Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 12:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times

Advertisements

There are a few threads here that make me wonder WTF!

One guy wants to know if he should hang out with his friend's new girlfriend.

Another is having an affair with a women who has left her husband to continue cheating with the OP.

Some other guy is potentially going to not have weekend visitation with his daughter because his ex is being controlling and his current wife is as well.

Still another has been pretty happily married for over 30 years but wants to 'sow his wild oats'.

Now none of these men are teenagers, they all appear to be fairly mature adults, but why is the ability to manage their life as a responsible and ethical gentleman so lacking?

We talk about feminisation of men and feminists ruining men's life, but it seems as if men themselves are actually making very bad decisions and ruining their own lives and along with it the lives of the families as well.

Have we lost our sense of doing right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 12:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
I'm not doing any of that so the answer to your last question is, "No."

Old 01-17-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
I'm not doing any of that so the answer to your last question is, "No."
And you are very sensible

Old 01-17-2011, 12:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
The little head does not understand about consequences and personal responsibility.

That's why it's important for men to think with the big head between their shoulders only. In the situations you describe there are too many decisions being made by the little head.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:47 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
What goes through a mans mind?

Exactly what you think.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The little head does not understand about consequences and personal responsibility.

That's why it's important for men to think with the big head between their shoulders only. In the situations you describe there are too many decisions being made by the little head.
I do believe you are right.

I know there are many men who do the right thing. Maybe we just had a little influx of hot messes.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post

Another is having an affair with a women who has left her husband to continue cheating with the OP.

Some other guy is potentially going to not have weekend visitation with his daughter because his ex is being controlling and his current wife is as well.

Still another has been pretty happily married for over 30 years but wants to 'sow his wild oats'.

Now none of these men are teenagers, they all appear to be fairly mature adults, but why is the ability to manage their life as a responsible and ethical gentleman so lacking?

We talk about feminisation of men and feminists ruining men's life, but it seems as if men themselves are actually making very bad decisions and ruining their own lives and along with it the lives of the families as well.

I try to look at people on a case-by-case basis. You can find plenty of men who do things that make you think WTF. But I don't assume such men represent all or even a majority of men out there.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:49 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
Quote:

C'mon, men aren't the only guilty ones.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
C'mon, men aren't the only guilty ones.
Oh no I agree completely. Women do some crazy stuff as well.

In fact all in all you would probably find more threads from women about how crazy their lives are. That's why this little influx of posts from guys seemed so unusual.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:53 PM

142 posts, read 238,597 times
Quote:
Now none of these men are teenagers, they all appear to be fairly mature adults,
Mature in body only it would seem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships