Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 09:03 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,800,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
A mutual friend set us up, he didn't tell her that he already had a girlfriend. He didn't tell me that he already had a girlfriend. He was the one who cheated, not me. My friend worked at the same place he did.
Well one day he'll get his. I'd quit calling him your ex. If you dated for 18 days thats just over 2 weeks at one day per week? Wasn't much of a relationship in my book. Let's just hope you didn't sleep (have sexual relations) with the guy in those 2 days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 PM

56 posts, read 76,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well one day he'll get his. I'd quit calling him your ex. If you dated for 18 days thats just over 2 weeks at one day per week? Wasn't much of a relationship in my book. Let's just hope you didn't sleep (have sexual relations) with the guy in those 2 days.
Nope, I didn't I'm very glad I didn't. I would have regretted it very much if I did.

I'm just glad I was not with him for months or years and then find out that he was cheating on me. I did learn a lesson.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,800,504 times
More power to ya. As was mentioned earlier...you dodged a bullet. You might consider finding your own dates rather than relying on so called friends hooking you up. That can lead to loss of friends if things go sour between a couple.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 PM

56 posts, read 76,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
More power to ya. As was mentioned earlier...you dodged a bullet. You might consider finding your own dates rather than relying on so called friends hooking you up. That can lead to loss of friends if things go sour between a couple.
Yeah, I already told my friend I want to find my own dates.

It would not surprise me if he was cheating on her while he's in Hawaii.

There is NO way I'd be engaged after 4 months of dating someone and then move to another state to be with them.

He's needy and clingy, he asked me to be his Girlfriend after 1 date and after we talked like 5 times on the phone.

I was really dumb for saying yes. but I learned my lesson, it stung but it opened my eyes.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:57 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmua View Post
Even though he cheated on me the entire time and then he lied to me about why he did not want to be in a relationship with me anymore?

Our relationship only lasted 18 days, He was my very first boyfriend too.

He told me twice that we were exclusive and that he was tired of looking., that i'm not like most girls he's dating etc.

We only saw each other once a week because of our schedules and our relationship was really good the first few weeks.

He broke up with me two days after I turned 26 (this year).

He didn't even call me on my birthday to tell me he got off work at 6:30, instead he had some people from church come pick him up so they could go to Bible Study. He called me back two days later because I left a message on his phone stating that I was really worried about him, then he called me back two days after that wanting to set me up with his friend.

I confronted him over the phone about why he did not call me on my birthday and he said " I'm sorry Birthdays are so important to you, whatever".

He also said that we need to quite eating at restaurants and start eating at Gas Stations.
Then he got upset because I changed my relationship status on Facebook from "In a Relationship" to "Single" when his FB page always said "Single".

After he broke up with me, I went and checked on his status and it said " In a Relationship with So & So".
He said that the only way he would break up with someone is if they cheated on him and that cheating was a deal breaker for him.

Anyways, he is engaged to his GF (Whom he cheated on me with) of 4 months. He gave her a promise ring and told her he would never cheat on her.

She is 20, he is 24; He currently lives in Hawaii and his GF is leaving in a couple of months to go be with him in Hawaii.

I also assume he cheated on his ex girlfriend before me too. He was engaged to her and he told me he kept the ring.

He also called me one day and said that he needed his space and that he did not want me calling him when he was with his friends or his family.

I told my father about him leaving for Hawaii and he told me that he would cheat on me once he was there.
You should not be upset that he's engaged. 3 dates over about 3 weeks really doesn't make for a relationship.

Also someone isn't really a cheater when a relationship breaks up after just 18 days.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 PM

23 posts, read 34,594 times
He wasn't a cheater, there was no relationship to begin with

How do you know his character so well if you only dated for 18 days? Sounds like you guys went out twice or three times and he decided to not to begin a relationship with you.

There is life after rejection don't get upset. Being angry is not gonna bring him back.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:22 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,012,727 times
You didn't have a relationship. You dated a couple times. You are taking this much too seriously.... You went out and it didn't work. No harm, no foul. Move on and date someone else. This is what dating is all about, learning who is and isn't a possibility for a future relationship. You are learning what you want in the future.

Keep on dating and don't get seriously involved with anyone. Keep it light and fun....that's all. You aren't ready and don't have the experience to be in a relationship yet. Don't worry, it will happen. Give it time.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM

37,565 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
3 dates over about 3 weeks really doesn't make for a relationship.
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peg Martinez View Post
He wasn't a cheater, there was no relationship to begin with
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
You didn't have a relationship. You dated a couple times. You are taking this much too seriously.... You went out and it didn't work. No harm, no foul. Move on and date someone else.
and this!!

Old 01-21-2011, 07:07 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,418,123 times
The reason he was in such a hurry is that he wanted to move the relationship along as fast as possible before you found out he had a girlfriend. Beware of the guys that move all fast.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:32 AM

697 posts, read 1,280,684 times
i am laughing at this thread like its a joke--- dated three times??? relationship???? (snicker snicker) you are a very lucky young lady that some other gal is gonna put up with his cheating arse-- my advise--- go have a beer and celebrate your good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships