Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 12:22 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Bolded part above -- why should men even bother doing that anyway though, when they can always hire a professional to do it? Is a man's manliness, reduced to his mere ability to be a handyman?
No, nor is a woman's femininity reduced to her ability to cook and bake and do laundry. But there are undoubtedly men who appreciate women who do these things well, just as there are women who appreciate a man who builds furniture and fixes things.

At the moment, my husband is looking at plans to build me a trunk for the blankets that pile up in the front room in the wintertime.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:23 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,469,840 times
Some girls like feminine boys (or so they say)

Old 01-15-2011, 12:23 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Oh, for heaven's sake. Last night my SO told me which box of Clairol to get, and showed me the ruby red/burgundy he used to use on his own then-shoulder length hair in his high school days and early 20s, when he had piercings in both ears. He also knows how to tweeze brows, something I've yet to do at age 44.

He doesn't get manicures and pedicures, true. But even if he wanted to, he wouldn't because there's no point when it's only going to chip when he has to take down an inmate.

I guess for me, a feminine man that comes to mind is Ryan Seacrest. My men have had long hair, piercings and such but not smooth feminine skin and just so perfect hair.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Some girls like feminine boys (or so they say)

Who? Who likes feminine boys? Other boys maybe. And yes, some girls like feminine boys to relate to for girly things or maybe they think it's sooo hot to be seen with a feminine boy. Not so much when you go into your 30's and beyond.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Life is what you make it, Dear OP. My man is 6'4" and 230 lbs. I appreciate the fact that he can change the oil or replace the brakes in the car. I also appreciate that he is groomed, dresses VERY WELL...and cooks like a professional.
He knows that I can fix things around the house without asking him to help on every little thing and I love Texas football.
It makes us MORE compatible- not less.
But to each his/her own.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnulus View Post
I'm bi/pansexual and somewhat androgynous (I have asperger's though, that colors everything about me), and i just don't notice most guys being all that "effeminate". It must be the part of the country you live in. I do notice though among young guys there is more openness to bisexuality and gender variance. But for straight males i don't see alot of difference since a decade or two ago.

What is that "pansexual"? I've never heard of it.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:28 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
Real men don't respond on Relationship forums.

...oops...

Old 01-15-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Who? Who likes feminine boys? Other boys maybe. And yes, some girls like feminine boys to relate to for girly things or maybe they think it's sooo hot to be seen with a feminine boy. Not so much when you go into your 30's and beyond.
I'm not in my "30s and beyond"

Old 01-15-2011, 12:33 PM

732 posts, read 1,045,776 times
One ridiculous word sums this issue up: Manscaping.

I have some chest hair but hardly a jungle. My masseuse, a lady, was mentioning all the hairy men she massages and wished they would all manscape.

I asked "You mean their backs?"

She said "Their chests!"

Ridiculous. Now, men are expected to lose their chest hair? Maybe we should just have it all removed. And any guy that would have ANY body hair removed is an 'effin whipped idiot.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
So, just out of curiosity, where would I fall into all this?

I've got a "real man" physique - 6'2, size 15 feet, about 200 lbs, built like a tank. I do my own oil changes and brakes and can also reside and paint a house if need be. I play guitar, drink beer from the bottle (I prefer stouts with high alcohol content), am not into wines and don't like these designer cupcakes and crap like that. I was in a bar fight a few months ago where I beat up an overzealous bouncer, and once stabbed a guy who tried to mug me and an ex. I own firearms. I always, unequivocally hold the door for women, children, and the elderly, and just yesterday politely stopped a teenager who was plowing through a line of old women with canes getting onto the bus and told him that he should always let elderly ladies on the bus first. I was raised on military bases by a military dad - this sort of thing is a very big deal to me. I listen to a lot of fast-paced hard rock, metal, hardcore, and of course... classics like Skynyrd and Zep. I played in a hardcore band for some time.

I also use a facial cleanser and moisturizer. As I type this on my Blackberry, I am wearing a custom-tailored black pinstripe Brooks Brothers sport coat over an Ascot Chang button-down with a vintage 50's super-slim tie and a pair of dark red Levi's 511's and a pair of 12-hole Doc Martens. This is a fairly common get-up for me. The car I do all my own work on is an S2000 - a two-door, two-seat convertible. I've been a strict vegetarian for the last 11 years of my life. I tend to an aquarium at home that is bee themed, i.e., it's only filled with fish that look like little aquatic bees (because I think they're wicked cute) as well as an amazon parrot, and can't wait till I move into a place where I can get a cat or dog. I draw, paint, and write... I cook - a lot... I know how to do embroidery, a combination result of my dad teaching me how to sew patches as a kid, and my mom showing me how I could make pretty pictures on cloth with different colored thread. I also listen to Joy Division, Elliott Smith, a bunch of electronic stuff... not quite what you'll hear playing at a truck stop.

So...?
You must be the guy that posted a story about the time when you were on a bus wearing that outfit and some high school girls hit on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships