Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 07:16 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I've noticed that many people who don't know the first thing about gay people sure do like to speculate a lot about the reasons behind their sexual orientation.
Trying to understand the broad spectrum of human experience is better than closing your mind off to it and being ignorant of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 07:21 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Trying to understand the broad spectrum of human experience is better than closing your mind off to it and being ignorant of it.
I dunno...I'd say most of the posts on this thread have been pretty ignorant.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Please enlighten us, because I haven't read any ignorant post in this thread.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:27 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
Please enlighten us, because I haven't read any ignorant post in this thread.
It's like you can't talk about gays, blacks, women or any 'oppressed' group without people questioning your motives.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:30 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,755 times
Quote:
i was gonna say what this other dude said. "teach us" i'm just the father that loves his daughter very much and i'd do aything for her. she was in a gay realtionship for 3 years but now she's in a straight relationship. like another poster suggested i guess some people fall in love with the "person" regaurdless of sex.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:36 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,413,388 times
I've heard from two lesbians that they didn't start out as young women thinking they were gay, but at some point in their lives they had an experience where "I fell in love with X", i.e. some individual woman. One of these two women was still with the original X, the other wasn't and had actually been open to a relationship with a man afterward, but she'd found that she settled down more happily with a woman. So I'm ready to believe that there are a fair number of women out there who become lesbians because they're willing to make an emotional connection with whomever, where a man wouldn't be. And I did notice that for them, it started with the emotional link, not a sexual attraction (or not only a sexual attraction).

Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
This thread actually has quite a few responses worth reading,IMO, given the usual descent into moronic, offensive drivel that tends to accompany threads relating to homosexuality on C-D.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
I don't think women "choose" to be lesbian. I agree with some of the past posts. I also think some have decided to be open about it early on and others tried to be "straight" or possibly didn't consider themselves lesbian. Some women in relationships with women may not even be lesbian, they just happen to really like another woman or are bisexual and happen to be in a relationship with a woman.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
I could get down with a woman. Just physically though, since the experience would provide a sense of pleasure a man is not capable of. But I don't believe I would want to be in an actual "relationship" with a woman. I have always been drawn to and attracted to men.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,191,037 times
I wondered this also, but about women my age. I joined a web site and have noticed that a lot of the girls I went to high school with are now lesbians with grown children. I never kept in touch with any schoolmates but have been wondering if pressures of society made them chose to live a lie the entire time? I thought it sad if that was the case. Or possibly, like others have mentioned, they were treated badly by a man and gave up. I don't know the answer, but there sure are a lot of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships