Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
Then so be it. As Immanuel Kant once said, "It's not the object that makes the representation possible; it's the representation that makes the object possible." I am a nice guy, but I don't take crap from anyone anymore. Whenever you guys are done trying to segue the conversation, paint me as the bad guy, and trying make me feel guilty, maybe we can carry on and explain why women like bad boys that treat them like dirt? I mean if I'm really a jerk, it shouldn'e be a problem, right?
Several people have answered that. Women who like jerks and being treated like dirt have mental problems, to be overly blunt. Men who like ******es and being treated like dirt have mental problems. Healthy people, of which there are plenty of both sexes, date and marry one another because jerks and ******es do not appeal to them.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:06 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,345 times
well sir, I'm not going to paint you as one way or another. It's not my place to give weight to your goodness or badness. However, with your abrasive approach I can promise you that you will not ever find the type of woman you say you seek.

I'm not asking you to take crap or not to take crap. You decide the route that is best for you. However, I would offer that trying to figure out what women want is an unknowable thing as women aren't all the same. Rather than get into a shoving match with women why not just be open to discussion without meaness?

Of course it's up to you how you desire to see yourself and the person you put yourself out there at which to be perceived. I wish you the best, good luck and take care.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:07 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,720,490 times
Quote:
That may be how you perceive it. Part of the reason is because I'm getting impatient. So far only one person on here has given me a straight answer while everyone else here either keeps giving me the runaround or tries painting me out to be the bad guy because they don't like my approach even after I sympathized with that one girl with the scars.
For a guy your age you should understand the psychology of women better. They can't help the fact that they are evolutionarily inclined to be attracted to the perception of an alpha male. Can you blame 'em? They wanna go where the higher value "seems" to be, just like anybody else.

It is all about creating the perception of value, through confident self-boosting communication combined with surrounding yourself with an abundance of women. Because if they like you the last thing they're gonna want is for another women to have you.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:09 PM

Women complain about men being dogs without realizing, that its them who turn men into dogs.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:10 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Also, whenever I think of "nice guy," I think of Stanley Ipkiss, Jim Carrey's character in the mask. He bought concert tickets for a date and end up giving them to a woman because she had a girlfriend in town. "Stanley, you are the nicest guy! Charley, isn't Stanley the nicest guy?"

My advice to nice guys is to stop trying to be so nice and to start being good men.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Also, whenever I think of "nice guy," I think of Stanley Ipkiss, Jim Carrey's character in the mask. He bought concert tickets for a date and end up giving them to a woman because she had a girlfriend in town. "Stanley, you are the nicest guy! Charley, isn't Stanley the nicest guy?"

My advice to nice guys is to stop trying to be so nice and to start being good men.

This +1

Old 01-18-2011, 01:18 PM

453 posts, read 457,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post

Now we're getting somewhere. How do you go from being a nice guy to a good guy? Would you mind telling me the difference because I'm most intrigued now. I hope you'll pardon me. I'm working and threading at the same time.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Gawd. Another bad boys/nice guys thread? Seriously?

Men who proclaim to be "nice guys" and cry about being single are the ones who lack self awareness. OP has, in 8 short pages, managed to show his true self. OP, you are a classic "nice guy".

The following link illustrates the epitome of the "nice guy" mentality that I loath:

NiceGuy's American Women Suck Page

A bunch of whining, crying, hand wringing, poor me, martyr-like attitude. Blech. No thank you.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Now we're getting somewhere. How do you go from being a nice guy to a good guy? Would you mind telling me the difference because I'm most intrigued now. I hope you'll pardon me. I'm working and threading at the same time.
A nice guy tells the truth all the time.(He gets the least)
A good guy tells the truth a quarter of the time.
And a bad guy rarely if ever tells the truth.(He gets the most)

Old 01-18-2011, 01:21 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
1. Understanding you are imperfect
2. A willingness to acknowledge your drawbacks
3. A drive to change those drawbacks
4. Accepting ownership of your problems/not blaming others for your issues
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships