Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 01:24 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Normally I consider it a compliment. However, this past weekend I was at the mall with my son and a random stranger came up to me and said, "Wow...you're quite a MILF!" My son responded, "Mom, what's a MILF?" I had to think of something to say on the spot. Needless to say, it was an awkward moment and not one in which being called a MILF would make me smile.

Otherwise, though, I DO consider it a compliment.
Why? your son is gonna learn the term before he's 10 anyways.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I cant think of a better example of a MILF than you sweetie if I were to use that expression. Or Seeniorita. Or Ms. Neemy Or..............BUT! I feel that if we allow our young men to freely use such expressions we are basically telling them that there are no boundaries. That nothing or nobody deserves respect and esteem. If I were to choose just one category that should be held above all others when it comes to respect and deference, it would be motherhood. Please dont take me wrong. I love to compliment and flirt with beautiful women! Mothers or not. But that flirting will never involve the fact that she is a mother. In a world where apparently "anything goes" I guess I am becoming a relic.But I will hold steadfast to my belief in the sanctity of motherhood.
Aww, thank you, Capt! "Ms. Neemy" has a nice ring to it. I appreciate what you're saying, too. Never thought of it that way!

I've been called a MILF before, and I wasn't offended by it. It was just a playful thing, and I didn't really take it too seriously.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:39 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
i dont want ANYONE under age 30 looking at me. actually, i only want hubby to look at me, but i cant help what others do. having a child (and yes, a teen IS STILL a child think of you in that way is NOT flattering - its DISTURBING

i think ill have to agree to that one too. I am secure in myself, in my age and in my appearance and do not need to be 'validated' by some hormone driven idiot
If you don't want anyone under 30 checking you out, I take it you're well over 30.

You might think it's disturbing for a teen to be attracted to you, but it's actually a compliment. It's a fact that people become less attractive as they age. If a teen is attracted to you, it means you managed to stay attractive. Take it as a compliment.

When you use the word disturbing, I take that personally. I admit I'm attracted to MILFs, so I take offense when you say that's disturbing.

You know what's more disturbing? If someone is a pedophile. That's way worse than a teen being attracted to MILFs.

When I'm 30+ years old, I would take it as a compliment if a 19 year old girl was attracted to me.

Just because someone is secure in themself doesn't mean they're attractive. Of course, I'm not talking about you personally since I don't know what you look like. This is just a general statement.

There was a fat couple at my high school that were attracted to each other but no one else was attracted to them. They were secure in themselves, but that didn't make them attractive.

At least some MILFs realize it's a compliment to be called a MILF. One word: cougar

There was a cougar that had a thing for me...

Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Well said Capt! Men of your stature are indeed a rare breed. It's among the many reasons why you have so many women fans here.....me being one of the biggest!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I cant think of a better example of a MILF than you sweetie if I were to use that expression. Or Seeniorita. Or Ms. Neemy Or..............BUT! I feel that if we allow our young men to freely use such expressions we are basically telling them that there are no boundaries. That nothing or nobody deserves respect and esteem. If I were to choose just one category that should be held above all others when it comes to respect and deference, it would be motherhood. Please dont take me wrong. I love to compliment and flirt with beautiful women! Mothers or not. But that flirting will never involve the fact that she is a mother. In a world where apparently "anything goes" I guess I am becoming a relic.But I will hold steadfast to my belief in the sanctity of motherhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Capt. Dan IS awesome
Well, it's well said Captain! I think when my man says it to me, I don't find it offensive. It's more offensive when it's someone young calls me out like that on the street.

And thank you.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If you don't want anyone under 30 checking you out, I take it you're well over 30.

You might think it's disturbing for a teen to be attracted to you, but it's actually a compliment. It's a fact that people become less attractive as they age. If a teen is attracted to you, it means you managed to stay attractive. Take it as a compliment.

When you use the word disturbing, I take that personally. I admit I'm attracted to MILFs, so I take offense when you say that's disturbing.

You know what's more disturbing? If someone is a pedophile. That's way worse than a teen being attracted to MILFs.

When I'm 30+ years old, I would take it as a compliment if a 19 year old girl was attracted to me.

Just because someone is secure in themself doesn't mean they're attractive. Of course, I'm not talking about you personally since I don't know what you look like. This is just a general statement.

There was a fat couple at my high school that were attracted to each other but no one else was attracted to them. They were secure in themselves, but that didn't make them attractive.

At least some MILFs realize it's a compliment to be called a MILF. One word: cougar

CD91, I gotta give you props for this one.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,925,363 times
I agree with all the previous posters who said age does matter. A MILF is an older mother, not a twenty-two year old one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUG1aCUY2o

Old 03-04-2011, 02:05 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,356 times
I think it's a little bit offensive because it's like saying, "Oh you're beautiful...for an old woman." I don't know how I would feel when I'm at that age.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:06 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,433 times
Quote:

im 33 but thanks for asking. i like MEN not BOYS. I didnt date 16 year olds when i WAS 16.

my photo is in the photo thread somewhere. for what it matters.

i dont want ANYONE, regardless of age, to think of me as a piece of meat. it is disgusting, disrespectful, immature and chauvinistic.

I have more class than that.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I think it's a little bit offensive because it's like saying, "Oh you're beautiful...for an old woman." I don't know how I would feel when I'm at that age.
No, it's more like saying "you're getting old, but you don't look old"

Old 03-04-2011, 02:41 PM

697 posts, read 1,281,383 times
Quote:
No, it's more like saying "you're getting old, but you don't look old"

"how to never get laid" by city data boy now at a book store next to you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships