Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 04:47 PM

543 posts, read 996,921 times

Advertisements

So, this is the deal:

I got separated a while ago, and I dated a lot of guys afterwards. But that's not the point here; just some background.

Last August, I went with a guy to a concert. In that venue, I met a guy who stole my heart (like literally; my world stopped the precise moment I saw him). Since he happen to know the guy I was with, he introduced him to me, and well, I got his #. In the next following weeks (like nine weeks), we had a brief, but intense romance. We ended in not so good, but no so bad terms, and we remained as friends. I feel very comfortable with him as a friend than when I was dating him. Now, we live in the same house (is a two story five bedroom house: I moved there 'cause I also know the landlord, who also lives there, the rent is cheap, and I got a room with ocean view and a balcony).

Sometimes I feel, however, that I developed really strong feelings for him. Him, on the other side, seems not too excited about me (he seems to have an off and on fling with some baby mama that has an abussive ex boyfriend and she calls my ex once in every bluemoon). However, every time I'm talking to another guy and/or I bring someone else to the house, he tells me afterwards things like "I know you still like me", "you will not find anyone better than me", and it sounds as if he was jealous.

I do love him and all, but at the same time I'm not just going to sit and wait for him to come back to me. I mean, I'm a young attractive girl, why should I just sit and wait, when I can always look for something better, right?

I know is too long, but well, I really don't know what to do with this situation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 07:10 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,200,912 times
He may be jealous that you show attention to other men,..but, why do you care? You sound like you can't make up your mind what you want..do you want a friend or do you want more???You say you are more comfortable as his friend, yet you say you love him,,,I think he's just enjoying the attention you're giving him, but if you want a real man, who will love you back, you better look outside the house.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:38 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,431,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
He may be jealous that you show attention to other men,..but, why do you care? You sound like you can't make up your mind what you want..do you want a friend or do you want more???You say you are more comfortable as his friend, yet you say you love him,,,I think he's just enjoying the attention you're giving him, but if you want a real man, who will love you back, you better look outside the house.
yes, she should make sure( do you want one friend or do you want more??)

Old 11-29-2010, 01:04 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,920,113 times
It didn't work out the first time for a reason. I think your better off as friends, and even better off if one of you moves out.

He just likes attention from you, its a ego booster, he does not love you.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:06 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,403,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
I do love him and all, but at the same time I'm not just going to sit and wait for him to come back to me. I mean, I'm a young attractive girl, why should I just sit and wait, when I can always look for something better, right?

I know is too long, but well, I really don't know what to do with this situation
The bolded part is the answer.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:07 AM

2,437 posts, read 6,992,244 times
Personally, I feel he is trying to boost his own ego. You need to leave him alone and keep it as it is.. friendship only. It probably doesnt help that you live in the same house and this may prolong your agony and getting him to stop with the comments. But in these times and ages I can understand having to share rents with people.

Just have a talk with him and let him know you two are done and that you are moving on.. I mean what can happen?

Old 11-29-2010, 06:38 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,946,623 times
Water seeks its own level. Better yourself and you'll soon lose interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships