Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:19 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,807 times

Advertisements

My last thread touched on the theme of my bf moving back to Mexico to be with his mother. Since then I've gone to visit him 3 times.

Although I go to visit him I don't feel like he gives me sufficient time while I'm there. Keep in mind I'm sending him money, shipping things from the US to Mexico bi-weekly, putting up with his mood swings caused by his mother's unsupportable nature, and showing him I care even though he wasn't doing the same (or at least not in the same capacity) etc... so when I go there I want attention and time. Like I said I was feeling like I wasn't getting enough. So on the day of my departure I wake up to find him gone, he took a niece to work (in order to borrow her car), and had breakfast with her, two hours after waking up and packing and taking measurements for his apartment (because I was to buy hardwood floors for him) he still isn't back. So I called and was like "hello I'm here by myself, alone, solo, and I only have a few hours left in this [god forsaken] town and I want to spend it with you"

Anyways he didn't accept how I felt, he felt I was too demanding of his time! 600+ miles of distance and only short periods of face time and I'm somehow too demanding of his time... when I'm there.... for no more than a few days. So we had a slight argument but he then shut down and started ignoring me which is a hot button for me (uhm how does that expression go?), I got more upset and my voice started to rise. He decided then to walk to where his mother was and I said well if you are going to ignore me just take me to the airport right now, he told me to get out of "his house" and get a cab.
[JUST THE night before he told me I could trust in him and he would never force me out of his house no matter how angry he got, this was while we were having a convo of me moving to mexico to live with him wtf?]

Anyways I called him a lying, inconsiderate a-hole (yes in front of his mother) and he punched or slapped me in the jaw. I was stunned shocked for a few seconds. He then laughs and strutted his stuff like The Macho Mexican (I believe it was mostly a show for his mother) . Of course I finally came around got my luggage and walked out... made a mistake of turning back to call him a lying abusive piece of crap and that he had no right to lay his hands on me. His mother said something about talking to her son like that blah blah (keep in mind this guy has said way more offensive things to me and much louder) but then he hit me twice and again out of shock I fell and for the first time had a true fear of being seriously harmed or killed in a Mexican city that sees such acts everyday, so I yelled for my luggage which had left my hands and took to the dusty streets.

Worst part was the manic laugh and crazed look in his eyes while he was hitting me and watching me walk away. I don't know who that guy is.

Lesson learned chicas. Anywho I have to go back to that dusty, poverty stricken town to get my land rover back that's been in a shop since the first trip to Mexi-hell. And he's blaming me know for his mother being int he hospital, when she is constantly in and out of hospitals... I doubt seeing an argument had much of an impact on her, she's a silver tongued old hag, maybe watching her son beat up on me did move her but ehh point is he blames me so maybe he'll do something to my Rover or to me when I come back to get it. Or send one of his family members to my house (he still has friends/family in the states) to harrass me. Should I get the laws involved or was it just a one time thing of him hitting on me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 02:25 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
In short, you were used.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Wow. That is some action-packed drama right there.

You ended the tale with a question, "Should I get the inlaws involved ... ?" To this, I gotta answer, "What the hell for?" Why on earth would you invite one more second of that insanity back into your life unless you really wanted it? He's there. You're here. Get your stuff and wipe your hands of them.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
In short, you were used.
Used and abused: its a very heartbreaking feeling.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:30 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Forget the stupid car and stay as far away from that person as you possibly can. If you don't they are going to find your skeleton in the desert somewhere.

Being a grown woman, I am shocked that you have to ask strangers how to proceed with this matter.

Forget you ever knew the guy IMMEDIATELY and move on with your life.

For gods sake.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Wow. That is some action-packed drama right there.

You ended the tale with a question, "Should I get the inlaws involved ... ?" To this, I gotta answer, "What the hell for?" Why on earth would you invite one more second of that insanity back into your life unless you really wanted it? He's there. You're here. Get your stuff and wipe your hands of them.
Not the inlaws... the law. Of course I don't want to deal with him or his family, ever again. But I do worry about my security.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Forget the stupid car and stay as far away from that person as you possibly can. If you don't they are going to find your skeleton in the desert somewhere.

Forget you ever knew the guy IMMEDIATELY and move on with your life.

For gods sake.

20yrsinBranson
Very wise and sane. Maybe I can get the mechanic shop to ship the rover to the states or at least the border.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
He attacked you. Call the cops. Tell him that if he comes near you ever again, you'll call the police. Better yet, have him served. Mean it. If he stays away from you, and he probably will because he sounds crazy but not stupid, then that's the end of it.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Nice thing about him living in Mexico is you could exact your revenge on him and nobody would give a ****

Old 11-30-2010, 03:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
My last thread touched on the theme of my bf moving back to Mexico to be with his mother. Since then I've gone to visit him 3 times.

Although I go to visit him I don't feel like he gives me sufficient time while I'm there. Keep in mind I'm sending him money, shipping things from the US to Mexico bi-weekly, putting up with his mood swings caused by his mother's unsupportable nature, and showing him I care even though he wasn't doing the same (or at least not in the same capacity) etc... so when I go there I want attention and time. Like I said I was feeling like I wasn't getting enough. So on the day of my departure I wake up to find him gone, he took a niece to work (in order to borrow her car), and had breakfast with her, two hours after waking up and packing and taking measurements for his apartment (because I was to buy hardwood floors for him) he still isn't back. So I called and was like "hello I'm here by myself, alone, solo, and I only have a few hours left in this [god forsaken] town and I want to spend it with you"

Anyways he didn't accept how I felt, he felt I was too demanding of his time! 600+ miles of distance and only short periods of face time and I'm somehow too demanding of his time... when I'm there.... for no more than a few days. So we had a slight argument but he then shut down and started ignoring me which is a hot button for me (uhm how does that expression go?), I got more upset and my voice started to rise. He decided then to walk to where his mother was and I said well if you are going to ignore me just take me to the airport right now, he told me to get out of "his house" and get a cab.
[JUST THE night before he told me I could trust in him and he would never force me out of his house no matter how angry he got, this was while we were having a convo of me moving to mexico to live with him wtf?]

Anyways I called him a lying, inconsiderate a-hole (yes in front of his mother) and he punched or slapped me in the jaw. I was stunned shocked for a few seconds. He then laughs and strutted his stuff like The Macho Mexican (I believe it was mostly a show for his mother) . Of course I finally came around got my luggage and walked out... made a mistake of turning back to call him a lying abusive piece of crap and that he had no right to lay his hands on me. His mother said something about talking to her son like that blah blah (keep in mind this guy has said way more offensive things to me and much louder) but then he hit me twice and again out of shock I fell and for the first time had a true fear of being seriously harmed or killed in a Mexican city that sees such acts everyday, so I yelled for my luggage which had left my hands and took to the dusty streets.

Worst part was the manic laugh and crazed look in his eyes while he was hitting me and watching me walk away. I don't know who that guy is.

Lesson learned chicas. Anywho I have to go back to that dusty, poverty stricken town to get my land rover back that's been in a shop since the first trip to Mexi-hell. And he's blaming me know for his mother being int he hospital, when she is constantly in and out of hospitals... I doubt seeing an argument had much of an impact on her, she's a silver tongued old hag, maybe watching her son beat up on me did move her but ehh point is he blames me so maybe he'll do something to my Rover or to me when I come back to get it. Or send one of his family members to my house (he still has friends/family in the states) to harrass me. Should I get the laws involved or was it just a one time thing of him hitting on me?
As they always say, you probably need all this for being so mindless, insensible and completely FOOLISH.

I can't imagine how anyone with sensible head over shoulders would have made the choice to go through all this hoopla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships