Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 07:22 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times

Advertisements

Been out with this guy 2x and I really like him. Seeing him again tomorrow. This is the first time in a year that I have really, really, liked someone where I actually would be hurt if after a few times, we stop seeing each other. I just feel a lot of physical chemistry, emotional chemistry, and that we just overall have chemistry!

Anyway we had our second date on Tuesday. Had dinner, went to Dave and Buster's, drove to the beach, and walked on the beach. We shared our first kiss which was also 2 make out sessions. I couldn't stop.

Every time I have dated someone, I can't just have short kisses or whatnot unless the guys pull over (none have). I turn them all into makeout sessions. I just think in the moment and it enjoy it too much too stop. This is why I don't invite guys over. I know I will end up sleeping with them because I cannot control myself!!

After our second date, I noticed he stopped calling me and texting. When I asked him if we were on for a date we had talked about the very next day, he said he had to do things with his family (which I believe because he still lives with his mother and is insanely close with his siblings and nieces and nephews). We ended up discussing making plans on Sunday the next day I would be free.

I called him today and we spoke for maybe 5 minutes. Tomorrow he is going out with his family again, but he said he probably would be done with whatever they are doing by 6 or 7. I then felt bad (maybe he was trying to get me to feel bad) that it seemed I would be trying to get him away from seeing family. I just told him if he could let me know by 3 if he is up for the date or not to just let me know so I could make other plans for the evening, so that is where we left it.

I have this crazy feeling that because we made out that he now lost interest in me. It's just before we kissed, he was regularly calling and contacting me, and now it seems like I have to be the one doing it.

I know this is the kind of thing NOT to bring up right away because it freaks guys out.

Does making out with a guy early on in the dating "process", typically make it seem that I am not looking for something serious?

I already realized that if by Tuesday (he gets Tuesdays off) we don't see each other, to move on and drop him. It's just hard because I finally have those butterflies in my stomach feelings again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 07:28 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Although I usually like to give a guy the benefit of a doubt that perhaps he is just being truthful, I have a feeling that your instinct may be right.

However, maybe it wasn't because it was too early. I think it's possible that he just didn't enjoy it as much as you did and decided that there is no chemistry. I don't want to upset you, this is really just a theory from a stranger, it's just it would be strange that he would pull back now, while you are just starting to get hot and heavy and at least not try to sleep with you.

Perhaps you are just overanalyzing and you will see him tomorrow and everything is going to be fantastic.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Although I usually like to give a guy the benefit of a doubt that perhaps he is just being truthful, I have a feeling that your instinct may be right.

However, maybe it wasn't because it was too early. I think it's possible that he just didn't enjoy it as much as you did and decided that there is no chemistry. I don't want to upset you, this is really just a theory from a stranger, it's just it would be strange that he would pull back now, while you are just starting to get hot and heavy and at least not try to sleep with you.

Perhaps you are just overanalyzing and you will see him tomorrow and everything is going to be fantastic.

I will admit, I over analyze EVERYTHING. I am now thinking that maybe he just didn't like making out with me. If I don't hear from him (the ball is in his court), I will just assume that it is and leave the guy alone.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
i doubt its the making out

he could have just not have had as great of a time on the date overall as you did

or stuff could be going on in his life for reals

Old 12-04-2010, 07:42 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I will admit, I over analyze EVERYTHING. I am now thinking that maybe he just didn't like making out with me. If I don't hear from him (the ball is in his court), I will just assume that it is and leave the guy alone.
One thing I don't like is not knowing. I know for sure, that I would confront him and find out what's going on. There is no guarantee he will tell you the truth, but the words he may use can give it away.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
If "family things" keep popping up he's lost interest and probably does not have the heart to tell you. That can be an awkward situation for a guy.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:54 PM

In fairness to him, I did hear his 2 month old niece or nephew crying in the background. He comes from a tight knit Mexican family.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:57 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
I've found a great make-out session leaves the guy wanting more. If he suddenly became inaccessible afterwards, I'd worry. JMO.

But, he could be telling you the truth; you won't know until you talk to him.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:20 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
Just a thought...

If he is telling the truth about all this family stuff, and you used the term "tight knit" when describing his family life... you better think long and hard about a future w/a guy who has so much family influence. If you end up married or in a long term relationship, his family is going to be running, or trying to run YOUR life too.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:34 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,987,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
In fairness to him, I did hear his 2 month old niece or nephew crying in the background. He comes from a tight knit Mexican family.
Give it some time. I meant to imply that if this becomes common place then his interest could be lost. A time or two isn't much to worry about. I doubt the making out is a problem. I don't know any guy, myself included, that would have a problem with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships