Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Tbh I wasn't saying all American women. There are many good women in the states. Most are either taken or I am not attracted to. So dating Eastern European women is better for me. I travel often and most of the destinations are in Eastern Europe. And YES, there is quite a difference between European women and American women. And it all has to do with reaching maturity earlier in life. Women-my age24-here are still kind of immature. And in Europe you can find many 18-20 yr old girls that are more mature than 24yr olds here in the states. It is the way it is.

I feel it could be a generational problem, not so much an American woman problem. I think women in their 20s are the worst to go after most of the time. If you can find a cougar, great. I would just pursue a cougar (if she don't find me first) rather than bank it all on going overseas. Some good are still to be had.. Try black even. Whatever you need to do. Many issues in the black community with women though and sometimes even the good looking ones are manless when it comes to commitments and have an awful time finding good men because of the players. And even then, there are no guarantees, but at least you get a broader approach. Thai women in the USA I'd probably avoid though ntm many asians haven't been naturally attracted to me. Even as a loser at this, I try to not sound as grim as some do.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
Yeah, there are a lot of crappy women out there with ridiculous expectations that will $uck the living life out of you. But, there are also a lot of good ones too. You've just gotta cut through the crap and find them...which, honestly is not an easy thing to do. But, it is not impossible either. The best way to sharpen your skills and repel those potential vampire$ is to date, date, date! And, before you know it you will be able to spot one within a minute of talking to one.

Some easy red flags:
-Facebook narcissists
-Reality tv/ celebrity worshippers
-shopaholics

Yes men are definitely disadvantaged in the dating world, but it doesnt have to be that way. Women are spoiled beyond belief in this country, and men are reduced to acting like pathetic little puppy dogs waiting for them to throw us a doggy treat. Whatever hapened to the strong, silent or mysterious type getting the girl?? Now it's the childish, douchey, and pathetically desperate types that do.

My point is, us guys have nobody to blame but ourselves for the decline of the dating scene over the last 15 years or so.

Last edited by Interpol76; 12-14-2010 at 12:16 AM..

Old 12-14-2010, 03:53 AM

55 posts, read 49,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Yeah, there are a lot of crappy women out there with ridiculous expectations that will $uck the living life out of you. But, there are also a lot of good ones too. You've just gotta cut through the crap and find them...which, honestly is not an easy thing to do. But, it is not impossible either. The best way to sharpen your skills and repel those potential vampire$ is to date, date, date! And, before you know it you will be able to spot one within a minute of talking to one.

Some easy red flags:
-Facebook narcissists
-Reality tv/ celebrity worshippers
-shopaholics

Yes men are definitely disadvantaged in the dating world, but it doesnt have to be that way. Women are spoiled beyond belief in this country, and men are reduced to acting like pathetic little puppy dogs waiting for them to throw us a doggy treat. Whatever hapened to the strong, silent or mysterious type getting the girl?? Now it's the childish, douchey, and pathetically desperate types that do.

My point is, us guys have nobody to blame but ourselves for the decline of the dating scene over the last 15 years or so.
Great point. I know a lot of these types, and its best you stay away from these. There are a lot of great women out there, but like anything else in life, it will require effort finding them and keeping them

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorRain View Post
Try black even. Whatever you need to do. Many issues in the black community with women though and sometimes even the good looking ones are manless when it comes to commitments and have an awful time finding good men because of the players.
What a generalization though! I am Hispanic and Black and am generally not attracted to black women and usually don't pursue to date them. Because I look a mixed black, I get a lot of flack for it from black women whenever discussing dating. This is the one main reason I stopped bi*ching about being short, because how could I complain about women's expecations when I cut out a segment of the dating population itself. It's called preference, and just like how women are attracted to taller men, I am not attracted to Black women like that (cultural thing). (Doesn't mean that I don't find some black women attractive though, just generally not my type).

This doesn't mean though, that all or even a lot of Black Women are desperate to look elsewhere because of 'Players' and 'Gangsters'. All women have to deal with bad guys who want to use them or mistreat them, it's not specific to one race.

Last edited by JasonCrowley; 12-14-2010 at 04:06 AM..

Old 12-14-2010, 05:08 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
G
What a generalization though! I am Hispanic and Black and am generally not attracted to black women and usually don't pursue to date them. Because I look a mixed black, I get a lot of flack for it from black women whenever discussing dating. This is the one main reason I stopped bi*ching about being short, because how could I complain about women's expecations when I cut out a segment of the dating population itself. It's called preference, and just like how women are attracted to taller men, I am not attracted to Black women like that (cultural thing). (Doesn't mean that I don't find some black women attractive though, just generally not my type).
Haven't you been b*tching, tho? This thread, imo, clearly shows why some men have problems dating and frankly, it has little to with height, looks, money, etc. There are just some screwed up people out there.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:18 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
I feel it could be a generational problem, not so much an American woman problem. I think women in their 20s are the worst to go after most of the time. If you can find a cougar, great. I would just pursue a cougar (if she don't find me first) rather than bank it all on going overseas. Some good are still to be had..
You have brought up a very valid and pertinent point.

There is a good article in Newsweek that addresses the fact that young women believe they don't need to be feminists anymore. Most of the feminists I know are around my age, older or mid-late 30s.

Why Young Women Need Feminism - Newsweek

"I think the biggest issue young women face today is that there's no real movement behind them," says Susan Brownmiller, the feminist scholar. Case in point: a 2001 Gallup poll found that only one in four women consider themselves feminists. I'd bet most of those feminists are my mother's age."

Feminists have long labored over how to change feminism's image, and the notion is perplexing. But perhaps the more important question should be not how we repair the word, but how we show young women that the meaning behind it—the simple belief in gender equality—is still relevant, even in 2010. "I don't think that not wanting to identify yourself as a feminist is particular to this generation," says Collins. "But the assumption that everything is fine is very strong with this [group]."

Young women have rejected feminism while still reaping the benefits of the movement so they think they can act in a manner that men find slightly repulsed by.

This would correlate with the fact that the majority of men complaining about women on this forum are under the age of 35.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
I wish we didnt have the choice to be dependant or independant or I wish I had a choice growing up about some things that would have prevented me to be where I am right now. It was not like this in the old days ntm parents who have went easy on their kids do not solve the problem any either. I know why its taking me longer. I still want a similar minded person. I have nothing in common or little in common with a careerwoman like 30 yrs old or so.
Ah yes, the old days. A common refrain of people who just don't like progress. In the "old days", women and blacks couldn't vote. Now men have to work a little harder to impress women, which is why they long for a simpler time.

Quote:
I feel it could be a generational problem, not so much an American woman problem. I think women in their 20s are the worst to go after most of the time.
This is probably the first thing you've said that I actually agree with. Women in their 20s are more likely to be immature, flaky, and selfish. That's not to say they're all like that or that all women over 30 are different. But as people get older, they gain a better idea of what it is they're looking for and maybe after a few bad relationships and/or marriages, their priorities change. In their 20s, they may have wanted the hot bad boy who treated them like dirt. But in their 30s, they might be more focused on finding someone who's reliable and trustworthy and someone who'd make a good long-term partner. What's also true is that they may be more established. They're settled in their careers, their student loans are paid off, they own their own home, etc. So they can afford to be picky and not settle for some guy just because he can provide a nice home for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
A point which seems to escape a lot of guys on this forum. They'd rather blame feminists, the media, etc. instead of owning up to their own mistakes. If you're unhappy with the kinds of things women get away with, then look in the mirror. Men put up with a lot of things they shouldn't. That sends the message to women that it's acceptable behavior. Take the "play hard to get" nonsense. It's a silly game that shows disrespect, but a lot of women still employ it. And unfortunately, a lot of men go along with it.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:05 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Djuna,

I think the young women of today take for granted what their elders fought for. So it's easy for them to say there's no longer any need for a feminist movement. But that's like saying that blacks no longer have to fight for equal rights now that Obama is President. For all the progress we've made both in women's rights and minority rights, there's still a long way to go. What's also true is that a lot of young women are simply afraid to call themselves feminists because of the negative stigma attached to the label. I think it's kind of sad though when you can't describe yourself in terms that might be accurate all because you're afraid of what others will think of you.

Old 12-14-2010, 08:53 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
I think this speaks for every single guy ever born in the history of anything ever:

http://i56.tinypic.com/262l1lh.jpg

Last edited by Keeper; 12-14-2010 at 05:40 PM..

Old 12-14-2010, 09:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Hurricane, if you agree that guys fall all over themselves for mousy, boring, friendless wallflowers who expect men to pay for everything and have no plans to educate themselves ... then yeah, you are f*****.

Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Bitter men with a defeatist attitude will seldom get a pleasant, personable girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships