Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:41 PM

328 posts, read 573,329 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if you guys have any thoughts on why so many guys list "personal trainer" as their occupation on a dating website. What is it about personal trainers, who probably interact with so many people on a daily basis, that make them unable to find someone off-line?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 04:46 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Don't know, a lot of people are FAT in this day and age so it's a good occupation to get in right now due to the economy.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:54 PM

328 posts, read 573,329 times
smh ... so harsh but true

Old 01-09-2011, 07:19 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,307,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
Just wondering if you guys have any thoughts on why so many guys list "personal trainer" as their occupation on a dating website. What is it about personal trainers, who probably interact with so many people on a daily basis, that make them unable to find someone off-line?
The truth is many are self absorbed a$$wipes. Most are so into that lifestyle that norms tend to back off a bit. I remember the day when I started my new gym. It was when they weigh you in and take some measurements. I'm not sure what it is called, but that tool that you grip to measure pounds per square inch of grip was hilarious. The guy was a total meat-head and not used to strong guys who work for a living. I'm sure he had a laugh or two that day at some desk jockey's expense. He should have known better when I squeezed it. LOL What's so funny Jr? The kid looked 20-22. I'll bust your arse with that sledgehammer next time!! LOL LOL

Last edited by Axle grease; 01-09-2011 at 07:28 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 07:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
I'm not gonna get into my other opinions about them which pretty much coincide with the post above, but I also think "personal trainer" may also be an euphemism for underemployed or unemployed as it is the case with many "business owners."

Old 01-09-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm not gonna get into my other opinions about them which pretty much coincide with the post above, but I also think "personal trainer" may also be an euphemism for underemployed or unemployed as it is the case with many "business owners."
Yeah, I think he was genuinely supprized. I even remember him telling me he thought I was in great shape! "Let's move onto the shoulder press"! "Damn man"! Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh LOL

Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
The truth is many are self absorbed a$$wipes. Most are so into that lifestyle that norms tend to back off a bit. I remember the day when I started my new gym. It was when they weigh you in and take some measurements. I'm not sure what it is called, but that tool that you grip to measure pounds per square inch of grip was hilarious. The guy was a total meat-head and not used to strong guys who work for a living. I'm sure he had a laugh or two that day at some desk jockey's expense. He should have known better when I squeezed it. LOL What's so funny Jr? The kid looked 20-22. I'll bust your arse with that sledgehammer next time!! LOL LOL
Ha, I would have given you the hardest captain of crush. Lets see if you can close that.

Captains of Crush hand grippers and training tools for building hand strength

Old 01-09-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
Ha, I would have given you the hardest captain of crush. Lets see if you can close that.

Captains of Crush hand grippers and training tools for building hand strength
I can palm and carry 8"x8"x16" concrete cement blocks in each hand. Not just 20 or 30 or even 100. Many-many more! He didn't know that either. Don't underestimate the tough guy who works hard for his money.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
I think that it's first, a blanket statement job, "I'm a personal trainer", yay you LOL - now what do you do for full time employment is my question LOL. Secondly, it's true, I've known some personal trainers and they are very self absorbed and can never seem to get enough of female attention. Whats the best way to get that attention? Post yourself on multiple dating sites and let the fun begin.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
i agree with one or two of the other posters. odds are these guys are unemployed "trainers". they want women to at least think that they are studs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships