Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 03:54 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,802 times

Advertisements

Talking about attractions towards a celebrity is one thing, a co-worker is quite another. He sounds quite immature.

Apparently my ex-fiance had a thing for a co-worker of his but she was married. Well wouldn't ya know it, she got divorced, set her sights on my guy and that was all it took. He dumped me, married her, and is now living unhappily ever after while she takes him to the cleaners in a divorce.

I'm still single but having the time of my life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 05:55 PM

5 posts, read 3,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Talking about attractions towards a celebrity is one thing, a co-worker is quite another. He sounds quite immature.

Apparently my ex-fiance had a thing for a co-worker of his but she was married. Well wouldn't ya know it, she got divorced, set her sights on my guy and that was all it took. He dumped me, married her, and is now living unhappily ever after while she takes him to the cleaners in a divorce.

lol

Old 11-28-2010, 05:58 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

Both are wrong

Actually, the men who obsess about some celebrities are somewhat making up for what their women don't have. It's a lame habit. I feel sorry for their women

Old 11-28-2010, 06:00 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhuashengkai View Post
so I know my bf of 6 months has always had a thing for a gilr ( who's married, but he thought she's really cute)at work. I dicided not to take it as a big deal as they are barely acquaintant and i thought it's just harmless attraction. and sometimes we joke about his attraction toward that girl.

yesterday i jokingly asked him if he would date that gilr if she's single, he said he will not as long as he has me. so i asked" as long as? then how long you expect it would be" then he said" i don't know, maybe forever, maybe for a few months more"....this is not an answer i expected and i feel hurt to hear that" maybe a few months more" . it sounds like he didn't care enough to maintain this relationship and make it to work.

am i being too sensitive? my apoligies if its trifle.
Nobody else should appear "cute" to an attached man. If so, I question the attachment. There's your answer

Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 PM

5 posts, read 3,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Like there's a real chance in hell he'd actually end up faced with the opportunity to date her. Like I said it's all in the delivery, but I have always had relationships where we're secure enough and comfortable enough to comment on the looks or attitudes of other people as being attractive both men and women.
i think comment on the looks is one thing, talking about the attraction toward them is another.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:07 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhuashengkai View Post
i think comment on the looks is one thing, talking about the attraction toward them is another.
Well, like I said, context is everything and being a secure person is important too. Just the other night I was talking with a guy and the conversation turned to this actor and that actress and who you would consider 'doable' or had the hots for and thought was attractive. We were both able to express our opinion knowing there was little validity to the prospect - but I was able to comment on women I thought were attractive as well as men and vice versa. Just depends on the context and delivery. Lighten up and just say, "Well, you know who I always thought was hot was ...." and see what kind of reaction you get. Don't say it spiteful just express a thought.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:26 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,438,166 times
You jokingly asked your BF, he give you a joke answer...Believe your BF,he love you

Old 11-28-2010, 06:39 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
"I feel disrespected" blah blah blah - you are making a mountain out of an ant hill. Drop it.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
"I feel disrespected" blah blah blah - you are making a mountain out of an ant hill. Drop it.
I agree. Quit creating a problem where there is none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships