Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 AM

609 posts, read 505,553 times

Advertisements

My simple advise to you would be to not 'hang out' in those place by yourself. Try to find yourself some white female friends, and be around them a lot. Do various things with them... Also, going to places with only white folks might sometimes be intimidating. Maybe you might consider going places, where there is a lot of interracial couples/pairing. Also, have you tried meetup? Plenty of groups there based mostly on common interest. You might want to consider that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladydlite View Post
I am a black woman who is interested in and open to dating outside my race in the DC area. However, I am never approached by men that aren't black. How can I come off as a little more approachable to non-black men?

All of my boyfriends have been black, but I have yet to meet a black man in this area worth my time and I am expanding my options. I do not need a lecture about that, fyi. I also do not spend all of my time in places or participate in activities that only cater to black people.
You said, non-black. Not "white" guys. Okay. Since we are homies. I suggest you go where the non-blacks guys hang. It doesn't matter, which race of men you're referring to. It's several diverse areas here.

I've been approached several times. More times, than not, they think we don't want to talk. Put yourself out there. I'll DM you an article I was reading on this subject.

Not all non-black men desire thin women. Some want a woman thick, thin, or otherwise. Stay as you are.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:23 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
It's funny, when a black women says, "dating outside her race", people think "white".

The OP didn't name any race. Just wants to date a different race of men.

HA.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:34 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Delaware, Maryland, Virginia.

She's in/or around Washington DC.
District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia. The only person who has a job worth commuting to DC from Delware from is Joe Biden.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:30 PM

884 posts, read 2,641,405 times
Non-Black, Shoot just go out and I am sure someone will hit on you. Don't have that "angry black woman mean mug on your face either". (I'm a sista btw). I used to get hit on by white guys and even the latinos check me out cause I'm a plus sized curvy woman.

You could always go for the Traci Bingham look. Ultra weave, skin bleach and huge boobie implants. A lot of men like that.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM

47 posts, read 99,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
So you shut everyone out in public (listening to iPod, no smile, etc) then come here and complain how guys don't approach you??

I don't know what to say.
I created this thread for suggestions to meet non-black men and just wanted to add how I carry myself when out in public.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,640,814 times
I've been looking for the non-Black men attracted to me, too. They just don't bite in D.C. It could be because I wear my hair in natural styles, and many times in a traditional African headwrap with kinky coily curls popping out. They just don't seem to dig my Blackness, at least not the ones I've met in the area who display no attraction whatsoever. But I've never been willing to second-guess my physical appeal and get a weave or a perm or an ass-and-thigh suction or any of that silliness to alter myself for them.

The point being that there are physical things about us that are genetic and just will not change, and most non-Blacks will simply not be attracted to because it's not familiar to what they're used to seeing in their own racial group. Wide noses, thick lips, big legs, wide hips, thick coily locks -- these are things inherent in most Black women that many (not all) non-Blacks will just never be attracted to. There is a big epidemic in the Black female demographic where many believe they are ugly or less attractive than non-Black females, and this mentality is contributing to the whole question of "Am I good enough to attract a white man (because usually non-Black refers to white), am I too Black," and it is devastating to see.

I wouldn't suggest changing anything already inherent in you for a non-Black man. Just keep doing your thing, and if one bites, you won't have to worry about compromising your identity.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM

1,568 posts, read 3,226,019 times
Go to a Capitols game...hang out near the beer stand, as soon as you see something you like--walk up, slap him in the &$$ and tell him to take you to Denny's or Applebee's after the game. : )

Good luck!

Last edited by IDASpaceman; 12-27-2010 at 07:28 PM..

Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
^^ +1. Good, honest post.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:26 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
I've been looking for the non-Black men attracted to me, too. They just don't bite in D.C. It could be because I wear my hair in natural styles, and many times in a traditional African headwrap with kinky coily curls popping out. They just don't seem to dig my Blackness, at least not the ones I've met in the area who display no attraction whatsoever. But I've never been willing to second-guess my physical appeal and get a weave or a perm or an ass-and-thigh suction or any of that silliness to alter myself for them.

The point being that there are physical things about us that are genetic and just will not change, and most non-Blacks will simply not be attracted to because it's not familiar to what they're used to seeing in their own racial group. Wide noses, thick lips, big legs, wide hips, thick coily locks -- these are things inherent in most Black women that many (not all) non-Blacks will just never be attracted to. There is a big epidemic in the Black female demographic where many believe they are ugly or less attractive than non-Black females, and this mentality is contributing to the whole question of "Am I good enough to attract a white man (because usually non-Black refers to white), am I too Black," and it is devastating to see.

I wouldn't suggest changing anything already inherent in you for a non-Black man. Just keep doing your thing, and if one bites, you won't have to worry about compromising your identity.
Great post, and brutally honest too. IDK, I think to some degree, your right. I think people are used to looking at someone that looks like them.

I don't mean this in a bad way, I think it's just people's comfort zone. I have seen many very beautiful black women, and no not all were Alicia Keys, good lord that woman is beautiful, btw. I've seen women that had all of the "typical" black traits and found them very beautiful. I saw their spirit shine through as well as their physical beauty.

IDK, I think black women also seem to be incredibly loyal to their men, IDK, if that is just some outdated stereotype or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships