Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 01:04 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
I had my first discouraging night at work last night. Tonight's a new night. I'm feeling optimistic.

Friends, check out my new profile pic. Merry Christmas!
What a beautiful picture, Belle.

Looks like Mr. Belle gets Christmas every day.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
For a second I thought I was in the Happy thread. Around here we usually get news of illness, aging, aggravation, exhaustion, houligans, exploding wine bottles and all that other good stuff.

Congrats on the good news.
Thanks. I posted it here 'cause that's where we negative folks hang out.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:13 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,549,512 times
I never get the flu shot. I never get the flu!!!!! Well maybe a couple ot times in my life.....

Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Thanks. I posted it here 'cause that's where we negative folks hang out.
I actually try not to be negative. I actively look for ways to make myself laugh when I find myself getting too down. Doesn't always work, but I try.

To all those feeling down or ill and are proponents of natural medicine: (BTW, I really swear by this vvvv).

Chicken Soup, n.: An ancient miracle drug containing equal parts of aureomycin, cocaine, interferon, and TLC. The only ailment chicken soup can't cure is neurotic dependence on one's mother. - Arthur Naiman, "Every Goy's Guide to Yiddish"

Old 12-08-2010, 01:32 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,010,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
AHA! Thanks, yellfire! At last I know what I am missing!

The satin sheets!

ohno! Just the pillowcase. If you do the whole set, you're more apt to slide off the bed entirely. Plus they're cold. Refreshing for the face, not so much for the body in the greater Chicago area in winter.

I also espouse corrective procedures that require major financing... I'm trying to delay the inevitable, not necessarily prevent it. "Aging gracefully" is an oxymoron especially in South Florida!

Not going to give my opinion on the flu shot. I did see the first case of this season on Monday, Influenza A, not the HN variant. Happy days are here again.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:35 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,010,972 times
Quote:

Chicken Soup, n.: An ancient miracle drug containing equal parts of aureomycin, cocaine, interferon, and TLC. The only ailment chicken soup can't cure is neurotic dependence on one's mother. - Arthur Naiman, "Every Goy's Guide to Yiddish"
Love this... Throw in a little arsenic and thallium and you've got yourself a cure for everything.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I believe in it! Actually, my culture seems to have quite a few things in common with the Jewish. Only that by the time I'm sick I don't feel like making it, so I'd end up buying the poison from the stores... I've limited my consumption of processed "food" drastically, though, so a few soups won't kill me hopefully...

As soon as I finish my bowl of hot chicken soup, I start sweating, sneezing, blowing my nose, and the cold is going out.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
Love this... Throw in a little arsenic and thallium and you've got yourself a cure for everything.
...... but with those additions, will I even be alive to care
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I believe in it! Actually, my culture seems to have quite a few things in common with the Jewish. Only that by the time I'm sick I don't feel like making it, so I'd end up buying the poison from the stores... I've limited my consumption of processed "food" drastically, though, so a few soups won't kill me hopefully...

As soon as I finish my bowl of hot chicken soup, I start sweating, sneezing, blowing my nose, and the cold is going out.
I don't usually toot my own horn, but I make some kick-a$$ chicken soup. I make it at least once a week, even in the summer, whether we're sick or not.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:21 PM

That's too funny - I managed to land in the Automotive forum!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,616,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Dudes, the flu shot cannot give you the flu. It's not a government conspiracy. I get one every year, and aside from a sore arm for a few days, I've never been sick from it.
I didn't say it gave him the flu - I said he got the flu.

And there are a LOT of people that get sick from the shots - not necessarily a flu, but other ailments...

1. Although flu shots for seniors have increased 50 percent over the past 20 years, there has not been a corresponding decrease in flu-related deaths.

2. Targeting the precise strain of flu that will strike is like finding a needle in a haystack. They just pick one and cross their fingers based upon what they THINK will work.

3. Many flu shots contain Thimerosal (mercury) as a preservative. Read "autoimmune system and brain damage".

4. The majority of illnesses characterized by fever, fatigue, cough and aching muscles are not caused by the influenza virus. Non-influenza viruses (e.g., rhinoviruses respiratory syncytial virus [RSV], adenoviruses, and parainfluenza viruses) can cause symptoms that look like the flu, but are not. The flu vaccine does not protect you against these.

Meanwhile, Big Pharma continues to profit handsomely from the increased paranoia...

Remember the big Swine Flu scare? Do you also remember the resulting landslide of Guillain-Barre Syndrome cases? It was back in '76, I believe...they stopped the inoculations after 25 proven deaths from them.

The CDC itself prevaricates depending upon the current political climate. I wouldn't call it a conspiracy - just business as usual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships