Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
What's the matter---can't get real dates in the real world so you have to go to dating sites for cyber dating?

Get off your butt and get involved in the real world.

I had my laptop attached to my HIP and edited it while I was waiting for the traffic light to change so I was in the real world

Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The root of your problems are becoming apparent. Nighty night.
Just to avoid any confusion, I wasn't saying my mom's a predator. I was saying my mom thinks this girl is a predator. Think about it. When she was 12, she was into a 10 year old. When she was 19, she was into a 16 year old.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:37 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I had my laptop attached to my HIP and edited it while I was waiting for the traffic light to change so I was in the real world
You're driving in the real world but live in a fantasy world.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:49 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
BTW, don't pull numbers out of your arse. Of all women murdered per year 1/3 of them are by a violent boyfriend.
Your gut feeling is conveniently the same thing that is what ever is easiest for you. Did you gut feeling stop you from giving the guy your number or dating him? Nope. That was the fun part. Then you changed your mind and he is now likely to murder you if you give him a call to end it.

Somehow, I have managed to live my entire life without knowing one women that was murdered by their Ex boyfriend. Not one friend, neighbor, coworker, aunt, cousin. Not even a friend of a friend of a friend. But, hats off to you for thwarting those murderers.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:12 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I'm going to take a little break from dating so I can work this research project called "Dating in 2011"

I will be taking notes on a daily and interviewing several people without them knowing they are being interviewed. I should be ready by March. So far people at my job have been been giving some valuable information without even knowing it.
I am interested in hearing what kind of valuable information you have been given. New year, new plan. I hope you keep us updated with regular reports. Will you have the final data by the beginning or end of March? Also, what methodology are you using for collecting your data? Just curious

Old 01-13-2011, 11:16 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I call BS. Everyone knows how to pick up the phone or meet someone in a public place and say they are not happy and it's not working out. I dated pre text messaging, pre cell phone, and pre email. Little 16 and 21 year olds were breaking up in person for 1000s of years. And adult in 2011 can figure it out. Sure it will be uncomfortable, but grow up.
If I was talking to someone and thought them normal and then they started emailing and texting too much and talking weirdly, I would end the friendship by phone too. I would be afraid what his reaction would be.

Now, if I had a friendship with someone and they didn't have any odd behavior and it just wasn't working out due to not being compatible, then yes, I would talk to them in person to let them know it wasn't working out and I wanted to end the friendship.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
You are worried about someone getting violent on the phone. Nope, you're a wimp. Own it. Text them, "I'm too afraid to have a conversation. I don't want to see you..ok?"

I really hope you run into one of these scary emotional people you were too chicken to talk to. That'd be hilarious.

Cripe, Felix, are you losing it too?? What is going on in CD? You possibly can't think it would be hilarious for someone to meet up with another that might be potential dangerous to let them know the friendship is over and might get hurt? Really? I'm shocked at your replies but maybe I don't know you as I thought I did.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
When my girlfriend broke up with me in 5th grade, it resulted in me smashing a telephone. That ended the call right there, since my telephone was broken. I cried but only after this happened. I wasn't going to cry on the phone.

Of course, I've matured since then. This was in 2002. Time flies.

I was 10 and she was 12. In high school, she dated a guy that was even younger than me (he was a grade behind me). My mom thinks she's a predator.
There's something that's not right. And your mom thinking she's a predator, hmm.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Just to avoid any confusion, I wasn't saying my mom's a predator. I was saying my mom thinks this girl is a predator. Think about it. When she was 12, she was into a 10 year old. When she was 19, she was into a 16 year old.

STT knows exactly what you were saying as I do.

Old 01-13-2011, 11:26 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
I am interested in hearing what kind of valuable information you have been given. New year, new plan. I hope you keep us updated with regular reports. Will you have the final data by the beginning or end of March? Also, what methodology are you using for collecting your data? Just curious
Don't get your hopes up. His new plan will probably be the same as last year's----all talk and no action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships