Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,080 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the link, and for the kind words. I'm also sorry; I don't mean to come across as prickly or over-sensitive or anything like that. I know you were only trying to help, and I am grateful for your valuable comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I also say good luck on this relationship. I mean no harm.

Renaissance Club

^^ This, I believe, is a Renaissance club in VA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 11:39 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,465,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Thanks for the link, and for the kind words. I'm also sorry; I don't mean to come across as prickly or over-sensitive or anything like that. I know you were only trying to help, and I am grateful for your valuable comments.

Oh, no, no need to apologize. I understand how you feel. I DO hope and wish for you that this relationship does have a happy ending. One never knows until you try and you are trying to see were this relationship goes.

Since maybe you can't get away from work to fly to where she is but could her and her mother fly to VA to meet you in the near future?

6 months is a good period of time to get to know one another on-line but then it will get stale and boring if both of you don't meet in person soon.

I would definitely, though, find out about her and make sure she is who she says she is before her flying out to see you.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Oh, no, no need to apologize. I understand how you feel. I DO hope and wish for you that this relationship does have a happy ending. One never knows until you try and you are trying to see were this relationship goes.
Thanks for all of your understanding and patience donie1!

Quote:
Since maybe you can't get away from work to fly to where she is but could her and her mother fly to VA to meet you in the near future?
Lol, no once I save up enough vacation time, I could easily get approved for some time away from work...I had just meant earlier, that since I work for Uncle Sam in D.C., I'm not really in a position to be able to relocate elsewhere and also maintain the same standard of living for a hopeful future wife/child/family. I would gladly go see her, as soon as I am able. (Also gotta start saving up for a vacation fund! )

Quote:
6 months is a good period of time to get to know one another on-line but then it will get stale and boring if both of you don't meet in person soon.

I would definitely, though, find out about her and make sure she is who she says she is before her flying out to see you.
Agreed with you 100%, on the two points mentioned above

Old 01-19-2011, 03:21 PM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,091,372 times
So do her parents know all about you, how old you are? Or is your online romance a secret from them?

Old 01-20-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So do her parents know all about you, how old you are? Or is your online romance a secret from them?
I never pressured her either way, or asked her to keep anything a secret -- IMO, she is welcome to tell her parents about us, if she wants to. She elected on her own initiative, not to tell her parents. But so far, neither of us have told our immediate families yet so far, b/c we both feel they just wouldn't understand how we feel about each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships