Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2010, 08:03 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

We've got a SIL that is a compete a s s hole and left her husband, She is/was a FB friend, I guess she figured out how to block what I can see on her FB cause she's now has all kinds of pics of her new BF on her FB page..... from what I've heard from other people.

I tell ya, people acting with class seems to be going out of style.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Unfortunately those young designers who come to work for big corporations like Ralph Lauren don't have much of a say in anything. This profession just looks glamorous from the outside. Proportions and specs are already established and it's very difficult to change things around there. Their most important job is to come up with designs that sell, which is a process in itself, it goes through so much scrutiny before reaching the stores that only a shadow is left from original design.
I liked working for small companies, at least they were more open-minded to new ideas, but then they don't have a room to wiggle with the budget either.
One would think that the crapola not selling or selling at a huge discount ought to be a good tip, but perhaps not... Maybe it costs them $5 to produce something supposed to sell by wishful thinking for $100, and they're happy to sell it for $20.

Last winter I bought a few "cashmere" sweaters from TJ Maxx for $30 each. Needless to say, they turned out to be junk... The sad part is that those that sell for $100 are also made in good ol' China and are not any different! Between the clothes and my "dear" coworker from China I can't stand, China is a 4-letter word in my vocabulary at this point.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:11 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
One would think that the crapola not selling or selling at a huge discount ought to be a good tip, but perhaps not... Maybe it costs them $5 to produce something supposed to sell by wishful thinking for $100, and they're happy to sell it for $20.

Last winter I bought a few "cashmere" sweaters from TJ Maxx for $30 each. Needless to say, they turned out to be junk... The sad part is that those that sell for $100 are also made in good ol' China and are not any different! Between the clothes and my "dear" coworker from China I can't stand, China is a 4-letter word in my vocabulary at this point.
You are so funny.

Well, working with them was a trip. I remember getting "urgent" emails from them every day and I could tell by time difference that they are in the office till midnight working. They are really really hard-working, those Chinese. They put us Americans to shame with how hard they work.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:11 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,010,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We've got a SIL that is a compete a s s hole and left her husband, She is/was a FB friend, I guess she figured out how to block what I can see on her FB cause she's now has all kinds of pics of her new BF on her FB page..... from what I've heard from other people.

I tell ya, people acting with class seems to be going out of style.
I was thinking about that yesterday, reading about max's mama's niece and thinking when she gets old enough to figure it out, she's going to regret posting tasteless comments on her FB page.

Then I wondered... maybe not. Maybe the entire culture is becoming so disposable (as with all of our cheap clothes from China) that we can just throw away our old reputations and put up a new one on FB. Remember when getting caught having an affair or a DUI was career suicide? I saw Clinton talking to the press corps at the White House on TV and they were eating it up, like he brought Gandhi in there or something...

Old 12-10-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You are so funny.

Well, working with them was a trip. I remember getting "urgent" emails from them every day and I could tell by time difference that they are in the office till midnight working. They are really really hard-working, those Chinese. They put us Americans to shame with how hard they work.
Well, hard work doesn't always cut it. Some skills are needed, too.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:16 PM

19,383 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Yo I am here. Blasting some Foo Fighters now.

Was cutting trees this afternoon. I hope to have the creek cleaned up soon.
"Best of You."

Old 12-10-2010, 08:17 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Well, hard work doesn't always cut it. Some skills are needed, too.
Yes, sometimes it would up to 7 or so trials just to get anything that was presentable enough for the showroom.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
I gave my parents their Christmas gifts already.

Old 12-10-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I gave my parents their Christmas gifts already.
How come? The children can't wait?

Old 12-10-2010, 08:31 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Quote:
How come? The children can't wait?
I had a Christmas breakdown and decided that if I kept thinking about Christmas gifts and such I would go nuts. So I went and got them something yesterday and today I pulled it out of the closet and went to give it to them. They were surprised that I gave them such an early present, but I am just so going nuts with all the pressure the stores have on everyone, that I gave in.

Can't wait till New Year's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships