Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:14 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times

Advertisements

Is there anything that your SO does all the time, that you can almost predict will happen??

For example, when we are eating out and there is a female waitress serving us, he (without fail) will do 3 following things:

*Tell her I'm only allowed to order from Kid's menu (hinting on my height)
*When there are few crumbs left on the plate, he will ask her if we can have it "to go".
*Hand her a library card instread off credit card to see confusion on her face.
This happens without fail.

When we are at the party and I had 2 drinks, he gives me a dirty look not to have anymore (without fail).

When we have new friends over, he will pull out his skydiving videos (without fail).

Anything for you guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 08:24 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
For example, when we are eating out and there is a female waitress serving us, he (without fail) will do 3 following things:

*Tell her I'm only allowed to order from Kid's menu (hinting on my height)
*When there are few crumbs left on the plate, he will ask her if we can have it "to go".
*Hand her a library card instread off credit card to see confusion on her face.
This happens without fail.
Well, these things are funny when presented to a new person, but I can see how they can annoy somebody hearing them for the umpteenth time...

Heck, I can even predict what my coworkers will do and vice versa, of course.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:34 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
When my husband talks on the phone with his friends he will say the word "man" a MINIMUM of 20 times.

Edit to add: He always sits facing the door/entrance when we go out to eat.

Last edited by seeniorita; 12-07-2010 at 08:50 AM..

Old 12-07-2010, 08:43 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Well, anyone that's been with me for a while would tell you I ALWAYS "scope out" a new place and the people in it. I've been told I get that "searching look" in my eyes and get all serious-looking. If it's a really crowded place, I can be depended upon to act all squirmy - don't like crowds.

I also have a bad habit of adding "That's what she said last night" to almost everyone's sentences.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:44 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Yes, we can anticipate one another's dumb, nonsensical jokes. If I say something like, "This weekend, please put up the storm door," he will answer, "You're a storm door." If I say a sentence with a certain cadence, he will answer, "You're a __________." I know, it makes no sense. Sometimes he switches it up and says a "your mom" joke. For example, "I have to go to the grocery store" is answered by, "Your mom goes to the grocery store." (This is from Napoleon Dynamite: "Your mom goes to college.")

If I say, "I am going to call my mom," he answers, "What are you going to call her?"

I have my dumb inside jokes too. If he says, "What the heck [or another word] is this?" I answer, "It's the Internet." (From Jay and Silent Bob Strike back: "What the f*** is the Internet?")

Can't think of any others right now but we have tons.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I also have a bad habit of adding "That's what she said last night" to almost everyone's sentences.
True! We all have such habits, though.

Old 12-07-2010, 08:58 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
The SO will always let out a gigantic SIGH when I just barely tap the brakes on the car when I am driving.

(Tap)

"EHHHHHH!!!! OMG!!!!!"

Everytime. I have been tempted to slam on the breaks when she is sleeping on a road trip just to see what happens but I am in fear of my life.

As for other things she will always and I mean ALWAYS come out of the restroom with wet hands and will grab a couple of napkins. She will not use the blow dryer. Don't know why. I can bet money on that one too.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
She will not use the blow dryer. Don't know why. I can bet money on that one too.
I don't like using blow dryers, either. Feels like waste of time to me - like watching grass grow. The other reason may be I feel forced to "save the environment"!

Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Well, anyone that's been with me for a while would tell you I ALWAYS "scope out" a new place and the people in it. I've been told I get that "searching look" in my eyes and get all serious-looking. If it's a really crowded place, I can be depended upon to act all squirmy - don't like crowds.

Was at a job and asked, "Where's the boss?"

One of the guys working there said, "I don't know. He comes and goes as he pleases."

The other guy working there said, "That's what she said."

Old 12-07-2010, 09:09 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
When my SO tells me he missed me, he'll add "with every shot so far" so now I say it in unison with him - I've got his cadence down pat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships