Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 02:12 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
If I was born a pretty woman I'd like a handsome enough guy with a good career or business. Now how hard is that to find? Sometimes I cruise Craigslist's "men searching for women" ads just to see my competition... and to view how good the selection of men is out there... Lotsa ugly creeps on Craigslist!

But if you're a beautiful woman isn't finding a good man easy? Wouldn't you just select the best men that went after you?

But it seems there is a problem with rich, successful, and handsome men - they are not faithful, they cheat, and when you get old they'll dump you for a younger woman! Aren't hot guys difficult?

And if you're ugly, I guess it would be very hard to find a good man unless you lower your standards? How hard is it finding a good man if you're ugly?

If you're married now - how hard was it finding and getting your man? What were you looking for in a man?

But to me dating in general is way easier for women. Women get into clubs for free, are treated out, and it's usually men who come onto them, so not much rejection for women. And men need money or a job to be good enough whereas women only need their looks and a good personality.
1. Not every woman has the same definition of a good man as you.

2. If you think the "good men" are going to bother looking for a woman on Craigslist, then you're just clueless as to what a good man is.

3. If you're a beautiful woman, you won't have trouble attracting men. But there's no guarantee any of those men will be "good" men.

4. A woman can have looks, but she might not have a good personality to go with it. In fact, a lot of women are so used to getting by on their looks that they don't bother developing other good qualities. And even if they do, then the issue if finding someone you're compatible with. Funny how that word never shows up in your post. I guess it's not really an important consideration for you, is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 02:50 PM

130 posts, read 336,102 times
You can't just put a good woman and good man together and expect sparks to fly. Yeah, they may get along but the possibility of both of them developing a mutual attraction depends on many factors. People have different values, temperaments, styles, and quirks. Yeah, this guy may seem cool to hang out with occasionally but I may not want to be intimate with him or plan my future with him.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:59 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,802 times
Quote:
If I was born a pretty woman I'd like a handsome enough guy with a good career or business. Now how hard is that to find? Sometimes I cruise Craigslist's "men searching for women" ads just to see my competition... and to view how good the selection of men is out there... Lotsa ugly creeps on Craigslist!

Dude, craigslist is like shopping for clothes at walmart. You get what you pay for.

But if you're a beautiful woman isn't finding a good man easy? Wouldn't you just select the best men that went after you?

You think guys only like gorgeous women? for just sex, maybe. For something more? No, we get annoyed by beautiful women that are stupid, insecure, drama queens.

But it seems there is a problem with rich, successful, and handsome men - they are not faithful, they cheat, and when you get old they'll dump you for a younger woman! Aren't hot guys difficult?

The only problem is they know that they can get away with it. Maybe you could tone your standards to just "attractive" men, or "cute guys" or "fairly decent looking guys". I've also found that when you really get to know someone and like them for who they are, they become a lot more attractive.

And if you're ugly, I guess it would be very hard to find a good man unless you lower your standards? How hard is it finding a good man if you're ugly?

I know some women who are not very good looking but have a great guy. Probably because they have a lot to offer other than looks (which will all deteriorate over time anyway pending plastic surgery operations).

If you're married now - how hard was it finding and getting your man? What were you looking for in a man?

But to me dating in general is way easier for women. Women get into clubs for free, are treated out, and it's usually men who come onto them, so not much rejection for women. And men need money or a job to be good enough whereas women only need their looks and a good personality.

Dating IS easier for women, men are expected to put themselves out there a little more, yet women don't always feel comfortable pursuing men.

Men don't need money or a job to be good enough. I met my girlfriend while unemployed with NO MONEY. We just went out on inexpensive dates and enjoyed each other's company.

Women need a lot more than just looks and personality to land a good dude.

Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself what you really want and what you can bring to a relationship.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:55 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It may be hard for some women to find a good man because THAT good man is also looking for a good woman. Same thing for men.
And that sums it up nicely.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
And that sums it up nicely.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:

I think if you are a pretty woman you should have no trouble finding a handsome man. But you are asking for one that has a good career and business. If that was the case you'd probably need to have a great education or your own career/business in order for that to work out. Or, you need some other type of skill that is going to hold his interest. It is very easy to find an excellent man if you are an excellent woman. However I fear that your standards might be a bit high if you think that a woman's beauty alone is enough.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:42 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Jesse69 is not a woman.

Old 01-10-2011, 06:55 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Jesse69 is not a woman.
Definitely not!! Wishes he was, though.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:11 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,389,384 times
Anyone cruising Craigslist for their "competition" has no conception of what a relationship is like or how to develop or nurture one. Anyone who thinks that all handsome, successful men cheat or dump their wives for younger women is similarly clueless.

A successful man does not have to be rich and handsome and such a characterization is vapid in the extreme. A successful man is a man who is loved and who loves and has a happy relationship and who is happy and satisfied with himself.

What makes a happy marriage? Two people who love one another and are each other's best friends. Two people who would rather be together than with anyone else on earth. I have no idea why so many people here seem to have no understanding of this. It's not rocket science.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:58 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
When I was in my 20s. I knew a lot of what I would consider to be "good single men". However, I rarely encountered such a man, who women were strongly attracted to.

Perhaps I was able to see them up close in a way that most women never do or don't even try to do.

This is probably the biggest problem women have today. Compared to the past, they have an enormous potential selection and yet, really don't get to know much about any of these men. Consequently, superficial attributes are the only thing considered.

Also, unlike the past, most women now have about 80 to 90% of the decision to make about a relationship, unless they are super picky. However, they get almost no input from those who are truly in the know.

For the minority of women who don't have this decision making power, they rarely have much choice but to select from what most consider to be society's dregs. Not always true, but they will usually be unhappy, no matter what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships