Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2011, 04:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangytaste View Post
Most men live in paroxysms of delusion about their wives and spouses, who in truth gave the milk away for free and "settled" with him (i.e. made him buy the cow). Others are luckier still, and never want for a bedmate, purely by virtue of the attraction they had from birth. All of these worlds are meaningless and all of them are incidents of particles mutually, confusedly etching out some mode of living.

If love exists -- and I have little reason to believe it does -- it's only among the very old. A couple so old that they've outlived any genetic use for each other, but still continue to keep each other company and care for one another. That might reasonably be called love. All else is shifts in a genetic ocean. And entirely meaningless.
Wow.

You are sounding more and more like a troll.

But on the off chance you are for real I want to say how sorry I am for you - truly. You obviously had some really bad things happen/bad examples in your life to bring you to your outlandish skewered conclusions.

If you are not interested in overcoming your issues, please at least go get a vasectomy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 PM

28 posts, read 30,579 times
Thanks for the out of nowhere insult that wouldn't be out of place on a pro-eugenics neo-Nazi board, but I have no problem getting women. They all fall for the same lines delivered the same way.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
No, we don’t all fall for the same stuff. That's asinine. Some women fall for the tricks and games, but we are not all the same. We don’t all find the same things attractive, nor do men.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:24 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
No, we don’t all fall for the same stuff. That's asinine. Some women fall for the tricks and games, but we are not all the same. We don’t all find the same things attractive, nor do men.
First sign of faulty logic - the use of qualifiers such as "all", "every" and "the great majority".

Old 01-23-2011, 08:14 PM

28 posts, read 30,579 times
You'd be surprised.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:20 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,306,553 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised.
Yeah, Axle knows ( )V( )

Old 01-23-2011, 08:31 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,621,557 times
Quote:
You'd be surprised.
No, I wouldn't. I've been in the game too long - I know what's what.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:26 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Yes. My husband is not bland.

And for Phil, there is nothing inherently wrong with being bland. If a person is content with his romantic lot--matched with a similarly bland companion, or with someone who likes blandness, or just happy being alone--then there is no problem at all. But the guys who just can't figure out why their niceness is not scoring with the ladies, it might be time for them to honestly assess their blandness. Being overly agreeable and accommodating is not interesting or attractive. I don't think you disagree with me, though. You don't strike me as a bland person who may be Too Nice.
This is a common criticism in men, but I find women who are overly agreeable and accommodating really bland as well. I'd prefer someone who is decisive and doesn't take ****, not a doormat who follows me around.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:29 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Don't have time to read the whole thread now, but I'll say I'm the opposite...

Every says I'm a 'nice guy' (in a sincere way) but I don't really think I am. Guess they don't know the real me, lol (nah I'm not mean, bad, rude etc, I am outwardly nice, but I don't think I'm ultimately a great person, no morally better than average). I don't go around saying 'I'm so nice, why won't girls date me?' I think that's just lame. It'd be fair to say, 'I'm so nice, why does everyone treat me so poorly?' But dating isn't really about nice, unfortunately.

Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Someone I know just lost her husband in a car accident on Saturday night. They have two young children. She is devastated. But I guess that is only because she lost her retirement policy, right? And I guess she should consider herself lucky that she didn't have time to get sick of her husband (because we all know that ALWAYS happens, GMAFB)...I guess she will miss him terribly because they were just random particles that happen to be together.

Love does exist and it's amazing. But it hurts like ****ing hell when that is ripped away in an instant. Tangy, you cannot possibly understand the length and breadth of love when you go around using women like a bull steer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships