Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,684 times

Advertisements

How does a guy determine whether a lady will be someone they would consider having a long term relationship with versus someone to sleep with casually?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2010, 12:33 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,090,012 times
The best ones dont give away the milk for free. You got to buy the cow

Old 12-19-2010, 12:59 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,463,495 times
Ok, I get it, this is a test for all males to see who still qualifies for Holiday Gifts this year....

Ok, ahem...{clear throat, cough}
- It all depends on the personality of the guy...
- Dating the wrong guy, could force the lady into becoming involved in a FWB relationship...
- There are guys who get their pleasure by
Playing Head Games
(
although I think the phrase should be Playing Heart Games)... Ladies should be cautious who they date....
Did I recite the manta correctly? Do I still get a present this year? Did I forget anything?.....

All sarcasm aside--- There really is no 'one-size-fits-all' cookie cutter mold response for your question. The largest common denominator just might be the specific guy in question.

Last edited by philwithbeard; 12-19-2010 at 01:10 PM..

Old 12-19-2010, 01:02 PM

128 posts, read 252,006 times
The fact that you're even asking such a stupid question shows YOU'RE not marriage material.

So says one who doesn't 'give it away for free.'

Old 12-19-2010, 01:02 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,287,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativechief View Post
the best ones dont give away the milk for free. You got to buy the cow

tinstaafl

Old 12-19-2010, 01:06 PM

15,972 posts, read 9,329,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSW View Post
How does a guy determine whether a lady will be someone they would consider having a long term relationship with versus someone to sleep with casually?
If she sleeps with you casually, chances are she sleeps with other people casually. Don't forget that.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:00 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,493,081 times
I think too many people make sex something special, they put it on a pedestal to be worshipped. Statements about free milk. Well people, women love it as much as men. If a woman chooses to not engage in sex there are many men who will court them, virgins.
I heard a expression I love : your body is not a temple it is a amusement park, go enjoy it.

Dr Ruth said it best years ago, she said women and men need to have sex and a lot, with many partners. The idea here is exactly comparison. A person should find the partner who rocks your socks off. Great sex will not make a perfect marriage but it is a building block.

Life is too short for acceptable sex.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:47 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,815,937 times
Tomato-tomahto,

It depends upon the the individuals in question, whether they are inclined, ready and have basis for long term intimacy together.

Timing and properly meshing is involved. IOW there is no one size fits all answer.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,689,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The best ones dont give away the milk for free. You got to buy the cow
Sex isn't something you give away, it's something enjoyed between 2 people. Buying the cow is just such a derogatory remark to make.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:33 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,282,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I think too many people make sex something special, they put it on a pedestal to be worshipped. Statements about free milk. Well people, women love it as much as men. If a woman chooses to not engage in sex there are many men who will court them, virgins.
I heard a expression I love : your body is not a temple it is a amusement park, go enjoy it.

Dr Ruth said it best years ago, she said women and men need to have sex and a lot, with many partners. The idea here is exactly comparison. A person should find the partner who rocks your socks off. Great sex will not make a perfect marriage but it is a building block.

Life is too short for acceptable sex.
I heard that! Like it's some act of God you can bonk! Same as "it's the miracle of life"! Anyone reasonably healthy with part (A) and another part (B) can do it and are qualified. If it was that special people wouldn't jokingly say.......... "oh man, this is better than sex"! lol lol Yeah, a '68 Dodge Charger with a 426 Hemi is pretty damn cool!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships