Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 08:41 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Just because you see a therapist doesn't mean you're crazy. It means you need to sort out some aspect of your life.
I never implied that seeking professional help makes you crazy. I'm just saying let's leave the actual diagnosis, if one is warranted, to a qualified professional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I thought the flirting was how you got the first date. I would turn it off after that and turn on the flattery. Tread lightly when it comes to complements about clothes, hair,weight, her style. Those things are going to change. Things like, her voice, laugh, eyes, skin, intelligence are safer.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:51 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I used to be in Maryland too, but have gone to Tennessee.

I have been reading this stuff for a good couple of years....

I love TN! I'll be hopefully moving back to TX in the next 6 months. I also have been reading TV's post for years and never commented until now.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I never implied that seeking professional help makes you crazy. I'm just saying let's leave the actual diagnosis, if one is warranted, to a qualified professional.

What I said wasn't for you but for TVSG to understand that seeing a therapist doesn't mean something is wrong with you. He just needs to see one to see if they can help him move on with his life. I think when we mention therapist to him, he automatically thinks we're saying he's crazy and we're not.

I guess we're talking outloud here about diagnosing him because after many years of him posting and so many people trying to help him, there is something going on here.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. It should be natural or it comes off awkward and uncomfortable if you are trying to hard.

Maybe the library might have a book on conversation styles or how to date. I'm not quite sure. I'll have to look the next time I'm at the library.

Also I really, really think TVSG that you need to get

out amongst people to learn how to converse with people. Practice makes perfect. Isn't there some type of mixer in your area that you could join?

Here's a link that I found

Philadelphia Singles Clubs, Social Clubs, Social Mixers and Networking Groups | Singles Events Guide

This could help you. You just need to jump in and talk to people. Forget about the internet, craigslist or anything else you are coming up with. I'm sure if I googled "Fetish clubs in Philly", I could find something and that might be for you since you're into feet.

I'm a private fetish guy not public.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
What I said wasn't for you but for TVSG to understand that seeing a therapist doesn't mean something is wrong with you. He just needs to see one to see if they can help him move on with his life. I think when we mention therapist to him, he automatically thinks we're saying he's crazy and we're not.

I guess we're talking outloud here about diagnosing him because after many years of him posting and so many people trying to help him, there is something going on here.
I've read some of his posts and do agree that there is a pattern and they seem farcical. He may be a little slow on the uptake as far as interacting with women, but honestly he seems harmless.

On the other hand, there are other posters on here that are downright scary and in serious need of professional help.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I've read some of his posts and do agree that there is a pattern and they seem farcical. He may be a little slow on the uptake as far as interacting with women, but honestly he seems harmless.

On the other hand, there are other posters on here that are downright scary and in serious need of professional help.

Oh, I do agree that he is harmless but he does not some type of professional help to guide him to learn how to socialize.

I also agree that some of these characters on this forum are way scarier and really do need professional help for their craziness.

He just opened up another thread about this girl. She called and told him it wasn't working out and then he called back and left a message cussing her out and then at the end of the message, ask if they could still be friends. See, he really is clueless and needs someone to direct him on how to deal with people.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm a private fetish guy not public.
Ok, I understand that but you still could go to a social mixer around Philly to meet people. If you feel intimidated being in a large group, find some other social outlet that is smaller in numbers.

How about going to a sports bar? Sit at the bar by yourself and if you don't drink, just have a soda while watching sports and converse with someone about the game. Sooner or later, someone will invite you to another function outside of the bar. But become a regular at a sports bar.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
He just opened up another thread about this girl. She called and told him it wasn't working out and then he called back and left a message cussing her out and then at the end of the message, ask if they could still be friends. See, he really is clueless and needs someone to direct him on how to deal with people.
I just saw it....

Clueless is really the best way to describe it.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:09 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:

If they were free I would go there now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships