Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:53 PM

525 posts, read 1,555,214 times

Advertisements

This guy lives minutes from me. He'll call me asking where I'm at, usually at home when I hear from him. We were friends now I've been trying to break it off by ignoring him and Im not one that likes to ignore calls.

One day I happened to be home because I took the day off from work. He calls me out of the blue asking where I'm at

He pretty much knows my work schedule cause I told him and he avoids contactng me when Im at work

I have no proff that he's stalking and he only calls now usually when he wants something. Im not scared of him. Maybe hes just being annoying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 12:11 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,376 times
Stalking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does that help?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:16 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,316 times
"Stalking" is one of THE most over-used and misunderstood words. Real stalking is TERRIFYING. (speaking from experience)

No, he is not stalking you. He's just getting on your nerves.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:36 AM

153 posts, read 273,460 times
He misses you.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
If you don't want him to call - TELL HIM! This is the third thread of yours I've heard about this guy and you "we're friends, but he's the first guy I've ever been with"

You MUST first make it VERY clear you do not want to see or hear from a person before you can even consider it stalking.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:19 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
If you were friends I can understand it. If he was just a neighbour that'd be creepy.

Oh I just read Thursday007's post...yeah that explains alot too.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:43 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
"Stalking" is one of THE most over-used and misunderstood words. Real stalking is TERRIFYING. (speaking from experience)

No, he is not stalking you. He's just getting on your nerves.
That's true but a lot of times there are warning signs that someone could turn into a stalker and while it may not be terrifying at that point, it's important not to ignore red flags. If one can recognize them and take precautionary steps ahead of time, they might be able to avoid it reaching a terrifying point. Persistent calling, asking where you are, what you're doing and not getting the obvious hints you're putting across that you don't want to hear from him any more could be an early warning sign. As Thursday says, the OP needs to firmly but gently tell him to stop calling. If it continues after that, I would start by telling my friends and family what is going on and change my phone numbers (since he only seems to be contacting her by phone at the moment). If things escalate instead of ceasing, contact the police and since he lives so close, consider moving. Maybe he's just an annoying guy and she hasn't been clear enough with him - but it can't hurt to be prepared for worse.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
why did you tell him your work schedule??You are making yourself too accessable to him. get call display, and if he calls don't answer, hopefully he'll get the message, and if he starts calling you at work, you have reason to be concerned.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:48 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Katie, I have a challenge for you:

For every 2 negative questions you have asked, you now have to start half as many threads with a positive theme. Just so YOU and others understand, this is a self-help technique. It's designed to turn your thinking around. Right now you are focused on negatives - everything. I want to get your mind thinking of positives - in any way. So whether it's a question about how to effect a change to a positive in any area of your life or it's a question whether someone's behavior is a positive thing; that's what I want you to focus on. Once you have reached the half-mark - that is, tally up all your thread starts to date (they have ALL been negative), you have to begin that half that many with this new positive focus. When you are there, I want you to take a day and think. Think about how the positive questions have perhaps caused you to feel just a little lighter, a little teeniest tiniest bit happier or contented. Or if it hasn't changed you in anyway, let's talk about that. That can be your OK, I'm finished with the 1/2 challenge and this is where I'm at now.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:09 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
why did you tell him your work schedule??
It sounds like they were initially friends so she probably told him before she realized she didn't actually want a friendship with him after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships