Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2011, 12:34 PM

453 posts, read 457,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Positive.

I'm not making you look like anything. You are.
Yeah whatever! I was just trying to be honest, but that wasn't good enough for you. It's too bad I can't delete my profile on here because I would've done that already. Let me guess! That's off topic, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 12:36 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,187,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
Well then your argument keeps contradicting itself. What makes you think I wouldn't date a Hispanic girl? I would as long as she was responsible. I tried explaining to you why I like Asian girls, but I didn't get to elaborate further thanks to you-know-who.
It does contradict if you think that all women think the same.

You don't need to elaborate further on who you are attracted to. You said what attracted you whether or not it offended the equal opportunity people.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,985,887 times
Quote:
I guess it doesn't do me any good to say what I'm thinking no matter how respectful or honest it is, because the OP will just delete it anyway. My reputation as "the bad guy" will always remain as long as I'm on this thread it appears.
I read that post before it got deleted. You're not a nice or good guy. Stop decieving yourself.

Unfortunately, guys like you are simply justifying OP's and most of the women on this thread's opinion about most self-proclaimed nice guys. I still think they're all wrong though. Guys like you are just the loud minority.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
What makes you think I'm so dangerous? I'm not a rapist or a murderer. If they want to put their safety above all else, then maybe they should stop dating bad boys. I thought I'd tell you that before she deletes this one, too.
Dangerous men can behave just as nicely as you can. They are like wolves in sheep clothing. Isn't that the lesson you were trying to teach all little girls?

Controlling men, bad boys, can behave just as nicely as you can. So what is the lesson here, really? It is about concealment.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
daugenstine not all single mothers are the same, just because YOU encountered some that were not ideal doesnt mean they are all the same. I would think it weird if a single mother put me ahead of her child, that would be strange to me (strongest bond on the planet is between mother and child), but to you this is somehow bad, it is YOU in this case that has the sense of entitlement.
I never said it was bad. Let's clear that up right now. Not once did I ever say women were supposed to get rid of their kids. What I said is that it's not MY job to raise the kids. I'm not the father, okay? Why is it my responsibility? I know children always come first. That's a no-brainer. That's why I won't date a single mom. I'm not going to get pushed on the back burner and go sit in the bullpen because Junior wants to monopolize all the attention. Call that selfish, but it is what it is. Like I said though, if it isn't MY child, why the hell should I have to arbitrarily come in and take on the dad's role because she made poor choices in the past?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Dangerous men can behave just as nicely as you can. They are like wolves in sheep clothing. Isn't that the lesson you were trying to teach all little girls?

Controlling men, bad boys, can behave just as nicely as you can. So what is the lesson here, really? It is about concealment.
I'm only dangerous when I'm pushed. I never went off on anyone who didn't have it coming. The guy whose clock I cleaned assaulted me with brass knuckles. However unkind you think I am, I'm fair. I've got nothing to hide, either. Bad boys aren't as slick as they think they are. At least not to me anyway. Maybe that's because my sister has a long track record of bringing home stray dogs. Whatever the reason, I'm not a walking time bomb. The most dangerous things I've ever done was being on the battlefield in Iraq and putting out fires because I'm an ex-firefighter.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:54 PM

Quote:
I'm only dangerous when I'm pushed. I never went off on anyone who didn't have it coming. The guy whose clock I cleaned assaulted me with brass knuckles. However unkind you think I am, I'm fair. I've got nothing to hide, either. Bad boys aren't as slick as they think they are. At least not to me anyway. Maybe that's because my sister has a long track record of bringing home stray dogs. Whatever the reason, I'm not a walking time bomb. The most dangerous things I've ever done was being on the battlefield in Iraq and putting out fires because I'm an ex-firefighter.
Okay. I am trying to see where the problem is. You are a guy who can protect himself mentally from women who take advantage. You are a guy who can protect himself from other guys physically.

Are both a common occurrence?

Old 02-23-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I read that post before it got deleted. You're not a nice or good guy. Stop decieving yourself.

Unfortunately, guys like you are simply justifying OP's and most of the women on this thread's opinion about most self-proclaimed nice guys. I still think they're all wrong though. Guys like you are just the loud minority.
Says you! I'm sorry my truth hurts you so much! I'm not a pushover if that's what you're wondering. I am a nice guy and a good guy, okay? Last year when I went to go fill my car up with gas, I heard some woman screaming bloody murder across the streeet. She dropped her baby and smacked its head on the sidewalk. I ran like hell over there to see what was up. I was the one who called 911 and tried to calm the woman down before she had a panic attack while several rubberneckers stood around with their thumbs up their butts not lifting a finger to help.

Three years ago, when I worked at a restaurant my senior year in college, I faced another similar situation. One of the cooks caught on fire as the flame from the grill backdrafted. I grabbed the spray nozzle from the sink while she was engulfed in flames and told one of my coworkers to call an ambulance. I did what I could to console her. It was all instinctive, yet nobody else lifted a finger to help, either. You see when it comes to those situations most, people flight but I don't. Just because I'm not a warm-and-fuzzy touchy/feely lubby dubby type of person, doesn't mean I'm not caring or compassionate. You must seem to think because I'm a nice guy I'm supposed to bake everyone brownies so we can all sit around a campfire, hold hands, and sing Kumbaya or something.

Old 02-23-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Okay. I am trying to see where the problem is. You are a guy who can protect himself mentally from women who take advantage. You are a guy who can protect himself from other guys physically.

Are both a common occurrence?
Sometimes! Let's just say from past experiences, I'm not the kind of person who trusts people right off the bat. I'm not paranoid, but I like to keep my guard up. I assume you saw me explain to that other person I'm a good man, but not the kind of nice guy she expects. The problem with "nice" is that it's an ambiguous term meaning it has more than one connotation. I always treat people with respect, but I hardly ever speak when I'm out in public. It's not that I'm antisocial; I'm just observant. Only when I feel more comfortable do I start to socialize more. That's my modus operandi.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:00 PM

I know who I am and what I'm made of. I know I'm a honest guy with a good heart, and I don't have to explain or justify anything to anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships