on a bunch of women's desks? Another idea is to leave a little box of chocolates, again with a nice note. Back when I was sitting at another desk, a married woman and I left each other snacks (we shared the same desk) and one day to my great surprise she left me a wonderful card.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:34 PM

19,644 posts, read 20,147,974 times
dramaaaaa

Old 11-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValueAddedWorker View Post
That's what I thought when I opened the door and went inside a manager's office when he was gone for the day. But in that case, I asked him beforehand when I could sign a document I had to sign and he said I can drop by his office anytime. So I went today at the end of the business day and although it felt awkward going into his office when he wasn't around, he gave me permission, so it's all good.

But as long as you're not doing anything mischievous, why worry about being "caught" on camera leaving flowers on a bunch of women's desks? Another idea is to leave a little box of chocolates, again with a nice note. Back when I was sitting at another desk, a married woman and I left each other snacks (we shared the same desk) and one day to my great surprise she left me a wonderful card.
Dude, you are clueless. Modern offices have oval or circular cameras secretly perched in some corner, where they can pan the entire area of a regular office, which happens to be a series of cubicles and cabin sections.

Two complaints from women who find mysterious gifts on the desks. Take a guess as to what happens next. The security team will take a look at the surveillance cameras.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 11-26-2010 at 08:41 AM..

Old 11-25-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Dude, you are clueless. Modern offices have oval or circular cameras secretly perched in some corner, where they can pan the entire area of a regular office, which happens to be a series of cubicles and cabin sections.
Maybe in your office but not mine.

Though it might be preferable to announce that a batch of cookies/chocolates/baked goods are in the kitchen and let everyone have some, rather than be affectionate towards 2-3 women in particular, since that would be a collective snack, not gifts for just a few of them. It would create less drama though. I like cat fights just as much as the next guy and who knows, they might even rip each others' clothes off in the ensuing melee.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:47 PM

37,502 posts, read 45,824,039 times
Quote:
I'm thinking of causing a stir at work by leaving a single flower and a nice note on a few women's desks but not sign my name, just to:
a) see their reaction,
b) see the reaction of other colleagues (if they go into a frenzy asking why they didn't receive one, etc.)
c) set the stage for asking them to lunch

Now the thing is, the majority of the women in my office are attached. I've heard about one having a boyfriend, saw the other one's bf and the third woman has a ring, plus is extra cute and flirty, so it's impossible she's single.

I'll do it as a sort of social experiment. However the company has a policy of no giving unsolicited gifts, so it might not go over too well if one of these women complains. But I doubt they will.
You're a bit wacko.

Old 11-25-2010, 08:51 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,435,656 times
Quote:

Old 11-25-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Maybe in your office but not mine.

Though it might be preferable to announce that a batch of cookies/chocolates/baked goods are in the kitchen and let everyone have some, rather than be affectionate towards 2-3 women in particular, since that would be a collective snack, not gifts for just a few of them. It would create less drama though. I like cat fights just as much as the next guy and who knows, they might even rip each others' clothes off in the ensuing melee.
Just put them in the break room and send an email to all and sundry. That would at least make you a team player, and not a creepy stalker caught on cam.

Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Just put them in the break room and send an email to all and sundry. That would at least make you a team player, and not a creepy stalker caught on cam.
Yeah I guess so about the team player. But what's with the stalker label? I know this is a forum and people are liable to say anything for kicks, but assuming you meant it, what's up with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.