Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 07:56 AM

76 posts, read 108,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
No, I'm just not a woman-hating whiner who employs double standards, that's all. If a woman gets accidentally pregnant, the responsibility falls on BOTH parties. Just because it's the woman's body doesn't absolve the man of anything. But I guess in your mind, it does.
what choice............... whether or not to be a deadbeat dad? until there is a Rowe for men or some other way to opt out your argument holds no water. women know their cycles, their BC method, and/if the guy is wearing protection. they also have choices like abortion and adoption, the guy is just a pocket for the state to pick if the woman chooses.

de facto: taking it like a man = taking it like a slave

Old 12-13-2010, 08:40 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan 181 View Post
what choice............... whether or not to be a deadbeat dad? until there is a Rowe for men or some other way to opt out your argument holds no water. women know their cycles, their BC method, and/if the guy is wearing protection. they also have choices like abortion and adoption, the guy is just a pocket for the state to pick if the woman chooses.

You want a choice between being ripped apart from the inside out (via birth or abortion)? I don't see how that's possible.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,616,747 times
Quote:

Actually, it's your argument that holds no water. A man always has a choice. He has the choice NOT to sleep with a woman. But if he does, then he ought to know there's the risk she could get pregnant. A real man doesn't sleep with a woman, discover that she got pregnant, and then whine about it. A real man accepts the risks and consequences of his decision. Guys like you want it both ways. You want the option to sleep with a woman, but then not have to be held responsible if you end up getting her pregnant. Grow up.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You want a choice between being ripped apart from the inside out (via birth or abortion)? I don't see how that's possible.
if a woman tells a man she is pregnant with his child he cannot make her abort it or sign off his rights and responsibilities if he doesn't want the child. that would be equality, im the uberfeminist.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,673,413 times
How much does a vasectomy cost?

Old 12-13-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Actually, it's your argument that holds no water. A man always has a choice. He has the choice NOT to sleep with a woman. But if he does, then he ought to know there's the risk she could get pregnant. A real man doesn't sleep with a woman, discover that she got pregnant, and then whine about it. A real man accepts the risks and consequences of his decision. Guys like you want it both ways. You want the option to sleep with a woman, but then not have to be held responsible if you end up getting her pregnant. Grow up.
women can have it both ways, i want the same for men. nobodys ever gonna ask you what a real man would do, take yer medzz.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:58 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,991,888 times
Quote:
You know there are a lot of not real men. Because I know of several men(10) who did not bother wearing a condom with the girl they had sex with. And she was pregnant afterwards. Few decided to stick with the girl. I am sure this is not the first time they have impregnated a women. But still its mostly the women's choice of having a kid. What makes them think the guy will stick around? How can they be so stupid to not see what type of guy he is?

Real men don't bother going after American women. Women were born to not use their brains but we men were. And its best to not do anything with American women. They are beyond stupid.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
It's funny to listen to these guys talk about how terrible all American women are. Generalizations are for the lazy. I know a guy who's Jewish. He complains that all the Jewish girls he meets are shallow gold diggers looking to marry doctors or lawyers. So now he has a "No Jewish Girls" rule. There was a poster on here who dated a single mom and had a bad experience. So now he's sworn off dating any other single mom. Seems pretty stupid to me to rule out an entire class of people all because you've had a bad experience with a small percentage of them. I wonder how these men would feel if a women rejected them by saying "I won't date you because you're an American and all the American guys I've met were jerks." Heaven forbid that you give a person a chance to prove they're different.
In the end it's a good thing that they rule out large segments of women. It saves heartache for all involved. I also think it comes down to class/station, either here or abroad. I noted that I work with women from Asia and I also work with Europeans and it was ignored. These are not the type of women these particular guys would go for despite origin. They're looking for something else.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:06 AM

Quote:
if a woman tells a man she is pregnant with his child he cannot make her abort it or sign off his rights and responsibilities if he doesn't want the child. that would be equality, im the uberfeminist.
The equality would be for you to have the abortion for her. Until you can do that it's a non-issue. Physical trauma, imo, is simply not a choice you can make for another person. You do have some options, tho. For example, a vasectomy or a reversible vasectomy (why you guys don't take that option in droves, I don't know). You can also choose to not have intercourse and just get creative with your partners. You can choose to sleep with older women that are past menopause. See, lots of options for you. It's just a matter of effort and they are all far easier than the physical trauma of birth or abortion.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,652,769 times
This last bit reminds me of a conversation I had on a date a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why he brought it up, but he started to discuss the unfairness of a man having to pay for child support if an unplanned occurs and the woman decides independently to have the baby. I told him that if a man feels that way it is fair enough, but then it's up to him to tighten up his sexual standards. He needs to always wear a condom, and perhaps get to know a woman and her values a lot better before crawling into bed with her. Furthermore, if you are mature enough to have sex with a person, you should be mature enough to discuss how you might react to an unplanned pregnancy prior to sex, if you have such a strong opinion. This guy felt I was being ridiculous, and they we should agree to disagree.

I never went out with him again, because there is no way that I would ever enter into a relationship with a man refuses to take responsibility for the results of his sexual actions. I'm not even looking to have a kid, yet I was repelled by his stance. I'd suppose STDs aren't his fault either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.