Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 12:58 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,472,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
This sums it up nicely.

In the Eye of the Beholder

Isn't that the truth!

Old 01-15-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Here in the Bay Area, there are a fair number of gals who go for hipsterish guys, or describe their ideal man as being "nerdy" or "geeky," and are attracted to guys who are very thin (with lower muscle mass), have more meek personalities, and are into less "manly" pursuits. I did date a girl for a few months who at one point told me that I was "too masculine" for her, and that she liked "pretty boys" more. She also liked how I could fix stuff for her and assembled Ikea furniture quickly, fixed a timing problem in her car's engine and saved her $500, and could lift heavy objects great heights... but I guess she wanted me to whimper about how I might get a nick on my hands in the process and how I'd rather be doing yoga instead?

But then, the grandmother of one of my friends refers to me as "the pretty boy" in Chinese... and I've been called a "dandy" and whatnot before. Can't win em all.

Maybe because you live in the SF area, women/girls are used to seeing feminine men, just guessing. Or nowadays, women like the pretty boys better, I'm not quite sure. I have seen the hipsters which remind me of pics I've seen of the beatniks of the 60's.

Funny, I don't think the goth or punk men look feminine with their hair and makeup. But I find a tiny small men to be somewhat more feminine. I might or could be very wrong in my thinking. The majority of the men I've had or attracted to are big men over 200 lbs and over 6".

But the main thing with you, though, is that you know yourself and are comfortable and that's what counts in life. You do what makes you happy and that's what we all should do in life to be true to oneself.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:09 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
No, just because you wear girlpants doesn't make you totally feminine. But how do you boys get your junk in those pants? Ouch is what I say everytime I see boys wearing them!

Anyway, what else do you find feminine about yourself and call yourself a feminine boy?
Well, since I can fit into and wear pants that were meant for a thin teenage girl, I thought that meant my body type/clothing was feminine.

I used to think the same thing (how could it possibly be comfortable?). But when I tried them on, I was pleasantly surprised.

Another feminine thing about me is how I'm afraid to make the first move. A stereotypically masculine guy is bold and not afraid of rejection.

I've also been told some of the music I like is for girls.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:10 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
No, just because you wear girlpants doesn't make you totally feminine. But how do you boys get your junk in those pants? Ouch is what I say everytime I see boys wearing them!
I can't...

Anything slimmer than 501's or 511's... my voice jumps an octave and I can't make any quick motions!

Old 01-15-2011, 01:11 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
I can't...

Anything slimmer than 501's or 511's... my voice jumps an octave and I can't make any quick motions!
Then I guess it's true when bands say their pants help them sing a certain way.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
Well, since I can fit into and wear pants that were meant for a thin teenage girl, I thought that meant my body type/clothing was feminine.

I used to think the same thing (how could it possibly be comfortable?). But when I tried them on, I was pleasantly surprised.

Another feminine thing about me is how I'm afraid to make the first move. A stereotypically masculine guy is bold and not afraid of rejection.

I've also been told some of the music I like is for girls.

That is certainly a myth and NOT true at all. Men just like women are afraid of rejection. Some guys are just able to hide their feelings better. Don't think less of yourself because you can't make the first move.

Unless you are into the Jonas Brothers then I think whoever is telling you about your music is blowing smoke.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
You must be the guy that posted a story about the time when you were on a bus wearing that outfit and some high school girls hit on you.
Yep. That's me

Evidently:

+

+

(black/pinstriped, jacket only)

=

Old 01-15-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Then I guess it's true when bands say their pants help them sing a certain way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHWeuQyFouo

You be the judge

Old 01-15-2011, 02:25 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Here in the Bay Area, there are a fair number of gals who go for hipsterish guys, or describe their ideal man as being "nerdy" or "geeky," and are attracted to guys who are very thin (with lower muscle mass), have more meek personalities, and are into less "manly" pursuits. I did date a girl for a few months who at one point told me that I was "too masculine" for her, and that she liked "pretty boys" more. She also liked how I could fix stuff for her and assembled Ikea furniture quickly, fixed a timing problem in her car's engine and saved her $500, and could lift heavy objects great heights... but I guess she wanted me to whimper about how I might get a nick on my hands in the process and how I'd rather be doing yoga instead?

But then, the grandmother of one of my friends refers to me as "the pretty boy" in Chinese... and I've been called a "dandy" and whatnot before. Can't win em all.
I wonder what comes first. Is it that the women want dantier girly-men or that the men became dainty girly-men so the women want them anyway.

In past generations, women wouldn't have considered dating a man whose nails were polished better than her own or who plucked his eyebrows and dressed feminine. Now they do. Maybe women now just feel more comfortable with men who want to stand in front of the mirror with them and share clothes with them and get their manicures and pedicures together.

Old 01-15-2011, 02:29 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
Quote:
Why don't you grow up and stop calling people retarded and respond back on why you think they are wrong. Just because I wrote this doesn't mean I can't change my mind if I see someone's point of view. None of my opinions are written in stone. .
But I'm only 22. Retarded is pretty popular in my scene. Plus, growing up is overrated anyway.

Quote:
As far as the lotions and moisturizer that you think is retard. I'm not saying men can't use them. Of course, they should. I'm talking about making their faces so smooth and womanlike using these products. Not using them for their hands, feet or other parts of their body.

There are loads of women with unsmooth skin on their faces. Does that make them less feminine?

What you are implying here is that one's femininity is proportional to how much one grooms. Fortunately, that's not true.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's stupid to judge people's masculinity/femininity by artificial superficial qualities.

Another common misconception is that being petite is also a sign of femininity. Yea, I know this digresses from the topic but still.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships