Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 09:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
Another saturday night and I ain't got nobody, I've got some money 'cause I just got paid. Now how I wish I had someone to talk to i'm in an awful way.

I got in town a month ago I've seen a lot of girls since then, If I could meet 'em I could get 'em. But as yet I haven't met 'em that's how I'm in the state i'm in.

Another fella told me. He had a sister who looked just fine, instead of bein' my deliverance she had a strange resemblance to a cat named Frankenstein.

Its hard on a fella, when he don't know his way around, if I don't find me a honey to help me spend my money, I'm gonna have to blow this town.

Jonathan

order someone and have a nice time-lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 PM

525 posts, read 1,556,065 times
Quote:
Thanks for the compliment (I think)

Jonathan
yeah its a compliment

Old 12-04-2010, 09:53 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,734,289 times
Quote:
Another saturday night and I ain't got nobody, I've got some money 'cause I just got paid. Now how I wish I had someone to talk to i'm in an awful way.

I got in town a month ago I've seen a lot of girls since then, If I could meet 'em I could get 'em. But as yet I haven't met 'em that's how I'm in the state i'm in.

Another fella told me. He had a sister who looked just fine, instead of bein' my deliverance she had a strange resemblance to a cat named Frankenstein.

Its hard on a fella, when he don't know his way around, if I don't find me a honey to help me spend my money, I'm gonna have to blow this town.

Jonathan
Do you work for Apple???

Old 12-04-2010, 11:00 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,642,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Do you work for Apple???
I will paraphrase Captain Kirk "I'm not from outer space, I only work there"

I have been involved with Apple and Macintosh since '1979, But do not work for Apple, Inc.

Jonathan

Old 12-05-2010, 07:38 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,642,213 times
Red face OK, NOW I'ts Sunday Morning

Greetings all,
The reaction to this post surprised me, I got some very nice DMs from Ladies, complimenting me, and also asking to be my friend! I didn't intend this to be a a public personals ad, but I was feeling alone and whimsical and the song popped into my head, So I posted it.. SONG YOU SAY?

YES! its a song by Sam Cooke and only Coolhand68 recognized it and got a Rep point from me!

Thank you all for responding, and we are a family!

Jonathan

Old 12-05-2010, 08:30 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,775,876 times
Quote:

Jonathan
Dont listen to Cat Stevens advice . Instead, take the focus off yourself and lend a hand somewhere like a friend in need, a soup kitchen in your locale, spread some cheer at a local nursing home , hang out with the guys, go to the quarter mile drag strip, take a walk in the park then go for an ice cream, and realize that in your singleness youre going to have times when you dont have a partner of the opposite sex but that doesnt mean it has to devalue your worth , for, that isnt true at all.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:55 AM

820 posts, read 2,869,517 times
Quote:
Greetings all,
The reaction to this post surprised me, I got some very nice DMs from Ladies, complimenting me, and also asking to be my friend! I didn't intend this to be a a public personals ad, but I was feeling alone and whimsical and the song popped into my head, So I posted it.. SONG YOU SAY?

YES! its a song by Sam Cooke and only Coolhand68 recognized it and got a Rep point from me!

Jonathan
Oh, I think most of us recognized the song! It's a classic oldie. As I said, witty and humorous use of music.... gals of all ages like that... as witnessed by your results! Something like that is probably more effective than "I'm Jonathan, 6 ft tall, and I like picnics". Probably a lesson in there for someone.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:14 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,807,558 times
Well now it's Sunday morning so Mr. handsome MacGeek is probably sleepin it off somewhere, but I just have to throw my philosophical 2 cents in. When I was married for all those years, and I was mainly happy then, there were times when I chafed at the restrictions. There were times when I would have loved to just be able to throw my stuff in the car and go on a road trip somewhere, or to flirt with that handsome guy in the next car and then flip my hair at him, or even to come home and do the vacuuming at 7:00 pm rather than waiting until a time when everyone isn't trying to relax. Now that I'm single I can do those things and while singlehood can wear thin too, remember those feelings so you will appreciate your next relationship that much more.

Singlehood is a lot of fun if you make it so, even if some of my dates have been real looloos! But then I have something to laugh about with my married women friends. When I told my friend about a recent date, she laughed so hard she cried and when she did, I realized that I shouldn't be taking this stuff so seriously.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:16 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,307,390 times
Quote:
Greetings all,

Jonathan
I admit that I was thinking of the Cat Steven's cover and not Sam Cooke.

No partial credit for replying with a song?

Last edited by robee70; 12-05-2010 at 09:45 AM..

Old 12-05-2010, 09:27 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,377,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Watch some Clint Eastwood films
I always play this for my mule when he gets depressed. Its hard to cheer him up though cause he don't like laughing. He just doesn't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLXQl...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships