Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:35 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
You're right. It's possible that she had other lovers that were closer in age to her. I don't even keep in touch with her anymore, so I don't know what her dating life is like now. I didn't exactly keep in touch with her in high school either, but I at least knew what went on because she was at my school.

Even if she had a lover that was closer in age, that doesn't change the fact that she repeatedly went for younger boys. Not once, but twice. It would be one thing if she learned a lesson after me and stuck to boys closer in age to her after that. But she didn't learn. She went for a younger boy again.

There are a number of reasons why my relationship didn't work out. But one of the reasons was because of the age gap. I learned a lesson and now I'm reluctant to have a significantly older girlfriend.
Oh, now this is rich. You are now the God of 'lessons' of what other people should learn. Just exactly what lesson was she suppose to learn? Did something evil and horrible happen to her? Even if she dated someone her own age and got burned are you saying she should learn a lesson and not date someone her own age. Interesting to say the least.

You say YOU learned a lesson. That's YOU beyond that it's none of your business. Also you said she was held back a year in high school and was 19? Maybe she isn't mature for her age and boys younger than her are more on her level. Good grief.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:36 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I imagine there are a fair number of reasons a relationship between a 10 year old and a 12 year old wouldn't endure into old age.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:45 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I imagine there are a fair number of reasons a relationship between a 10 year old and a 12 year old wouldn't endure into old age.
I know a couple that met when the male was in 6th grade and the female was in 3rd grade. They're married now.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Did I miss the latest edition of the NewSpeak Dictionary when "twice" become a new definition of "repeatedly"?
If a criminal commits a crime twice, they're known as a repeated offender. Am I wrong?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:53 AM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Umm the relationship didn't work because she was too old for me. A 12 year old girl is way more emotionally mature than a 10 year old boy.

There was a lesson for both of us to learn. It's kinda sad that she didn't learn.

And she didn't stay back in high school. This is how it happened: She went to a different elementary school than me. But then she switched to my elementary school. She was in 6th grade and I was in 5th grade. But then they decided she couldn't handle 6th grade and moved her to 5th grade. This had nothing to do with her maturity. It had to do with her intelligence. Put bluntly, she's not too bright.
Enough is enough. Read through your threads, c_d. I think you are the one with the problem. Your whining reminds me of the Paul Anka song "My Eyes Adored You" which actually is a song about a guy in Grade 5 in love with a girl in Grade 6. You having a "helicopter mommy", who has agreed with your theory that "she is/was a pedophile". Seriously, I have a son a little older than you, and I've done the "copter thing" a few times myself when I wished I wouldn't have--agreed with something that is so stupid and ludicrous because the comment isn't worth a time for discussion, without getting into a going nowhere conversation. Love Hurts (by the way that's the title of another song)..get over it. Why on earth would you be watching her until she is 19...if you weren't the one with the problem?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:54 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Quote:
If a criminal commits a crime twice, they're known as a repeated offender. Am I wrong?
Yes, because you can't compare a crime to a non crime. Serious crimes are a lot more rare than benign events.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigagirl View Post
Enough is enough. Read through your threads, c_d. I think you are the one with the problem. Your whining reminds me of the Paul Anka song "My Eyes Adored You" which actually is a song about a guy in Grade 5 in love with a girl in Grade 6. You having a "helicopter mommy", who has agreed with your theory that "she is/was a pedophile". Seriously, I have a son a little older than you, and I've done the "copter thing" a few times myself when I wished I wouldn't have--agreed with something that is so stupid and ludicrous because the comment isn't worth a time for discussion, without getting into a going nowhere conversation. Love Hurts (by the way that's the title of another song)..get over it. Why on earth would you be watching her until she is 19...if you weren't the one with the problem?
I didn't watch her until she was 19. I just happened to notice her relationship since she went to my school.

And my mom wasn't just agreeing with me because she thought it wasn't worth discussion. She came to the conclusion on her own that she's a predator. All I told her was that she was dating a boy even younger than me.

And when I was 10, my mom said she was too old for me, even though I thought otherwise at the time. Just more proof that she's not purposely agreeing with me.

Last edited by city_data91; 01-16-2011 at 11:06 AM..

Old 01-16-2011, 11:00 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
I know a couple that met when the male was in 6th grade and the female was in 3rd grade. They're married now.
as aquaintances, or were these 2 children (age 8 and 11 presumably) in a relationship that endured until marriage? If not the latter, your comment above can be disregarded as a non sequiter.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Lots of annoyed people, understandably so.

I'm thinking about the environment as well. We tend to become attracted to people we are around a great deal. A lot of kids enter school a year late because of the cut off on their birthdays, so there are plenty of 19 year old seniors out there. They don't just interact with kids in their grade.

I have also seen some 16 year old boys (and girls) who look a lot older, and sometimes, act it. The same goes for 10 and 12 year olds.

I wouldn't say there is a pattern based on what the OP has shared.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
as aquaintances, or were these 2 children (age 8 and 11 presumably) in a relationship that endured until marriage? If not the latter, your comment above can be disregarded as a non sequiter.
I think they were in a relationship. Like I said, age gaps mean a lot at that age regardless of who's older. But hey, it worked for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships