Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 04:08 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times

Advertisements

I find it absolutely ridiculous that some people feel the need to make statements like "woman should dress their age."

Could you imagine a thread like this devoted to men? Newsflash: Even in a suit of spun gold, you're no prize, yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, this whole thread is nothing but a steaming heap of misogyny. Women are not here to be your eye candy, and you people who are so quick to foist your sanctimonious, judgmental, objectifying b.s. on women can kiss my arse.

Seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 04:09 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,336,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Women need to dress their age, regardless of how well they've kept up their figures. A woman who has kept her figure diminishes it by dressing like a teenager. IMNSHO.

That's true. No 60 year old woman should be wearing a miniskirt even if she has a good body. I seriously doubt a woman of that age has a face that can pass for someone in their 20's or 30's.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
I find it absolutely ridiculous that some people feel the need to make statements like "woman should dress their age."

Could you imagine a thread like this devoted to men?

As far as I'm concerned, this whole thread is nothing but a steaming heap of misogyny. Women are not here to be your eye candy, and you people who are so quick to foist your sanctimonious, judgmental, objectifying b.s. on women can kiss my arse.

Seriously.

I'm a woman and I agree that women should dress their age. I'm not saying that 60 year old women need to dress like Mrs. Roper. I think it's ridiculous for a woman of that age to dress like a teenager.
I also think it would be ridiculous for a 60 year old man to dress like a teenager.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:15 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,112,822 times
I really don't care what other people wear, or what they do. As long as they're not hurting anyone & are having a good time - good on them.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:18 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieEve View Post
I'm a woman and I agree that women should dress their age. I'm not saying that 60 year old women need to dress like Mrs. Roper. I think it's ridiculous for a woman of that age to dress like a teenager.
I also think it would be ridiculous for a 60 year old man to dress like a teenager.
War, famine, pestilence, and 10% unemployment, and you're worried about how strangers dress.

Must be nice to have nothing more pressing to think about.

Again, people--male or female--are not here to please your tender sense of aesthetics.

Last edited by mrstewart; 11-29-2010 at 04:42 PM..

Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,677 times
->Attractive<- older woman=cougar= MILF.
and ol woman is just an old woman, no thx.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
War, famine, pestilence, and 10% unemployment, and you're worried about how strangers dress.

Must be nice to have nothing more pressing to think about.

Again, people--male or female--are not here to please your tender sense of aesthetics.

Oh come on now I'm not worried about how strangers dress. The question was posed and I answered it
I didn't know that people were only allowed to post about the meaning of life, the recession, world peace and the situation in the middle east on this forum. How rude.....Women should not be dressing like teenagers if they are of a certain age.

Last edited by mrstewart; 11-29-2010 at 04:43 PM..

Old 11-29-2010, 04:41 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,674,189 times
I live in NYC, a places filled with fit, attractive (and some are vain, including me) women in their 40s and 50s. I work in one of the trendiest neighborhoods.. and I can't say I have ever seen one dressed like a teenager. Furthermore my job takes me around the country so I get to see what is going on outside of this urban environment. I'd say I see 1 40+ year old women per year who is dressed like a teen.

Threads like this suggest that there is an epidemic of trashy-dressing women in their 40s and 50s when in fact it isn't true. This is just another excuse to bash and marginalize women, plain and simple. Why are these threads always done by men who visibly hit the wall 15 years ago and have been sliding downward ever since? You guys need to figure out another way to boost your self-esteem.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM

Have you been to a Walmart recently? Trust me there are women out there who dress like teens. The majority don't thank goodness but the ones that do look ridiculous.
If they want to dress like that then they can knock themselves out. I think we can all agree that an 65 year old woman in a micro mini is not appropriate.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:48 PM

19,628 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Maybe it isn't about dressing like a teen but about dressing trashy - at any age. Or wearing too small clothes on a too big body. Most teen girls I personally know do not dress trashy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships