U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 10:29 AM

280 posts, read 331,483 times

Advertisements

The OP made the point that if women use push-up bras (padded bras, etc.) then he has a legitimate right to wear shoes that make him look taller. Seems fair to me. But as soon as I read his post, I knew there would be the nay-sayers, such as:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Your lying about your true height in order to get more women only gets you closer to that one woman who lies about not having an STD before you two have sex.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
If wearing something (shoes, hats, t-shirts with slogans, bling, and or various chemical aromas) gives you more confidence, thus more dates, go for it.
The latter post supports the OP but denies the possibility that his improved results are due to appearance of being taller (must be "confidence" or whatever). But if you weren't there or don't know the people involved, it would be more intellectually honest not to jump to any conclusions. It is well known that men are not the only people who are capable of judging potential sex partners by physical appearance (even though it may not be politically correct to acknowledge that).
Rate this post positively

Old 12-25-2010, 10:33 AM

16,281 posts, read 16,150,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyMeToday View Post
I have had more sex than I could believe and women want to date me! ... All I needed was a way in, and now I've got it!

I thought this was just an ad for elevator shoes...

I'm making a request for motorized walkway shoes, cuz I gets lazy sometimes...

"Hoveround!"

Old 12-25-2010, 10:53 AM

15 posts, read 33,702 times
Believe me when I say that I haven't changed anything about my approach or personality. It's the shoes. You can argue about how it must be "confidence" or "w/e" but I am old enough to know that its all about my height (I an 30 now). When I put the shoes on and meet people I get treated with a little more respect and many ladies give me the opportunity to talk, not to say I am a super male model or something but my odds have definitely been adjusted and my success rate has increased with a lot of stuff. Sure I will annoy people when I take them off like I said about that one woman but I too get annoyed when the foundation or stomach belt comes off on the woman. I got tired of watching everybody else have fun. Why can't I have any? Guess what now I am.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:35 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,063,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans63 View Post

The latter post supports the OP but denies the possibility that his improved results are due to appearance of being taller (must be "confidence" or whatever). But if you weren't there or don't know the people involved, it would be more intellectually honest not to jump to any conclusions. It is well known that men are not the only people who are capable of judging potential sex partners by physical appearance (even though it may not be politically correct to acknowledge that).
No possibility was denied just bringing up the possibility of confirmation bias in ascribing results. But who knows...? I broke a mirror the other day and I am still working off the 7 years of bad luck. It would not have happened but I spilled salt at the dinner table unexpectedly and forgot to use the proper warding gesture. So feeling that something bad was going to happen caused me to peer too closely into the mirror and it shattered from the reflected image in it.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:45 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,306,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
what happens when she sees you without your shoes on?
Perhaps he's "tall" in other ways.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:46 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,306,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm waiting for Escalator shoes...
Went out of style with disco.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:44 PM

5,561 posts, read 3,250,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyMeToday View Post
After being rejected over and over again because of ny height I decided to try elevator shoes. I'm the guy who women would always tell me "your so cute if you were only taller" or "you are so sexy but short guys aren't my type". I would get conversation on online dating sites and then women would disappear once I told them I was 5'6 (really 5'6 3/4 Hehe). Then I figured that women wear push up bras, makeup, heels and stomach belts (or w/e you call em), so why not try elevator shoes. What a difference! When I go out women don't shoot me down right away and let me talk. I have had more sex than I could believe and women want to date me! Only one made a nasty comment how she felt she was cheated when I took my shoes off and I told her how us men feel cheated when the wonder bras and foundation came off and I still slept with her. All I needed was a way in, and now I've got it!
Its strange how only an inch or two makes a difference. I can already imagine the replies after that sentence, LOL. Im 5'8 and I have never had a problem like you mentioned. It does seem like a lot of women want men that are taller, or sometimes much taller than they are.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:54 PM

727 posts, read 483,622 times
Could I learn english faster if I use elevator shoes?

Old 12-26-2010, 01:22 AM

9,881 posts, read 20,213,940 times
The op seems a lil fishy to me.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:34 AM

895 posts, read 1,361,320 times
[quote=EnvyMeToday;17128801 I have had more sex than I could believe and women want to date me! Only one made a nasty comment how she felt she was cheated when I took my shoes off and I told her how us men feel cheated when the wonder bras and foundation came off and I still slept with her. All I needed was a way in, and now I've got it![/quote]

....And the headlines read "Man Finds Way to Deceive and Get Laid"

Oh wait. That aint news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.