U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 09-04-2013, 09:57 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
90,492 posts, read 86,605,163 times
Reputation: 97223

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
A co-worker came in today wearing Nike (!) elevator shoes - first time I had ever seen elevator shoes, I said to myself 'those must be the elevator shoes I've heard about.
I thought the point of wearing them was that people aren't supposed to be able to tell they're not regular shoes...?
Rate this post positively

 
Old 09-06-2013, 05:34 PM
 
33,031 posts, read 24,850,308 times
Reputation: 9023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I thought the point of wearing them was that people aren't supposed to be able to tell they're not regular shoes...?

If you are standing, you generally can't tell whether someone is wearing elevator shoes. If you are sitting - i.e. your line of sight is lower - at a distance from a person wearing elevator shoes you get a 'flatter' or better (more horizontal than vertical) view of their soles and can see a gradation of sole elevation.

So it was not until a combination of events coincided that I noticed the elevator shoes, and might have been blissfully unaware of them for months before noticing them.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 PM
 
Location: In the middle.
543 posts, read 493,141 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

I like how Ruth ignored this. Inconvenient.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
90,492 posts, read 86,605,163 times
Reputation: 97223
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
I like how Ruth ignored this. Inconvenient.
Ruth is not into rehashing old arguments to death.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-06-2013, 09:35 PM
 
Location: In the middle.
543 posts, read 493,141 times
Reputation: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ruth is not into rehashing old arguments to death.
Lol. When confronted by facts contrary to your argument, deny, deflect, and ignore. I will agree it is an old one.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-06-2013, 09:43 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
90,492 posts, read 86,605,163 times
Reputation: 97223
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Lol. When confronted by facts contrary to your argument, deny, deflect, and ignore. I will agree it is an old one.
I've addressed articles like that before. Sure a lot of women will say they prefer tall men. Some women will say they refuse to consider anyone below a certain height. But some of the women who insist they prefer tall men will go with a shorter guy if his personality (etc.) appeals to him. What people say and how they behave often turn out to be two very different things. That's one reason so many shorter guys, and even some 5'-and-under guys have no trouble attracting women. Polls and articles mean very little. Real life is where it's at. You should try it.

Do I need to turn that into a "sticky" to trot out every time someone posts a poll or article "proving" women don't like short guys? Kinda looks like it, doesn't it?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-06-2013, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,109 posts, read 28,667,273 times
Reputation: 16327
And what happens when the elevator shoes come off? You think if a woman is that enamored with a mans height she's going to laugh it off when he's actually 3" shorter?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-30-2014, 05:46 AM
 
2 posts, read 2,245 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've addressed articles like that before. Sure a lot of women will say they prefer tall men. Some women will say they refuse to consider anyone below a certain height. But some of the women who insist they prefer tall men will go with a shorter guy if his personality (etc.) appeals to him. What people say and how they behave often turn out to be two very different things. That's one reason so many shorter guys, and even some 5'-and-under guys have no trouble attracting women. Polls and articles mean very little. Real life is where it's at. You should try it.

Do I need to turn that into a "sticky" to trot out every time someone posts a poll or article "proving" women don't like short guys? Kinda looks like it, doesn't it?
I find this obfuscation so pathetic.
Men and women JUDGE PEOPLE BY HEIGHT FIRST.
Even if a woman judges a short guy as worthy, other men will not judge him as worthy. He will be disrespected
everywhere he goes, make less money, be ignored, not taken seriously - you name it.

Can a short guy 'make it'?
WHO CARES?

The bottom line is he is fighting an uphill battle all the way... so even if he does 'make it', he would have made it much further if he happened to be taller. If he scores a hot taller girl - by being taller he could have been a player and slept around.

If he has the respect of men - he would have more respect from the same men, and other men who didnt respect him before would leave him alone now/ accord him respect.

If you are at a low height like me (5'2), height is EVERYTHING... for your interactions with MEN **AND** WOMEN.

Short females have it better because they have the option to be cutesy. Also, they aren't judged by the opposite sex on dominance as much. But it still has a large role in their life.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-30-2014, 05:58 AM
 
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys
2,766 posts, read 2,545,917 times
Reputation: 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyMeToday View Post
After being rejected over and over again because of ny height I decided to try elevator shoes. I'm the guy who women would always tell me "your so cute if you were only taller" or "you are so sexy but short guys aren't my type". I would get conversation on online dating sites and then women would disappear once I told them I was 5'6 (really 5'6 3/4 Hehe). Then I figured that women wear push up bras, makeup, heels and stomach belts (or w/e you call em), so why not try elevator shoes. What a difference! When I go out women don't shoot me down right away and let me talk. I have had more sex than I could believe and women want to date me! Only one made a nasty comment how she felt she was cheated when I took my shoes off and I told her how us men feel cheated when the wonder bras and foundation came off and I still slept with her. All I needed was a way in, and now I've got it!
I usually frown on primarily looking for casual sex but, you know what, you deserve it, bro. Have at 'em. And I hope you find someone among them who like you for you.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top