Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:22 AM

138 posts, read 373,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
If you're not into dating right now you're not into it. I think when you try to overanalyze things it just makes it all that more confusing. How about you do something nice for yourself, cheer yourself up and try to get out of the funk you're in and then try another date.

Good luck!
i will, but the thing is i've been in love with the same person for well over a year now, but telling him i like/have developed feelings of love for him might scare him because i haven't seen him in a few months, but when we do see eachother things are amazing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,648,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neongumbo View Post
i will, but the thing is i've been in love with the same person for well over a year now, but telling him i like/have developed feelings of love for him might scare him because i haven't seen him in a few months, but when we do see eachother things are amazing.
Ahh.. let me give you a few words of advice from someone who's been there before in your same position. I once loved someone that much, was head over heels. We were amazing together but alas, he had another life and no matter what I did, that didn't change much. (long story there) but the point being, we had our own on / off again relationship for years many moons ago.
When I finally couldn't keep my feelings bottled up anymore, I did tell him of my feelings, told him how much I had grown to love him and that I had fallen in love with him and didn't ever want to be with another person as long as I lived.

You know? It never did work out. No matter my feelings, it just was not meant to be. But you know something? I don't regret telling him that I had loved him, or telling him all of the things I did because I felt better.

I would say if you're in love, you need to tell that person and if he reciprocates that love back to you then hold onto him forever and love him like no other.

If it doesn't work out, know that you experienced love, know that you had it once and know that it will happen again in your life. But don't date or try to put yourself out there when you can't and are not ready to give yourself to anyone else. it's not fair to them and it's not fair to you.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Ahh.. let me give you a few words of advice from someone who's been there before in your same position. I once loved someone that much, was head over heels. We were amazing together but alas, he had another life and no matter what I did, that didn't change much. (long story there) but the point being, we had our own on / off again relationship for years many moons ago.
When I finally couldn't keep my feelings bottled up anymore, I did tell him of my feelings, told him how much I had grown to love him and that I had fallen in love with him and didn't ever want to be with another person as long as I lived.

You know? It never did work out. No matter my feelings, it just was not meant to be. But you know something? I don't regret telling him that I had loved him, or telling him all of the things I did because I felt better.

I would say if you're in love, you need to tell that person and if he reciprocates that love back to you then hold onto him forever and love him like no other.

If it doesn't work out, know that you experienced love, know that you had it once and know that it will happen again in your life. But don't date or try to put yourself out there when you can't and are not ready to give yourself to anyone else. it's not fair to them and it's not fair to you.
i'm going to tell him! now the only thing is making plans with him

Old 12-20-2010, 08:06 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Quote:
thank you so much, i hope it does happen. I'm afraid of going on another date after that terrible date last night, i have never been put in such an awkward situation, i literally ran to my car after that date went home and just shut myself down, and now i feel like crap.
Try going out with a group of friends. That would ease the awkward silences.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,492,023 times
At 18 years old you need to be sowing your oats instead of putting your heart into one person. In my opinion, at 18 you need to be dating girls too. Because I dont think an 18 year old has been around the block enough to really know "what they are." An 18 year old on Prozac is an entirely different thread.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
At 18 years old you need to be sowing your oats instead of putting your heart into one person. In my opinion, at 18 you need to be dating girls too. Because I dont think an 18 year old has been around the block enough to really know "what they are." An 18 year old on Prozac is an entirely different thread.
you're right, and for some reason it's much easier for me to get girls than it is to get guys, sometimes i don't even try to get a girl and she's giving me her number sometimes which i find just weird. but with guys it's like a whole different process. it's extremely stressful

Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Try going out with a group of friends. That would ease the awkward silences.
my friends are all straight so it'd be kind of awkward for them lol

Old 12-20-2010, 10:34 AM

138 posts, read 219,650 times
Quote:
my friends are all straight so it'd be kind of awkward for them lol
Do you act "gay?" Effiminate?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesouthernman View Post
Do you act "gay?" Effiminate?
no! i actually act very masculine most people don't even know unless i tell them

Old 12-20-2010, 10:54 AM

138 posts, read 219,650 times
Quote:
no! i actually act very masculine most people don't even know unless i tell them
Then I dont understand why your friends would be uncomfortable if you went out with them. Is the guy you are heartbroken over gay or straight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships