Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:37 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,477 times

Advertisements

For those people in long term relationships, do you miss the feeling of being with someone new?

Their individual smell, a new set of lips on your skin, a new touch?

I was on the bus the other day and a lovely looking guy sat beside me. Our legs touched and I felt my stomach bubble up inside and my knees go weak. It’s been so long since I’ve felt that feeling.

Yes yes I know some of you still get that feeling with your partner, and that you wouldn't give them up to feel that feeling again, but I mean BEING with somebody entirely new, do you miss it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 02:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
For those people in long term relationships, do you miss the feeling of being with someone new?

I was on the bus the other day and a lovely looking guy sat beside me. Our legs touched and I felt my stomach bubble up inside and my knees go weak. It’s been so long since I’ve felt that feeling.

Yes yes I know some of you still get that feeling with your partner, and that you wouldn't give them up to feel that feeling again, but I mean BEING with somebody entirely new, do you miss it?
Nope, sorry to burst your bubble. I`m perfectly happy with the "butterflies" I receive at home!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:

Sometimes.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:01 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Nope, sorry to burst your bubble. I`m perfectly happy with the "butterflies" I receive at home!
No bubble burst, just askin’!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:09 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
No bubble burst, just askin’!

You should really become single!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:26 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,663,483 times
I'm with nobody right now, but no, I don't miss that feeling. It's an opiate, like human interpretations of the concept of religion and substances like meth. An opiate that makes you behave and take actions that affect your tomorrow as if the presence of that substance was permanent in your life, when it is not.

Why do you think most people are unhappy with their relationships? Because everybody is approaching the concept of companionship from the entering premise that life companionship is supposed to feel like a 4-week long dopamine high. It's preposterous, yet people commit livelihoods, children, financial yoking et al to that very preposterous idea. It's insane...actually, it's simply "optimism-biased", if you want to get technical.

No, I don't miss that at all. I find the constant hunt for that high also to be a rather terrible indictment of your constitution as a person. I don't want a person like that operating heavy machinery or practicing governance or other functions where the livelihoods of other people are at stake. It's fickle, unreliable. Alas this is the facebook world we live in of 'relationship status change' > 'underwear changes a week'.... Where a dopamine high ranks higher than treating and giving the random person that crosses your path with the dignity of your free time, as opposed to constantly gaging "what's return for expending my time on you". Not sayin' you're sayin' that, I'm Just sayin'...

Old 11-28-2010, 04:26 PM

543 posts, read 999,692 times
No. Actually, the butterflies is a sight that the things aren't going good.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:28 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times
Quote:

Did you get the digits?

Old 11-28-2010, 04:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
Did you get the digits?
Or his phone number.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:32 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,862,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Or his phone number.

Oh hush you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships