Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I just saw it....

Clueless is really the best way to describe it.

Yes, I agree clueless and....there's just something missing there. I do want to help him find someone so I guess I'll be plugging along trying to help...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
I think it's wrong to try to find someone at this juncture in his life. He needs to work on himself.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:13 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If they were free I would go there now
You have an excuse for EVERYTHING. Hopeless.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:15 AM

Quote:
If they were free I would go there now
I used to work in a clinic. They're not free but they have a sliding scale fee. The clinic will look up how much you make on a chart of fees and from there can tell you how much you'll be charged for each visit. Usually the fees are from $2 to $35 per visit in MD. $35 fee is someone that is making lots of money.

Also if you have medical insurance, you should have mental health benefits too. No one at work will know and HR can not tell anyone that you are using your mental health benefits.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I think it's wrong to try to find someone at this juncture in his life. He needs to work on himself.

I agree with this. You can't find someone that will love and cherish you in life if you don't know yourself. I've given myself a break from love to find myself so that when I do go out again looking for it, I'll know what I want from another person. I've had a bad record of love and I can't blame the other person but must take some responsibility on picking the wrong person over and over again.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:19 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
I appreciate all the dating advice that some give about dating and flirting and first dates but I also feel examples would help a lot better. Like with Flirting maybe an EXAMPLE of what a guy would say on a first date to flirt so that those who don't know would have some kind of idea. All of the be confident advice without actual examples means nothing. A person can only be confident if they have a good idea of how dating works and what they will be doing. And all that comes from what? Examples.

You only get better at something by having an idea of HOW to do it.

Like in the past I have heard posters say you have to tease her a little. But gave no example on how to do that.
I use a variety of techniques; scents, flavors, textures, etc. I like to gently tie up & blindfold her, bringing about the element of surprise, which heightens the experience. I may drizzle certain flavors on erotic, sensitive areas, and gently kiss the areas. Occasionally suprising her with a gentle tickle.
I can't express the utmost importance of the trust factor. The woman is at her most vunerable state here, breaking that trust is an undescribable violation of that trust. Most women just aren't willing to do what I described in a restaurant, much less on a first date.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:20 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I agree with this. You can't find someone that will love and cherish you in life if you don't know yourself. I've given myself a break from love to find myself so that when I do go out again looking for it, I'll know what I want from another person. I've had a bad record of love and I can't blame the other person but must take some responsibility on picking the wrong person over and over again.
I agree. I worked on myself for years before getting involved with anyone. The first person post-self improvement that I dated went pretty well. We did end up breaking up but it was a good relationship over all. We just wanted different things. Then I went on with my life, worked, raised my son, etc. A little over a year later I met my husband.

I sincerely believe people must be comfortable with themselves and be self aware enough to change behaviors in order to have a successful relationship.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
You want a short lesson on how to get a woman interested in you?

LISTEN TO HER (assuming she is interesting, don't waste your time on a boring female). That doesn't mean pretend to listen to her. It means making eye contact, really listening to her, asking questions and taking an interest in what she's interested in.

Very simple and very effective advice that anyone can follow. It works for both genders. People love to talk about things they're interested in and love it when someone listens to them.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I agree. I worked on myself for years before getting involved with anyone. The first person post-self improvement that I dated went pretty well. We did end up breaking up but it was a good relationship over all. We just wanted different things. Then I went on with my life, worked, raised my son, etc. A little over a year later I met my husband.

I sincerely believe people must be comfortable with themselves and be self aware enough to change behaviors in order to have a successful relationship.
Yes, I agree. I'm finally ready to date again and now I know what I want out of a relationship and how to behave in an adult way. (I always found needy men and was their mama).

Old 01-09-2011, 09:54 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I used to work in a clinic. They're not free but they have a sliding scale fee. The clinic will look up how much you make on a chart of fees and from there can tell you how much you'll be charged for each visit. Usually the fees are from $2 to $35 per visit in MD. $35 fee is someone that is making lots of money.

Also if you have medical insurance, you should have mental health benefits too. No one at work will know and HR can not tell anyone that you are using your mental health benefits.
I am willing to pay for an attractive female to come to my apartment and talk to me about socializing and dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships