Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 02:15 PM

108 posts, read 181,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
the 1st thing i thought was a lack of confidence and then you brought it up so there might be something to it. are you asking out girls that are out of your league? also don't try using corny lines and stuff, just plain old ask em out to dinner or a movie.
Hmm, no. I honestly don't think these girls are out of my league. And I do avoid corny lines. I just straight up ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Do yourself a favor...ask your closest friend to be brutally honest with you and tell you what THEY see when they look at you.

I know you said you don't feel like you are putting out a vibe of no self confidence, but that may not be true okay? Let someone who knows you well help you with this

Oh, and some great romances do start out as friendships, but not all - not even most.
Should I do this with my closest female friend? Or closest friend in general?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 02:22 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzio1 View Post
Hmm, no. I honestly don't think these girls are out of my league. And I do avoid corny lines. I just straight up ask.

Should I do this with my closest female friend? Or closest friend in general?
Definitely your closest friend you trust to tell you the honest truth

Last edited by lovesMountains; 01-18-2011 at 02:36 PM..

Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,369 times
What is out of your league? I just am curious?

Old 01-18-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Definitely your closest friend you trust to tell you the honest truth
Okay. Unfortunately I have a hard time of actually talking to my friends about things like this. I know she'll be supportive and honest, but I'll have to find a way to force myself to bring it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
What is out of your league? I just am curious?
How exactly would I quantify/qualify this? I doubt I'm great looking. It's hard for me to evaluate myself, but if I had to guess, average or slightly above average?

Old 01-18-2011, 02:54 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,520 times
no body else's opinion of you matters, be an arrogant a**hole who tells mostly lies, and bends the truth in his favor, and I guarantee you things will improve for you.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:01 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
hmm..that's tricky. I don't date my male friends. Period. I say its better to be well acquainted rather than friends, that way you don't over step the fine line between romance and friendship since as Lovesmountains said..friendship grows later. I completely agree with her!

Also if you say when you ask out female friends that they shoot you down (or however you want to put it), then I will have to say you're reading their signals wrong. Unless she's touching you romantically and acting really flirtatious while giggling all the time, she only sees you as a friend.

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
no body else's opinion of you matters, be an arrogant a**hole who tells mostly lies, and bends the truth in his favor, and I guarantee you things will improve for you.

hmmmm...guessing you're about 19?

2,401 posts, read 3,642,628 times
I think it varies from individual to individual. Not all people are the same and go with the same pace when it comes to approaching relationships. Now myself, I'm old school. So I don't date strangers. I prefer to already be friends with the person, and that allows for lots of time where we can get comfortable with one another and already know each other before even dating, much less having a relationship. We would already know how we click together.

So I prefer being friends first.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Maybe I don't want to be a complete jerk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
hmm..that's tricky. I don't date my male friends. Period. I say its better to be well acquainted rather than friends, that way you don't over step the fine line between romance and friendship since as Lovesmountains said..friendship grows later. I completely agree with her!

Also if you say when you ask out female friends that they shoot you down (or however you want to put it), then I will have to say you're reading their signals wrong. Unless she's touching you romantically and acting really flirtatious while giggling all the time, she only sees you as a friend.
Hmm, okay. What does 'romantically' touching mean, for example? I do feel like in some of these instances they have been flirty.

Old 01-18-2011, 03:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzio1 View Post
I don't know! I have several girl friends, I'm fairly intelligent, dress well, I'm not bad looking (or so I've heard), and have a good sense of humor... but I've just had zero luck so far.
Here's your own answer about how this approach works in reality! And the reality has nothing to do with what your girl friends and a number of women who will attack my post say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships