Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yeah right...and how old are you and how many relationships have you had?
Age is not necessarily indicative of how much experience you have in relationships. I met my wife at 12 and felt married to her by 15 but I'm sure people would have used my age then to prove I don't know anything about relationships. Just because someone has a different outlook or opinion doesn't mean that their experience is less valid. They may have just as much or more experience than you but may have just come to a different conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 10:41 AM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,300 times
Weird. Is this tied to a self-esteem issue?
What can happen when people cheat -their cheat partner can be obsessed and seek to harm you (amy fisher), babies by other people, MOST importantly DISEASES-are we assuming your partner is being careful with the person that they are cheating with, violation of trust in the relationship, should I go on? What if they love that other person more and want to leave you?
Just questions to think about

Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 PM

811 posts, read 550,646 times
You don't have to say "Yeah right", because even if you don't believe me its true. My age, I said in another post, and have been in 4 SERIOUS relationships. None ended over cheating. People react to things differently, the same way some cry over losing someone and some don't.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:06 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times
Why are Iron Age morals to be preferred over Information Age morals? It seems to me, that we should be able to ameliorate the human condition such, that communicable diseases could be cured or prevented.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to allocate resources to those ends which could improve our standard of living as a promotion and provision of the general welfare and common defense.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:57 PM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times
I can deal with a lot of things...but I WILL NOT deal with cheating

Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,867 times
lol @ the cheaters using the "we're not married line". A committed relationship is a committed relationship. I don't need some certificate from the state to determine my level of commitment to another human being. Sleeping with another person when you are devoted to another shows a complete lack of respect and a lack of will power. If you are too weak to be committed to one person, that doesn't suddenly make it ok. But I guess I'd have that screwed up point of view if I wasn't in love with someone and I was constantly running around on them.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:03 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
It's not as weird as the way some people get super-riled up about it. Like if they caught their spouse/SO cheating they'd be ready to kill them and the other person? Actually I never got that, yes maybe I haven't felt the passions or jealousies or love, but even when I try to put myself in that position it still seems really selfish/wicked to go that far.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:29 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't be ready to actually kill someone over it.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
lol @ the cheaters using the "we're not married line". A committed relationship is a committed relationship. I don't need some certificate from the state to determine my level of commitment to another human being. Sleeping with another person when you are devoted to another shows a complete lack of respect and a lack of will power. If you are too weak to be committed to one person, that doesn't suddenly make it ok. But I guess I'd have that screwed up point of view if I wasn't in love with someone and I was constantly running around on them.
Why is being committed to one person "stronger"? People like to form relationships differently. I oppose the secretive, dishonest nature of cheating, but if someone doesn't want to be tied down with one person, why does that make them "weak"? Being in a relationship with more than one person at a time requires a lot of emotional maturity too. It requires being strong in another way.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
lol @ the cheaters using the "we're not married line". A committed relationship is a committed relationship. I don't need some certificate from the state to determine my level of commitment to another human being.
That certificate ties two people together in ways that just hanging together does not. Fear of divorce is what keeps some couples together. If you live together, breaking up is legally no different from ousting a roommate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships