Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 04:07 PM

19,637 posts, read 20,130,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Braunwyn, you make a good point, that Drama is non gender specific a friend of mine once stated "Its hard to be dramatic without a audience"
Maybe part of drama, is the other person willing to PUT UP with the drama.

If a relationship is strong and the attitude is "don't sh*t a sh*tter"
then there would be LESS drama, but if the relationship is a pity party express, then it's "you give me 22 hours, I will give you some drama"

Jonathan
This is gold right here. Spot on.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:18 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,852,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Yesterday my boyfriend and I were out shopping and I spotted a couple sitting on a bench in the shopping mall. The girl was crying and saying things to the boy, and the boy was just shaking his head. I told my boyfriend of my observation and he said something like “you girls and your drama, we hate it!”

I told him relationships come with drama and that’s when he said “there is no drama, women create drama.”

I said that was a load of garbage and that if there is something on our mind we need to talk about it, we need to tell you our feelings and he said “we don’t WANT to talk about feelings!”. I asked if we were just expected to hold it all in but he didn’t respond, he was already distracted looking at something in the shopping mall.

The weird thing is, if we break up with our boyfriends telling them of the horrible things they’d said or done to us to hurt our feelings, they often say “why didn’t you tell me?!”. I don’t know WHAT we’re expected to do!

Do you believe this is the case? If the world was entirely male populated (impossible I know, but hypothetically speaking), would relationships be drama-free?

N.B. I am NOT looking for relationship advice I am just wanting to know your thoughts on this statement from both the male and female perspectives.
VG does your bf have any redeeming points lol?

Old 11-28-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Yesterday my boyfriend and I were out shopping and I spotted a couple sitting on a bench in the shopping mall. The girl was crying and saying things to the boy, and the boy was just shaking his head. I told my boyfriend of my observation and he said something like “you girls and your drama, we hate it!”

I told him relationships come with drama and that’s when he said “there is no drama, women create drama.”

I said that was a load of garbage and that if there is something on our mind we need to talk about it, we need to tell you our feelings and he said “we don’t WANT to talk about feelings!”. I asked if we were just expected to hold it all in but he didn’t respond, he was already distracted looking at something in the shopping mall.

The weird thing is, if we break up with our boyfriends telling them of the horrible things they’d said or done to us to hurt our feelings, they often say “why didn’t you tell me?!”. I don’t know WHAT we’re expected to do!

Do you believe this is the case? If the world was entirely male populated (impossible I know, but hypothetically speaking), would relationships be drama-free?

N.B. I am NOT looking for relationship advice I am just wanting to know your thoughts on this statement from both the male and female perspectives.
And btw men are the biggest drama queens in the business .

Old 11-28-2010, 04:27 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,207,853 times
Thank you for your colourful responses, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
you might wish to understand your need to setup someone. Now to his responses, they were guaranteed to lose the day. He just did not realize his mistake quickly enough when you escalated. Always look for the instigator.

HUH??

Old 11-28-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:

HUH??

^ what she said

Old 11-28-2010, 06:13 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,967,481 times
Quote:

HUH??
I think he was trying to say that you were actually starting drama with your boyfriend with that convo. You saw a couple who wasn't in a "happy" place and you immediately sympathized with the woman because it reflected the pain you feel when YOUR boyfriend has made you unhappy. So by bringing that couple to your boyfriend's attention, it was almost like a passive aggressive way for you to tell him that men are always the big bad wolf. He replied to you stating that women create drama because he was defending the honor of his gender since you were implying that men are "bad" Once he realized you baited him into a convo of he vs she which in turn was going to create drama between the two of you, he began to ignore you so the convo would cease.

Drama isn't gender specific but I do think some women create drama because they get in relationships with men thinking they can change them into being what they want. With men it's often the opposite where as they get the woman they want and after it's official the woman then becomes someone different from the person he fell for. (There are exceptions of course)For example a woman complains to her boyfriend that he doesn't take out the trash. After she's asked him 2 or 3 times to take out the trash if he hasn't done it, it's safe to say he isn't going to do it so continuing to bring it up equals drama. Instead of her continuing to make taking out the trash an issue, she needs to either do it herself or dump him and get a new boyfriend who doesn't mind taking out the trash.

Most men are action oriented which means they don't use words as a method to resolve things. They will SHOW you exactly what they mean and it's up to you to realize what his actions are saying. When your boyfriend began to ignore you, he was telling you the convo is over and he's done talking about it. He didn't come straight out and say those words, instead he showed you by not saying another word to you about it. Your boyfriend thinks if you have a problem with how he is, either except it or move on. There's nothing to talk about and for you to want to talk about it, demonstrates you wanting to create drama because to him he sees no point in the convo since he knows your views and feelings are not going to change his actions and at this point you should know this as well. So once he realized he was being put on the spot with that convo, he checked out.

X My thoughts on the situation.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:57 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,207,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I think he was trying to say that you were actually starting drama with your boyfriend with that convo. You saw a couple who wasn't in a "happy" place and you immediately sympathized with the woman because it reflected the pain you feel when YOUR boyfriend has made you unhappy. So by bringing that couple to your boyfriend's attention, it was almost like a passive aggressive way for you to tell him that men are always the big bad wolf.
What the? Where did I say at all that I had sympathized with the woman?

Quote:

My “observation” was simply saying “look, that couple are having a fight”.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:09 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,806,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, you're charging all of us with this silliness? And of course, male homosexual relationships are drama free. lol

I could counter each of those bullets so easily. - My ex always went on about this and that ruining him. Corporate American ruined him lol was the most recent on facebook. "Ruined me!" "Ruined me!" Ahh, the tortured soul.

- I was just pulled over by a cop last week and now I have, according to him, someone to call on if I ever get pulled over again to have that business taken care of.

- As far as weight goes, according to this, there are more over weight men than women, and more obese women than men. Tho, the former has a greater gap at 10% than the latter at 3%. So, men are not losing that weight faster.

- As far as the toilet seat goes, I'm not sure how this is drama, but common courtesy. The lid should be down when you flush the toilet, if you do flush, unless you enjoy your urine and feces water spraying about the bathroom. Lets not confuse clean tooth brushes with drama.

- Last but not least, I suppose desiring other people can be dramatic, but it's hardly gender specific.
You forgot to counter this one: "Why are you late, I made dinner and its now burned because you're late"

Who waits to take dinner out of the oven until the guy comes home? "Dinner is cold", I can see, but burned?

Just messing with ya, macgeek.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:13 PM

19,637 posts, read 20,130,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post

Who waits to take dinner out of the oven until the guy comes home? "Dinner is cold", I can see, but burned?

lmao

WIFE FAIL

Old 11-28-2010, 07:15 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
You forgot to counter this one: "Why are you late, I made dinner and its now burned because you're late"

Just messing with ya, macgeek.
Ah, I missed that one. Given that I don't do a whole of cooking in the day to day, that's not surprising. Any way, you are correct about burning the dinner. It would be pretty odd to keep something on the fire until dh or dw came home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.