Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 03:22 PM

2,066 posts, read 4,328,497 times

Advertisements

So with dating I've gone from high to low and back and forth. Rocket Scientist at Nasa to Illegal Contract worker, and lots of other professions.

So the things is maybe there is truth to liking the bad boy, or someone that needs work. The doctor, the scientist, the lawyer...etc all attractive, well off, in my socioeconomic class, professing love for me, but I just didn't feel the spark. Here comes receptionist "Stan" and "Sanchez" the contractor in need of contracts, with high school at best educations, hot but with serious character flaws and I somehow fall head over heals.

Maybe I need a psych evaluation.

But is it the need to take care? To see something or hope for something special in the rubble of bad things? Do I just like being the wealthier party? IONO.

Anyone else find themselves with the bad girl/boy or someone below your station... like too often? Have you've ever had to utter the words "he's a good man when he's not [..a complete a-hole or you fill in the blank..] "?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 03:34 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,626,899 times
I know TOO many women who've gone through what you gone through. My sister, mother and other female cousins and friends. Their explanation for it was that they wanted to "change" and mold the "bad boy" into a "good boy" and their ideal person. They like the fight and the challenge the bad boy puts up. They like chasing after the guy who doesn't go hand-and-foot for them. It's just what I was told.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:41 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,597,697 times
First of all, I don't categorize people in brackets based on their profession or their income. For myself it's completely based on personal traits that might be compatible. If I met a nice woman her occupation wouldn't have any particular significance. To be honest, after reading the OP I didn't like the idea that you considered yourself to be in a higher social strata based on your education or employment history and you seem to be asking if someone in your higher class of person should be be associating with someone who is less important. I'm sorry but I was really turned off by it.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:19 AM

13,513 posts, read 19,235,612 times
so if you only have high school at best, you've got serious flaws???if you're not a doctor, or a scientist, or a lawyer you,ve got serious flaws??If this is what you call "the rubble of bad things" it would seem to me that you,ve put yourself up on some kind of pedastal..Come on down, and meet the real world..You don't have to be wealthy to know a real and genuine love

Old 12-04-2010, 04:29 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,923,499 times
are u some kinda drama seeker?

Old 12-04-2010, 05:08 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,091,012 times
Don't worry, you're hardly alone iin the fact that you dig Bad Boys. Almost ALL women do, although some are simply reluctant to admit it because they feel that such an admission might hint at a character flaw of their own. Or, if they're already married to a well-adjust, successful, loving type of man, who, alas, is about as exciting as vanilla pudding, these women might feel that capitulating to their secret desire for a hot Bad Boy is tantamount to cheating.
Go with your heart; be Happy. Don't let societal pressures tell you what to do or who to love. Don't end up as one of those women who married for finanancial security, but then hasn't had an orgasm sunce Moby Dick was a minnow.
Besides, digging bad boys is in your DNA! It harkens back to our primeval, hunter-gatherer days when the bad boy was the leader of the pack and the provider, and the tribal women swooned over him as they sat around the campfire cooking the meat he caught and killed.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:14 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,372,835 times
Dating standards can be anything you want. If you only want people of a specific social station, so be it. We all have our own standards in life.

As for bad boys, well again, why not? Bad boys innately attract women, it's how we are built as a species.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:33 PM

469 posts, read 1,254,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Maybe I need a psych evaluation.
Good call.

Since you asked: You sound like an extremely insecure man, and therefore hopelessly needy and controlling. A perpetual 'victim.' You must be hoping to find a partner who you perceive as beneath you, i.e., one that would become dependent on you financially or otherwise, so that he won't leave you. Lots of apparent gamesmanship and struggle going on in that head of yours. Resolve your inner issues ASAP – and then you won't need to look for another man who is needier than yourself.

Old 12-30-2010, 03:27 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,043,342 times
Maybe someone who is more loose or more "fun" is a natural fit for you. If you're a serious, careful type maybe this type compliments you better.

Decide what's important to you. Not everyone need a partner who brings home the bucks, is always where they're supposed to be, goes to bed early and wakes up early. Some people need someone who lives by the seat of their pants, always has an unexpected idea for fun, doesn't hesitate to say something or rock the boat, etc. I think you can find people like that with good characters. Don't expect them to look good on paper necessarily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships