Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,183,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Youre pretending that you dont think adultery is wrong, right ? Youve been watching Desperate Housewifes on TV and you now believe in this 'new morality' ? You dont believe our nations STD Epidemic is serious enough so you want to give it a boost (?) Sexually Transmitted Diseases in America:* How Many and at What Cost? - Kaiser Family Foundation
1. there is no such thing as 'wrong', no such thing as 'right'.\
2. I don't own a TV (voluntarily) and therefore don't watch anything on TV.
3. Affairs are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.
Kaiser Family Foundation - America's prudes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 08:14 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
How about some courageous ladies piping up?
By courageous, do you mean lying , cheating, decieving unfaithful????

Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM

5 posts, read 16,186 times
I am old fashioned I guess. Once married -- its 1:1 and no one else. This is what I hope for. I can only remain responsible for myself. Woman if we are honest we have no control over what our spouses do when they are not with us. Its a very sad world we live in today. Honesty for some is not a word that is a part of many relationships.
Marriage is not easy --- but I do not know the answer.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
By courageous, do you mean lying , cheating, decieving unfaithful????
Monogamy is a human invention fueled by religious moral values. However, many people have affairs outside marriage. It's been going on for centuries.
For those who desire to remain with one partner is fine. But many desire more than one partner. Those who do are not necessarily less worthy as humans.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:28 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,771,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Consentual...as many as the idiots want!

Behind your spouces back? ZERO.

I also chuckle at somebodies rational about being equal and fair while discussing..CHEATING...BWAHAHAHAHA

This is what's wrong with people these days, feeling they are actually pretty fair and honest, except they rationalize doing some bad things because..they feel ..like it.
Its our national plague and its called 'entitle-itis' ; its fueled by a willful suppression of ones moral conscience because rebellion is often fun and you only go round once in life . (Oh almost forgot ....and 'there is no God') .

Old 12-03-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Its our national plague and its called 'entitle-itis' ; its fueled by a willful suppression of ones moral conscience because rebellion is often fun and you only go round once in life . (Oh almost forgot ....and 'there is no God') .
Maybe you can help establish America's Moral Police.
As for anything relating to human sexual behavior, the religious have done the most damage...all with an absence of conscience. The national plague is too much religious influence, because nothing in religion can be explained or defended by using reason and logic. So let's not get onto the theme of a conscience when discussing the possibility of multiple sex partners for married men.
But, you are right on one account, there is no god.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:22 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,544 times
Quote:
Recently, I started a thread about married men and now apologize to the ladies for not giving them the opportunity to express their views. So this is the equal rights thread.

I assume that a married woman can (and should) have several intimate boyfriends. Side affairs put some pizzazz in life. Sometimes this is necessary. Do you ladies agree?

Nope call me old fashioned..but marriage should be sacred...there is difference between having male friends and intimate boyfriends
The marriage bed should not be defiled and should be honorable

Old 12-03-2010, 04:27 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Monogamy is a human invention fueled by religious moral values. However, many people have affairs outside marriage. It's been going on for centuries.
For those who desire to remain with one partner is fine. But many desire more than one partner. Those who do are not necessarily less worthy as humans.
It's certainly okay to desire more than one partner. But if you are such a person, then don't get married. To marry and then cheat, because you "desire more than one partner" absolutely does make them less worthy. It makes them a skank.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It's certainly okay to desire more than one partner. But if you are such a person, then don't get married. To marry and then cheat, because you "desire more than one partner" absolutely does make them less worthy. It makes them a skank.
You have passed your judgement. Thank you.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:44 PM

419 posts, read 868,512 times
Quote:
I assume that a married woman can (and should) have several intimate boyfriends. Side affairs put some pizzazz in life. Sometimes this is necessary. Do you ladies agree?
Huh? Seriously? If a woman wants to play the field, then she shouldn't get married to a man who expects fidelity. I've never cheated on my hubby (nor would I ever), but from what I've seen with friends and acquaintances who cheat, all it does is cause unnecessary drama (getting caught, getting pregnant, STDs). Having a sexually open marriage is one thing, but sneaking around on a spouse is just irresponsible.

If I want to put some pizazz in my life, I'll find ways to do that WITH my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships