Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:29 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think 12 and 10 are too young to be "dating" in the first place. But yes - a 19 year old woman would be in college or working and it would be off to be dating a high school sophmore.

It's not the age gap so much as life experience gap.
Exactly!

The age difference is just more apparent when people are younger, less when people become older. (ex. 3 yr age difference)

Old 01-18-2011, 07:31 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
We didn't exactly date. It was a 5th grade relationship. It lasted a month and a half. We didn't do much except talk on the phone (and I found out my mom and brother put me on speaker phone to listen). She didn't know anything unusual for a 12 year old. But the typical 12 year old girl is way more emotionally mature than a 10 year old boy.
Didn't you say that she was a little slow, though? She was held back in school. So she was not a typical 12-year-old girl.

Old 01-18-2011, 07:36 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Didn't you say that she was a little slow, though? She was held back in school. So she was not a typical 12-year-old girl.
Yes, she stayed back. She's not very smart. But that has nothing to do with how emotionally mature she was.

I was smarter than her (still am). She was more emotionally mature than me (don't know if that's true anymore).

Old 01-18-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Holy crap, if she was not smart then and still not now, she's certainly not emotionally mature either. Could it be that she is somewhat slow and that's why she is going out with younger boys?

And for someone that just talked on the phone for a month and a half, you've sure making a BIG deal over this small, insignificant event in your life.

And for your mother to listen in on your conversation!?!?! She needs to back off and give you space. Anyway that's another issue of many with you.
You can be dumb and also emotionally mature. Intelligence and emotional maturity are 2 different things.

Maybe emotionally mature is the wrong phrase. I can't think of the right phrase. But what I'm trying to say is a 12 year old girl is more advanced than a 10 year old boy in some ways, regardless of intelligence. The fact that she was able to confuse me should tell you something.

I agree my mom shouldn't do that. I think that's one of the reasons I never dated in high school. Because I didn't trust my family to stay out of it.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:20 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
You can be dumb and also emotionally mature. Intelligence and emotional maturity are 2 different things.

Maybe emotionally mature is the wrong phrase. I can't think of the right phrase. But what I'm trying to say is a 12 year old girl is more advanced than a 10 year old boy in some ways, regardless of intelligence. The fact that she was able to confuse me should tell you something.

I agree my mom shouldn't do that. I think that's one of the reasons I never dated in high school. Because I didn't trust my family to stay out of it.
Believe me, I've never met anyone that has low intelligence to have a high maturity level. Usually they have low maturity levels to go with their intelligence.

I think you just need to move on in life and forget about this small event in your life.

You're now a 19 y.o. college boy that needs to stop thinking about the past and live right now in the future. Don't dwell on the same stuff. It'll hold you back.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:24 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
You ask if the girl was a pedophile because she had a boyfriend who was younger, and my opinion is she was not. If all you ever did with her is talk on the phone, how could this be any different than just having a friend who is younger? Maybe she thought you were cool cause you were smarter. Whatever the case, if all you guys did at 10 and 12 is chat, there is nothing to consider about her. Nothing at all. Since she is dating a younger boy than herself at this current age, there is probably a weird vibe, but if the boy is sexually experienced and she thinks he is cute, then her logic is simply failing in considering that she is more emotionally mature than he is . Like you said, she might be too dumb to understand that he is less emotionally mature than her. And is just looking at the outside package.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:29 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
The writing is clearly different. One is arrogant, the other writes like a 12 yr old. One never mentions his family and the other is quite clearly dependent upon his mommy. One focuses on himself, his wants, his needs; the other focuses on what's wrong with others - and that his mother agrees. Definitely not the same.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Are you sure you're an adult? You post like you're still a 5th grader. It's time to let go of the past and get on with your life.
I have a picture on my profile. Do I look like a 5th grader? Didn't think so.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Actually, your picture does not look like that of an adult. Girl pants don't help to give you much more of a jr high school student look.
Nothing wrong with being young looking. I only hope I continue to look younger than I am. If I'm still young looking at 40, that will make me happy.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:38 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,681 times
Quote:
This happened when I was 10. I'm 19 now. Do you think I've been bitter for this entire time? Of course not. In the past, I was hopeful that I would get a girlfriend. But I kept getting my hopes up for nothing.
While you're getting your hopes up for a gf. Are you learning a skill, a talent, anything? What exactly are you doing to get a gf? Or are you just sitting around wishing for a gf?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships