Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:39 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,682,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
I agree with you for the most part; but consider that it is easier to go out if we have enough money than when we don't. And, the same holds true for the chick. I was simply commenting that it is usually not a problem for guys when we have a generous petty cash fund at our disposal.
Why does money have to be an issue? How about going for a walk? Taking a run together? Sightseeing and people watching.... it doesn't have to cost anything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 12:02 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,668,659 times
It doesn't have to be an issue, it is usually just easier, for me, if I have a petty cash fund for that purpose.

I have been doing some "research" on the internet and found that many women receive up to 100 percent or more responses to their ads than many guys, unless there is some interest to consider. In many cases, simply wanting to be friends and hang out doesn't work very often for guys; and, it can seem to be an uphill battle for some of us, for the privilege of being put in the "friend" zone. It would be different if being a friend meant the same thing to men as it does to women.

Last edited by danielpalos; 01-08-2011 at 12:26 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 12:05 PM

89 posts, read 140,484 times
If a woman is looking for a relationship and is a serial dater, it probably means she has a nasty personality, a huge list of demands or some other bad trait. It wouldn't take THAT long for a normal person to find someone to be with.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:14 PM

It could just be a bad attitude and habit. Some of us guys sometimes develop a bad attitude in a similar but inverse manner.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:17 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,028,513 times
Should - you should do things my way, because I'm smarter, prettier, superior, more moral.

I would love to know who died and left the "should" person in charge?
Then again, am I judging the "should" person for making "shoulds" on others? YUP - and I want to say -

M Y O B

That isn't taught anymore and it's a shame. MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:20 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,387,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
If life were a steady diet of this, it would get old really quick. But sometimes we find ourselves at a point in our lives where it makes sense to date several people, like when you first start dating after a divorce or something. I've had dates with about 10 men in the last several weeks and the furthest I've gone with any of them was to kiss one of them, so the sex part doesn't hold true. Most of them I won't be seeing again, but I will probably narrow my choices down to about 2-3 to date more regularly (no sex though! I can't imagine keeping 2-3 sex partners going at the same time.) and if one of them emerges as a relationship then I will concentrate on him.

David Wygant writes an advice column for singles and he recommends that singles try to date one new person per week, though I don't know where I'd find that many--I'm not really all that outgoing, but I'm coming out of my shell.

ONe good thing about all this is that I'm learning about new people and about what kind of men would be good relationship material for me--it's all about fun right now, and when I don't have the attitude that this guy is the one b/c he's the only one I'm dating right now I lose that look of desperation, which is never attractive. Not that I think I look desperate, but you never know.
Wow, how do you find 10 men to date in a matter of weeks?? I'm young and I'm not finding them that easily. I get approached all the time, but I agree to a date maybe every couple months, lol...maybe that's my problem.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post

M Y O B

Can you elaborate on that? In one relationship I had, I got the feeling I was only a temp. and didn't want to cramp her style or go out of my way to create a false impression. It was a self-fulfilling "prophecy" that "confirmed" my original opinion, but I felt I may have been able to do things differently with more practice or with other girl friends for social support.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:16 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,682,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Should - you should do things my way, because I'm smarter, prettier, superior, more moral.

I would love to know who died and left the "should" person in charge?
Then again, am I judging the "should" person for making "shoulds" on others? YUP - and I want to say -

M Y O B

LOL.....as another wise poster on another thread says...MYOB goes both ways, now....doesn't it?

Oh....incidentally....if you don't want anyone to get IN your business?.....Don't post your business on a public Internet forum and ask people's opinions on it! Just saaayin'!

Last edited by beachmel; 01-08-2011 at 02:06 PM..

Old 01-08-2011, 01:19 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,010,815 times
Default Serial Daters, Is it out of desperation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie Flowers View Post
I don't get the point of serial dating. What? Do I need to date 100 people to be deemed socially acceptable.
Male serial daters do it for sexual gratification. Women serial daters do it for attention. Both groups do it in order to feel "complete" and not appear inadequate.

Old 01-08-2011, 01:46 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,715,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Wow, how do you find 10 men to date in a matter of weeks?? I'm young and I'm not finding them that easily. I get approached all the time, but I agree to a date maybe every couple months, lol...maybe that's my problem.
I think it was just a weird blip. I'm on a dating site and go to meetups so I've met several people that way. It's not likely to last, lol, so I'll enjoy it while it does. A couple were men I'd known for while but I was waiting to date until I was ready.

BTW--I always pay my own way on the first date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships