U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM

2,653 posts, read 4,374,749 times

Advertisements

A friend found me on FB. Now, he's several years older. He never knew I had a crush on him as a girl. We started talking found out, there is so much in common.

I'm thinking we would become good, if not great friends. Next thing, he started talking dirty. The thought of someone crushin on him as a boy. I'm aroused by that fact childfree. I wondered how did this happen. How did this line of questioning start. We never talked sex or meeting.

I put him back into his lane the friend zone. Ladies, he stopped talking to me. WTH is that about. I actually laughed about it. Kick rocks buddy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 11:51 AM

6,046 posts, read 10,445,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
A friend found me on FB. Now, he's several years older. He never knew I had a crush on him as a girl. We started talking found out, there is so much in common.

I'm thinking we would become good, if not great friends. Next thing, he started talking dirty. The thought of someone crushin on him as a boy. I'm aroused by that fact childfree. I wondered how did this happen. How did this line of questioning start. We never talked sex or meeting.

I put him back into his lane the friend zone. Ladies, he stopped talking to me. WTH is that about. I actually laughed about it. Kick rocks buddy.
What were you thinking? It sounds like you finally had a chance with him, and you blew it. You were interested in him when you were younger, and now you had a chance with him. Better late than never.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM

2,653 posts, read 4,374,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
What were you thinking? It sounds like you finally had a chance with him, and you blew it. You were interested in him when you were younger, and now you had a chance with him. Better late than never.
That would've been nice, but he had one flaw. His wife.

We live in different states as well.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:43 PM

3,770 posts, read 5,821,009 times
The in between zone seems to happen when there is attraction, but something is holding one or both people back from taking action. It's also a comfortable place to be. It's nice having a crush and keeping it there, so it's always "perfect".

Old 01-09-2011, 02:54 PM

2,224 posts, read 4,848,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
The in between zone seems to happen when there is attraction, but something is holding one or both people back from taking action. It's also a comfortable place to be. It's nice having a crush and keeping it there, so it's always "perfect".
I'm happy to hear that because that's where I am now. Mad crush but keeping things at a physical and emotional distance. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM

3,770 posts, read 5,821,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
I'm happy to hear that because that's where I am now. Mad crush but keeping things at a physical and emotional distance. I don't want to get my hopes up.
I realized that I am bad at dating. A lot of people are on their best behaviour for the first few dates. But for me, official dates, bring out a weird side of my personality. Then there is the wondering if I did something wrong or analyzing or wondering if I should call or text or why haven't they called. None of this exist in the in between zone. I'm laid back. I don't sweat that they haven't contacted me in 3 days. We hang out and it's fun. I love the in between zone. I've been in an in between zone with a new girl for a few weeks and am going to drag it out for a couple months more. With how bad things have gotten with official dating recently, I like it this way.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:13 PM

13,951 posts, read 14,719,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I realized that I am bad at dating. A lot of people are on their best behaviour for the first few dates. But for me, official dates, bring out a weird side of my personality. Then there is the wondering if I did something wrong or analyzing or wondering if I should call or text or why haven't they called. None of this exist in the in between zone. I'm laid back. I don't sweat that they haven't contacted me in 3 days. We hang out and it's fun. I love the in between zone. I've been in an in between zone with a new girl for a few weeks and am going to drag it out for a couple months more. With how bad things have gotten with official dating recently, I like it this way.
Man, this is so true.

I have a guy friend in this zone, not that I put him there, that's just where we've been w/ eachother for...5yrs! (he moved)
But now he's talking about visiting and I'm getting nerrrvous!

Old 01-09-2011, 07:38 PM

2,388 posts, read 3,181,459 times
A friend of mine and I have been in this so-called "in-between zone" for almost five years now. Never had sex, date who we want, and still have an affection for one another that's lovely. I always see him as a potential future significant other, but we're nothing more than friends now and I never talk sexually or flirtatiously with him. That would be crossing the line and breaking the code.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:43 PM

6,046 posts, read 10,445,977 times
I've learned that it's not a good thing to get your hopes up. But this thread made me get my hopes up. Maybe I can salvage my dating life after all.

Old 01-09-2011, 07:54 PM

1,496 posts, read 2,223,431 times
never experienced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships