Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 PM

634 posts, read 1,447,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
cushla wrote:

Well, actually, no it wouldn't.
Alas, that is your opinion.

I have to agree with the previous poster that it might be boring for people to be "perfect." But I don't even know what that would look like. My perfect is not another's and the conventional perfect is most certainly not my perfect. Case in point?

I prefer:

Hairy chests, hairy haunches, a belly which invites pinching, a spectacularly protrusive nose, nice shoulders (or as I like to call them, fleshy stirrups), and I also do not care about hairlines. Some culinary skill would be nice seeing as how I am an absolute disaster in the kitchen. Someone who is not afraid to dance without alcoholic provocation.

But that is for my eyes (and palate).

What does my mind want? It wants a rapier, sardonic yet palatable wit, a curious disposition, an appreciation for solitary diversion, and a sense of compassion, among other things.

People should be permitted their preferences. With such permission comes the acceptable fact that we will not all agree on what is or is not to be preferred.

As it all pertains to me, well, I am not perfect. There are probably not very many men who would see me and think, "Now there is the girl I should take home to meet Mother." Be that as it may, I am full of other juicy offerings, physical and not so physical. I am my own gift. Correction! My own big girl gift.

Last edited by Nomadic9460678748; 11-30-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM

328 posts, read 572,808 times
If you are comfortable with your body, worrying about your fat rolls is the last thing on your mind when you are in the throws of passion. Besides, who says the guy isn't overweight himself... is he self-conscious about his body??

Old 11-30-2010, 05:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushla View Post
This is because of all the pressure put on to women to be perfect, i'm sure the man in your life insn't perfect, so just relax. Wouldn't it be boring if everyone was perfect.
He is "my" perfect. His body has not changed at all since I met him 18 years ago. Flat tummy, broad shoulders, nice chest and back (although a bit more hair on the chest which is a good thing), great butt and really fantastic thighs.

Me...hmmm...well the tummy, lets just say I've had 4 large babies and 4 c-sections. Everything else on me is a bit fluffier because of the weight. I'm working on it but it's a slow process and it's frustrating. In the end, I will always have the giant scar, the stretch marks and the hangy skin and the skin will only get worse as I lose weight...sounds attractive doesn't it?

Thank God he needs contacts!

Old 12-03-2010, 08:08 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,629,231 times
Quote:
cushla wrote:

Being perfect yourself, you should know, right?

Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,120,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
... is he self-conscious about his body??
Hell, no!

http://ultimateshadowartists.pbworks...0femme%201.jpg

Old 12-04-2010, 12:13 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,633,364 times
Quote:
cushla wrote:

If we were all perfect and assuming we all had the same definition of perfect, not only would it be boring, but it would also change our idea of what's attractive because we would have no variety. Without differences, you can't really see what's so great about what you have. Imagine if vanilla was the only flavor of ice cream. People would like it, but then when you introduce chocolate, their opinions change. Some like chocolate more, some like vanilla more, some like them both equally, and some dislike both. Same with physical appearance.

But I think it's important to keep in mind that both men AND women can feel self-conscious of how they look. I know women will say there's more pressure on them. But I see more and more pressure being put on men to stay in shape. Everywhere you look, you see magazine covers with guys who have washboard abs, commercials and products for hair restoration, etc. So it's not as if men live in a world where they can just get fat, go bald, and not have to worry that it'll affect their social life or wonder how their partners will view them.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:51 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,374,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
If he wants to be with you, and he does, since you're already in the foreplay stage, why be self-conscious? Let him enjoy you, and let yourself enjoy him.
Yes, I agree with that statement.

I understand how easy it is to get self-consious about your body no matter what weight you are. Women with the most outstanding bodies can be just as insecure as someone with an average or overweight body. Unfortunately, it's one of the biggest obstacles when it comes to sex. When a person cannot lose all inhibitions, the sex simply will not be great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships