Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
We all make mistakes, but I still can't believe you fell for that unmistakable psycho... Anyway, it's water under the bridge now and you made it out of it.

I'm happy for you, Robyn.
Thanks, Sierra. Looking back right now I knew he was strange, but to me, it was a bit intriguing. I was a woman who had really only been in one relationship her whole life, and it was a constraining one at that. We were hs sweethearts, so I was with no one else. I had one other bf before him. I was plopped right into a motherly and wifely role around the age of 17. I had our first child at 20, second at 22. I took care of my father until his passing and then did the same with my mother 5 years later.

Then here comes this other person who speaks several languages, travels, all of that From the city..NY. It was like he was introducing me to things I had no idea of before then. He swept me off my feet.

But that was his intention. No, I didn't see it. IN the end it was bad. It still is a little bad, and for a great little while, I was fearful of my life.

I look back and he had control of me. The first time he lost control was when he punched me in the face. I did go back after that. He promised he would change and because I loved him, I believed him.

It was good for a few days, but that is all.

Now that is all behind me and I am walking forward. I am happy, I am healthy. I had not been healthy in some time.

I am blessed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thanks, Sierra. Looking back right now I knew he was strange, but to me, it was a bit intriguing. I was a woman who had really only been in one relationship her whole life, and it was a constraining one at that. We were hs sweethearts, so I was with no one else. I had one other bf before him. I was plopped right into a motherly and wifely role around the age of 17. I had our first child at 20, second at 22. I took care of my father until his passing and then did the same with my mother 5 years later.

Then here comes this other person who speaks several languages, travels, all of that From the city..NY. It was like he was introducing me to things I had no idea of before then. He swept me off my feet.
I can see how that happened now... This type thrives on beautiful women at vulnerable times in their lives, and you were also inexperienced to boot.

Quote:
I am happy, I am healthy. I had not been healthy in some time.

I am blessed.
Good for you!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I can see how that happened now... This type thrives on beautiful women at vulnerable times in their lives, and you were also inexperienced to boot.

Good for you!
Yep! Oh well. Chalking it all up to experience. I do believe all the turns I made in life, whether they be the right ones or the wrong ones led me to where I am today. Where I am today is where I was meant to be.

The man I am with was there for me as a friend through very much of this... He was best friend through thick and thin.

He makes my life happy.

=) YAY!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
The man I am with was there for me as a friend through very much of this... He was best friend through thick and thin.
I hope so, Robyn... I hope so... but the savior types can be dangerous, too... Again, you were not at a good place in your life when you met him!

I know somebody who was "saved" from an abusive marriage by her current husband. He's extremely controlling!

Old 01-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I hope so, Robyn... I hope so... but the savior types can be dangerous, too... Again, you were not at a good place in your life when you met him!

I know somebody who was "saved" from an abusive marriage by her current husband. He's extremely controlling!
He is not a savior. He is someone not much different than myself. Someone who has had it rough in life and relationships and wants happiness.

We were friends for quite some time before all of these feelings. He is not in the least bit controlling....

Just loves me. Doesn't care what I do. Go to work, go to school.. stay at home. He just wants my happiness, as I do his.

Together we are happy. Oh there have been a few rough patches. We are not perfect. But we work on it. We work through it. Together we work through it.

When we met it felt like we had none each other forever, but were some reason apart. Felt like we came back together. I can look in his eyes and in his smile and it is so obvious how much he loves me.

I visited with his grandmother for a few hours today, she is such a sweetie.

Both of our families, I believe were worried, but all they needed to do is see us together and they knew.

We are best friends....

Old 01-13-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
We are best friends....
I sure hope you're right.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I sure hope you're right.
This time...I am certain. Its what my brother asked me, lol. Sure he's not crazy? Sure he's normal?

He is every day. He is what I have always wanted.

Goes to work, comes home.

We drink coffee together in the morning and sit across from one another at the dinner table every night, taking turns on who says the blessings.

We sit down on the couch and watch a movie and I place my hand on his leg and he places his over mine.

He reads me a couple of chapters out of the Bible each night and then we discuss it.

He is ordinary, every day. The only frills are that he loves me, and I love him.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,926,664 times
Yep normalcy is underrated sometimes. Sometimes we just want the person we are with not to be nuts.

Congrats on your relationship and growth!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Yep normalcy is underrated sometimes. Sometimes we just want the person we are with not to be nuts.

Congrats on your relationship and growth!
Thanks!!! And you are so right!!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:30 PM

Sierra thank you for being my voice of reason. =)

Dinner was great. We talked about our days, respectively. Cleaned the kitchen together and then I cut his hair for him as he knelt on the floor...

It feels really good to be in a normal relationship. Who knows what normal is, really, but this feels right. It feels like how it is supposed to be.

I thought my parents had a normal relationship but who was I to know? It is what I grew up seeing. As much as I loved my parents, I look back and all they did was argue. My mother always standing over the sink crying. My dad belittling her. Then him trying to be nice and have her stop crying.

This was my life with Jim and I thought it was normal. I repeated my parents life for 17 years thinking it was ok. It was never ok. I will always love my mother and I will always love my father, God rest both of their souls, but it was not normal.

I do believe it took me into the type of life I lead for so long.

What I have now..is like none other to me..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships